Server time: 2017-10-19, 23:37
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Mr.AJ

In Need of a Translator [Open Frequency]

Gabriel sits down on the bed in the run-down building he was in. He shifts his weight on the bed, it is so uncomfortable, and settles in against the wall. He takes a cigarette out of his vest pocket and puts it between his lips, observing the men around him as they prepared for the night ahead. It would be a long journey if they were going to make it to camp before the sun peaked over the horizon.

Considering the discussion that had concluded only minutes before, Gabriel lit his cigarette and took a long drag. He depressed the transmitter on his radio…. You hear an unsteady, anxious voice break through the endless static. The voice is clearly American and the sound of the wind and shuffling feet can be heard in the background.

“Uh… Hello out there. My name is, uh, Gabe.”   

*He exhales into the receiver*

“Eh, I need a Russian. Well, uh, someone who is from Russia, and speaks Russian, I guess. I have a business meeting and am in need of a translator.”

*Gabriel pauses to take a sip from his water bottle before continuing.*

“ I am not at the liberty to disclose information about business on this frequency, all I can say is that I am guaranteed to profit from this.. I can go into more details if we can talk on a more secure frequency or in person. My business associate, who wishes to remain anonymous, is an incredibly distrustful individual. He is not a fan of the Chernarussians, and made it very clear that for our business to continue he would only trust a Russian to relay the information properly."

*Gabriel sighs*

“At least that is what I thought he said... it was terribly difficult  to understand the man which is why I need some help. I’m not really sure why he feels this way; I only know that I need this business deal to go well. If it falls through, my people will suffer.”

*He coughs and spits*

“If any Russian individual would volunteer their voice to assist me and my business associate in this business I am prepared to offer payment. Of course, this payment would be up for negotiation. I am willing to provide a combination of weapons, ammunition, food, water, and medical supplies.”

*Flicks his cigarette into an empty can of beans.*

“I have already arranged for protection during the deal however, I do not feel comfortable making a guarantee for anyone’s safety, including my own. Anything can happen at any time; An unfortunate truth of the world we now live in.  I hope that there is someone out there who is willing to aide me in this transaction I have set up. It is a time sensitive matter and is liable to expire.”

*Gabriel hushes someone in the background, a young voice can be heard mumbling.*

“If you are interested in helping me please respond on this frequency and we can find a more secure frequency or location to discuss the details further. I'm sure we will be able to come to an agreement, and make this worth both of our time.

*The static begins again as Gabriel releases the transmitter and rests his head against the wall behind him waiting for a response*

Zero    459

-A man wearing a military uniform would be looking at the stars above as his radio buzzes, a voice playing on the frequency he was tuned to. He would take the radio out of his vest pocket and push the transmit button, then he would begin speaking in Russian.- 

"Мне и друг примет это предложение. Я свяжусь с вами на частном частоты."

-Then repeat it in English- 

"Me and a friend will take this offer. I will contact you on a private frequency."

-He would hold the radio in one hand, waiting for a response. His rifle in the other, he would look over at the group of individuals he was assigned too, the fire would crackle under the moonlit forest, sending ash and smoke into the sky-

Defiance    96

-A man wearing a military uniform would be looking at the stars above as his radio buzzes, a voice playing on the frequency he was tuned to. He would take the radio out of his vest pocket and push the transmit button, then he would begin speaking in Russian.- 

"Мне и друг примет это предложение. Я свяжусь с вами на частном частоты."

-Then repeat it in English- 

"Me and a friend will take this offer. I will contact you on a private frequency."

-He would hold the radio in one hand, waiting for a response. His rifle in the other, he would look over at the group of individuals he was assigned too, the fire would crackle under the moonlit forest, sending ash and smoke into the sky-

Seymour rolls a cigar across his fingers, tightening the wrap around the loose tobacco. He sits near Gabriel, listening to the broadcast and anticipating a response.

The Russian, at first, startles him. He pinches down tight on the cigar, then sticks it between his lips. He asks Gabriel for the radio, and begins to transmit a response.

" We'll secure the frequency," his gruff, raspy voice states. " We will contact you soon with the number."

Zero    459

-The Russian from the previous night would look down into a valley, crouching, a cigarette in his mouth, he would flick it and watch it tumble and fall down the mountainside. He would hear his radio buzz and reach for it, holding down the transmit button, his voice would be scrambled, static filling some areas- 

"Chyort. I thought I had more time.." 

-He would begin climbing the rock face, then stop half way to transmit once more- 

"I am sorry my friends, it appears you will have to find a different man to translate for you.." 

-He would accidentally drop his radio, it would bang against several large rocks, before falling to the bottom and shattering..- 

"Yebeni Kutyin Sin!"

-He would sigh and start his climb back up the mountain-

Sign in to follow this