Server time: 2017-10-23, 00:38
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Lord Fusk

Clarification on new tent rules?

Lord Fusk    2

It said in KG's warning that he had placed an tent where otjers cant access or see.

My question is whats the legit range from a tree or a rock? Will you be able to see on tha admin map?

Guest Wookiebookie   
Guest Wookiebookie

It said in KG's warning that he had placed an tent where otjers cant access or see.

My question is whats the legit range from a tree or a rock? Will you be able to see on tha admin map?

What admins have told so far is to not place it in;

Buildings

Water

Rocks

(Beatiful colors right there)

But i aswell would like an actual clarification.

Guest Cadan   
Guest Cadan

Hmmm, that could mean mines still legit then...

Livs    0

The only tents we are removing are the tents that are underwater, and tents that are placed all the way inside buildings.

We wont be removing tents that has a part inside a building, as long as you can access it, but if it's the entire tent that is hidden in a rock/building/other object, we will remove it when we spot it.

I think people are making it a bigger deal than it actually is. Like I just said, it's only the ones that are completely hidden in an object.

Osaka    27

I have two tents inside a TEC building. they are at the main level and can be accessed easily as they are fully inside the building where people can also go inside. The tents were there originally to start another vehicle shop, but it got neglected and now primarily used as lootcycle tents.

Is having a tent well inside an accessible building still allowed?

Rolle    2970

Inside building meaning inside a wall. You can still deploy tents in buildings as long as they are not glitched through walls.

Osaka    27

Allright that clarifies it. :)

-KG-    0

The only tents we are removing are the tents that are underwater, and tents that are placed all the way inside buildings.

We wont be removing tents that has a part inside a building, as long as you can access it, but if it's the entire tent that is hidden in a rock/building/other object, we will remove it when we spot it.

Inside building meaning inside a wall. You can still deploy tents in buildings as long as they are not glitched through walls.

You do realize you are stating two completely opposites things right? which one is it? can we put them partially in a building or not?

Jukki    1

inside buildings, as inside the place where people can go.

Our tents got deleted :( Oh well. We were just going to give them away anyway. One for you, one for you, 4 for you CLF! You go CLF! And none for SGRU. Bai bai.

Livs    0

You do realize you are stating two completely opposites things right? which one is it? can we put them partially in a building or not?

We aren't stating different opinions. Sorry about the confusion.

Placing tents inside a building that you can enter is fine. But if you hide a tent inside a wall(For example a building that you can't enter), it is counted as an exploit.

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

What if it is inside a wall, maybe quarter visible, and accesible without any wierd angles, like i had once.

-KG-    0

What if it is inside a wall, maybe quarter visible, and accesible without any wierd angles, like i had once.

^

I honsetly dont see the problem with this since it is the only way of stashing your gear at the moment, if we get the little weapon crates from wasteland i can accept a no tolerance (a bit more at least). Then theres actually a way of hiding stuff in plain sight, a tent is so visible in the distance, trees not rendering properly makes it amazingly easy to spot a tent placed in the woods. Theres just no point of having tents if they cant be hidden more or less inside solid objects that doesnt render funny in the distance...there are many ways to expain this in an RP manner as said before, such as hidden compartments, holes etc :)

Guest Wookiebookie   
Guest Wookiebookie

I think people are making it a bigger deal than it actually is. Like I just said, it's only the ones that are completely hidden in an object.

^

I honsetly dont see the problem with this since it is the only way of stashing your gear at the moment, if we get the little weapon crates from wasteland i can accept a no tolerance (a bit more at least). Then theres actually a way of hiding stuff in plain sight, a tent is so visible in the distance, trees not rendering properly makes it amazingly easy to spot a tent placed in the woods. Theres just no point of having tents if they cant be hidden more or less inside solid objects that doesnt render funny in the distance...there are many ways to expain this in an RP manner as said before, such as hidden compartments, holes etc :)

I totally agree that you should be able to put tents whereever. BUT i have ONLY had tents places in trees/branches/bushes, and some of them have yet to be found.

Guest Marcus Williams   
Guest Marcus Williams

What if they were inside the walls of a building you could enter? duh duh duh!

Guest Everett   
Guest Everett

The rules pretty simple; place tents where you could place them IRL. Plain and simple if it don't look real, it's wrong.

-KG-    0

But if I would stash weapons IRL i sure wouldnt pitch a tent to put them in.

I would sleep in the bloody tent and stick the weapons in any little nuck and cranny i could find to make sure NO ONE else could find them...

Reacher    2

We can only operate within the limitations of the game, so the nook and cranny idea won't work. The only option available is tent storage. So, since tents being morphed through walls isn't very 'realistic', you'll just have to deal with it - staff decision has been made, not much else to say.

Caesar    438

In RL most of us would bury our stashes or do other impossible to find things.

We would wrap our stashes in tight dirt proof canvases and dig a small hole and cover it with camouflaging material.

To be honest a tent is for sleeping, no one would have five tent for stashing gear.