Server time: 2017-08-19, 15:10

Sign in to follow this  
Revilo

Plug.dj server to function as green mountain transmissions.

Revilo    7

Pretty much as the title says. we could have a plug.dj server to function as green mountain or any other radio tower. the DJ channel/server (whatever its called) would only be used for IC purposes. You could play music from GM  or post a video and play it on there asking if anyone has seen their long lost sibling etc,

It's more realistic than using radio chatter because radios dont archive all posts made so you can view them whenever you want (at 

least not to my knowledge) 

so i just think this would be a cool thing to have.  might be a bit difficult to monitor due to the recent staff shortages but i think it might be doable.

any feedback?

Davos    5

Not a bad idea, but I think it would make more sense to just set up a TS channel for it and have them poke a staff member to get permissions to broadcast, and leave everyone else that enters the channel only able to listen. I think Plug.dj should remain out of character as a place to bs and listen to bead music.

Pussy    311

I think it would actually be pretty hard to monitor. You'd need somebody there weeding through the songs and videos and making sure that everything follows the lore, especially where music is concerned. If you have people playing new music, then that would conflict with the lore we have set in place.

Hamakaze    12

It's a no from me because I don't really see how it'd work in practice and I just feel it'd become another failed project. If people want to broadcast stuff that requires sound or music they could just do it like so many people have tried before and use mixlr and share the link around on the forums.

Othuyeg    20

The community staff has very limited power over what happens what happens in plugdj, also it requires too much resources to manage even to a slightly acceptable level.

Guest AsOiX   
Guest AsOiX

No, too hard to monitor.

The immersion would break instantly as soon as Yayo starts playing

It's all we know.

It's all we know.

giphy.gif

sgt khan    17

sounds like a good idea but like the others said it is hard to monitor unless the right is only given to staff members so they are the only ones that choose music

radio C Wasteland! Chernarus No 1 radio broadcast in all of Chernarus, music for all, news for all.

Jack Allen    18

sounds like a good idea but like the others said it is hard to monitor unless the right is only given to staff members so they are the only ones that choose music

I agree with this, I'd be up to it as long as staff members could choose the music. Don't think it would happen anywhere near now though.

Guest kipaja2   
Guest kipaja2

-1 in plug.dj you have the freedom to play new songs after the dayzRP apocalypse, this would limit the freedom of plug.dj. Also people might troll on there and make everyone listen to songs like "what what in the butt" which would affect RP.

Orr, we could wait until mods can be made, and make some sort of "Global Radio Transmission" station(s) scattered around where you can speak on a certain frequency and say those type of things.

Not only would plug.dj be hard to monitor, but time-consuming to create and upload a 20 second transmission.

Noperz from me.