Server time: 2017-08-21, 03:00

Sign in to follow this  

People are way too quiet in game

Question

Been searching around for fixes to this with no luck, so apologies if guide of fix was posted already and I missed it. But as the title suggests people when using voice in game always sound so quiet, even with the master volume, my own volume and other settings set pretty high. Any suggestions/solutions?

8 answers to this question

type OOC //you're too soft. or increase the volume of your voice to the max and set the rest to minimal. that's what I usually do

I heard that there is nothing we can do to improve it and it's just the game's crappy voip. My friends and I have had the same problem for a while.

The amount of tweaking you can do to this game is minimal. Unfortunately, VOIP has been buggy since 0.55. I can only hope it will be fixed in the next patch.

MadeInsane    11

I've noticed that certain places seem to make me quieter in game... I can't explain why though, as for a fix... cranking your mic volume and asking them to turn down the "effects" tab in their audio settings seems to be the only two things that will help.

Hi Chernov,

Unfortunatly turning up your Voip settings and all others down is all you can do in this situation until it is fixed in the next patches.

Please ask any more questions you may have or come to the helpdesk!

With this being said i shell solve this!

-Whip

/solved

The best thing you can do is to turn off effects, that'll reduce the noise from wind and ambient sounds.

The best thing you can do is to turn off effects, that'll reduce the noise from wind and ambient sounds.

This.

What I do is have VOIP at max and effects at a significantly lower level, then I adjust the sound of my master volume/speakers/headset accordingly. 

Basically every other setting is low aside from VOIP (including other programs and system sounds) but I use volume mixer and external settings to make up for it. If every other setting was as loud as my voip setting I'd be deaf.

Thank you all for the suggestions. I'll take them in and see what I can do.