Server time: 2017-08-23, 23:08

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mak

Everybody's common sense

Guest Mak   
Guest Mak

Now, the point of this thread is to appeal to everybody's common sense, as you've probably noticed today we've lost 8 really important members of the staff (o7) , and I know this has already been discussed in the past soo many times, but now it's a moment when this needs to be brought up again,  please, please, try to avoid setting up stupid reports, if you witness a rule break, before setting it up wait 24 hours and then decide, if it's really worth it, gather your evidences, see if the guy actually has done something wrong...

I am no staff (-snipdonated-), but I can realise  myself that having less staff, means more work for the remaning guys, they don't have the time  to deal with the amount of bullshit that comes through the forums daily, so please, if somebody gives you "meh" RP, which is not that great but not that awful either, just let it go for now... The staff team will now probably be super busy already.

I know that this should've probably been done even when we still had the admins, but probably now everybody will understand the necessity of doing this...

I am pretty tired right now, but this was something I was thinking about and that according to me had to be shared, feel free to prove me wrong if I am, and to point out eventual mistakes I've made here

Samaritan    258

Make that 7 important members of staff (6 Admins and 1 GM).

I see your point on this, report making should be held off for a couple of days to be honest as things get sorted out. However I believe that the staff that remain are more than capable of stepping up if needed.

The community as a whole needs to step up and help over the next few days.

Caesar    438

I must agree. Please everyone help out the remaining staff by not making their work any harder than it has to be.

Janana    28

I'd apply this warning to forum posts too. Post nothing but helpful tips and advice as it should be. Banter among community members is just annoying and more things for the staff to moderate.

Roach    1558

I agree so much with this. +1

To be fair, this is how it should've always been.

On the topic of common sense, users should take recent circumstances into account when RPing for the next few days. I'm not trying to preach doom or fear monger, but I think it's safe to say that unsavory characters could certainly take advantage of this change in administration so do yourself a favor and group up; don't make it easier for rule breakers.

More people should see this advice of yours. Even though the Staff team is somewhat 'there' again, people could really cool it.

I'm not talking about actual, immersion-breaking obvious breaking of the rules, but those little petty things like "I was a hostage and he stabbed me! NO CARE FOR HOSTAGEE" type of reports.

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

We appreciate the sentiment guys and gals, however, the Staff team is a strong as ever, and business can continue as usual. We have it under control and there should be minimal or no impact going forward. Just because there have been some changes in staff should not mean that we suppress a players right to report. We have some new members in new positions and learning new roles, but the best way to learn is to be BUSY :)   It is our pleasure to serve, and we do not plan on slowing down anytime !  Thanks for your consideration though !

Chow    45

Makarov the wise! :D

I must agree with TheSkyRider tho, even if staff members leave, these things should aplly, you should think through the report.

The Marshal    351

Agreed +1

NishiUrban    79

I'm all for people talking things out over TS, it can save a lot of time on the forums between POVs and giving the Staff more work on their plate.

But at the same time if you feel a rule has been broken, and should be reported. Putting it into the Staff's hands and letting them look it over for clarification and to establish a ruling / punishment they deem fit shouldn't be dismissed. The current Staff are there for a reason, and I'm sure they will be more than capable of handling the legitimate concerns.

I do understand the importance of people taking a step back from situations they've been involved in, and asking themselves if the report is for strong legitimate concerns of rule breaking. Or if their concerns are being inflamed by heat of the moment anger after the fact.

makarov's the wise, all that smoking have made you wise my bruddah.

+1

regarding common sense, for something so common. not many people have it

People have gotten so used to "if you feel a rule is broken, report it". I disagree with that statement as it's just an excuse to report petty situations that MAY get the guy/girl you disliked a few days off the server. People also need to understand that all IC stuff should stay IC and not mix with OOC emotions, I'm a complete arsehole in game and I most likely annoy people yet I'm never reported due to the people have an understanding of 'It all being in character'.