Server time: 2018-02-19, 06:19

King of the Castle - Lopatino (Melee only - OOC Event)
TODAY - 2018-02-20 00:00:00 (server time) - Starts in 17 hours, 40 minutes
Sign in to follow this  
DustyRP

Stop talking shit to dead bodies that you've just killed

I think talking to someone you just killed is fine..

Now taking all of their clothes off and dragging them to a bush might be crossing the line lol

Even when it comes to role play. especially in the auld days. i've never really been one for talking to corpses. i mean its fine to insult each other if ya both let each other know yer putting on a show. (if thats the debate ofc)

i mean imagine it... in a clan to clan escalation. both leaders know that there groups are butting heads. so ya put on a show, set up a story. you win some you lose some. and when you finally reach the end of your long war. it goes clan leader to clan leader or something....think i landed up a little off topic on this paragraph.

hehe... yeaa i've always been one for leaning on the hardest aspect of the game. trying to be as diplomatic and friendly as possible. i find it one of the most hardest and fun playstyles. especially when it comes to dayz.

If it's the heat of the moment, it's understandable. They could be unconscious or be still able to hear in that brief time before they slip into the abyss.

Now talking an immense amount of shit 30 seconds after they have clearly died... >.>

C'mon.

Eh, I see talking to dead bodies as all well and good as long as there's an RP reason to do so. Don't just yell 'Rekt' and blow off your fleet of air horns before running off to tell all your friends how you spanked some scrub in Cherno

Depends. If talking thrash means OOC then yes of course, but that's already in the rules. So if you recorded it you can just put up a report about it if it's bothering you.

However, IC interactions with someone you just killed isn't strange, like in the movies people often say a few things to those who died.

Hmmmm, I dont see how it's unnatural IC. I can see how it can be considerd strange for you but, thinking about it logically if you kill someone cause they left you no choice or because they were stupid there is a good chance to start a dialogue with the death mans body. The person would know that this is a monologue but would be trying to talk a moral in him or get over the adrenaline from taking ones life.

I can see how this would be realistic even.

(there are boundaries tough)

Personally, I have never shouted at a dead body. I can see why people do it, it's probably the best way to release adrenaline/aggression after a heavy firefight.

Hm...It depends on the character I play, but one of mine would be known to go off on rants about the person she killed.

It usually starts out something like this for that character

1-5 seconds after initial kill: "Burn in hell you fucking bastard!" "Have fun in the dirt!" "To hell with you!" followed by emotes of kicking and the likes.

Maybe a minute or so after the kill: Put some shots into the corpses, along with general shouting, usually along the lines of. "Anymore of you bastards watching!? Huh!? Anymore of your friends to send to hell!?"

Three to four minutes: Shouting of general obscenities, sometimes directed at the corpse.

Time changes if there are witnesses, as this leads to accusations and general hostile behaviors for the character for a few more minutes, before actually going into a sort of "Cool down" stage. If the corpse hasn't disappeared, I usually RP my character making a shallow grave.

I don't see a problem with this. I mean as long as there isn't anything said that would go OOC, like "get rekt m8" or any other type of saying such as that.

Not going lie, I've killed people and said things along the lines of that, probably because I wasn't thinking in the moment / it feels good to say it :P

For clarification, I believe I said "sit the fuck down nerd". Although usually I just say "twat" or "dickhead" depending on what character I'm on.

Sorry people

Have you ever been in a physical fight where its just you vs another and you have everyone watching, you get an adrenaline rush that causes you to do and say shit you would never say in a clear state of mind. When you are chasing or fighting with someone in dayzrp that same adrenaline is moving through you and once you kill them it is proving you won, it comes down to peoples need to feel alpha even if it is a video game.

[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/Mll4tDIO6oY

As you can see in this video after one of them just gets absolutely fucking slammed the other continues to fight and then says something that is ultimately pointless because the guy in reality cant even hear him. When you are going toe to toe with someone be it real life or a video game you develop a intense feeling towards that person that go beyond all reasons. I think if someone takes the time to actually really talk shit in a passionatee way I think that is good rp rather than just shooting someone and not saying a single thing.

Fuck that shit was brutal. Nice connections on them last hits haha. damn

I think this discussion pretty much depends on the type of situation whether or not it's ennoying to trash talk a dead body. It also depends on the players character and what there personality is like or is like due to the timeline.

I can see how it can get ennoying though, at least for the others around. It's not so much the trash talking that bothers me more then the crowding around a body nitpicking gear off of it though.

It's kinda an unconscious thing for my character.

Once someone tried to initiate me. Aiming their 1911 in my face.

They said "Hands up RIGHT NOW"

I said "Ok, Ok please don't shoot I'm doing it"

*Bang *bang

I shot them before I finished my response.

Then I called their corpse a cheeky fuck. It feels right. I could've said "He was a cheeky fuck" or "That guy was a cheeky fuck." But saying it to his corpse seemed for satisfying.