Server time: 2017-10-23, 18:36
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
BiscuitReloaded

Cooking Pot + Frying Pan

Question

Just to make sure before I get in trouble for doing this, but in my travels, I've picked up some cookware.  A cooking pot and a frying pan, to be exact.  Both are 2x2 items in the inventory select screen, but I was curious if it is a big no-no to put the frying pan INSIDE of the cooking pot or not.  Reason I ask is it logically makes sense (if the pan would fit, of course) to be stacked inside of a cooking pot for better item management/storage inside of a backpack.  I do this in my kitchen cabinets all the time with pots and pans to maximize the use of restricted space.

If not, I understand, as I have seen/heard plenty on here of others abusing the ability to stack these items together.  I was treating it like camping cookwear where they can all be combined into a solid, sturdy package.  Just a single frying pan inside of a single cooking pot, nothing ridiculous like the dozen cooking pots inside of one another or anything like that.

Thanks for the help in advance, I want to keep things fair and believable, just trying to be a smart cookie and survive <:

19 answers to this question

MadeInsane    11

I really don't see a problem with it, most pots and pans come in a set wherein they fit perfectly inside or on top of each other anyway.

See, this is what I was thinking as well, I just wanted to make sure it was all kosher before I actually did it and got in mucho trouble for it c:

JDoberman    52

The only issue when it comes to this is when you use items to gain more and more slots.

Basically you keep on adding items that can hold items inside, and then you abuse it to get more and more item slots.

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

Be careful here.  If it creates additional slots , then it is considered Abuse of Game Mechanics and you can get in trouble for that. 

Does this answer your question ?  Can this question be marked as solved ?

Just don't keep stacking and stacking and stacking. I made this mistake once, and it ended up me getting banned for three days due to Abuse of Game mechanics. So be careful what you do with it. Alot of people might take it the wrong way if you even stack anything in a cooking pot, minus food.

For instance what is not allowed, just have a look at some of the ABOGM solved reports and you can learn off of them.

Voodoo    492

I wouldnt see much of a problem, as said above most come in a set and stack well together. The only issue would be putting items inside another item to makeb more space such as a cooking pot containing items inside another cooking pot.

Im not sure if this is right but last i heard the frying pan wasnt working properly, if that is true might not be worth even carrying it ;)

Skeetsi    0

This is what I've been wondering for a while and haven't seen any official statements about it, as they still are 1x2 what they're not supposed to be.

Is there a hardcap of how many pots/pans one can carry until it's considered abuse of game mechanics. I like to carry them around. Have food in one and cook meat with another. When does one get in trouble?

Brad    158

How many spots does a cooking pot take up?  4 spots if I'm not mistaken.  Realistically in my mind of you fill up the four cooking pot spots with items you really only gain one spot (which is the cooking pot itself).  Not a huge advantage and very similar to the ammo box.

As said before if you use them to make more spots that's when it is abuse.

My advice, put cans of food in your cooking pot for storage.

That just makes total sense to me.

Chris    63

Personally I think they should limit any stacking to one layer. As in, if you want to stack 2 pots in another, then you wont have room to stack any items in them. Or, you can use it to store 4 items. That way seems to be the most balanced option to me.

Thanks for all the input guys. My apologies if I wasn't clear with my OP.

I understand about the abuse of game mechanics bit, but both the Cooking Pot and the Frying Pan are 2x2 items.

I just want to put one inside of the other and no more. Kinda like a camping cookware set to be more compact in my backpack.

If that action is not allowed, I won't do it, but nothing else is going inside of the cooking pot and/or frying pan. Just the cookware and nothing else.

Chow    45

As the cooking pot have 2x2 slots inside it, and takes 2x2 slots, i would see no problem in stacking them.

But i do know if you put the cooking pot onto a gas stove, it only takes 1x2. And that is Abuse

As the cooking pot have 2x2 slots inside it, and takes 2x2 slots, i would see no problem in stacking them.

But i do know if you put the cooking pot onto a gas stove, it only takes 1x2. And that is Abuse

This.

Yeah, this is what I was wondering about and what the official ruling was. If it is okay or not is all I need to know so I'm not abusing the game mechanics c:

Chow    45

Only a staff member can vouch, if its legal or not, i mean.

Hi,

As Brad stated this would be abuse of in game mechanics and would lead to you getting into trouble if found doing this.

Does this answer your question?

Right, I understand what Brad is saying and I 100% agree, however that is not what I am asking about.

My concern involves 2 items and only 2 items, the Cooking Pot and the Frying Pan. Am I allowed to put the Frying Pan inside of the Cooking Pot? Stack my cookware together since the Cooking Pot is 2x2 and the Frying Pan is 2x2, ergo, will fit inside of one another. Since the Frying Pan doesn't have a lid and unless you want to get to size technicalities, I am asking if I can place it inside of the Cooking Pot with nothing else. Rather than take up 2x8 slots in my inventory, stack them to take up 2x2 like you logically would to store them in a cabinet.

I'm not using this to exploit a game mechanic or create additional storage, just to manage what storage I do have. Hopefully that clears up what I am asking.

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

I feel like it is something that can be done within reason. The explanation given is , so long as you do not use to exploit and gain additional slots in your inventory otherwise there is no problem with doing that.

Rory    1596

One more reason why I usually only eat cans of food haha ;)

I feel like it is something that can be done within reason. The explanation given is , so long as you do not use to exploit and gain additional slots in your inventory otherwise there is no problem with doing that.

Alrighty, that is reasonable enough. By that logic, it sounds plausible, ergo, allowed if I am interpreting correctly. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Thank you guys for all your input/help on the matter. ^^

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

No worries.  Glad we could help !  

Marking as Solved !