Server time: 2017-08-21, 04:38

Sign in to follow this  
JohnDenver

What's with this?

JohnDenver    0

Hey guys, I waited 4 days for my app to go through, and I was accepted to play today. I login, everything is going well for about 15 minutes, but then I am kicked. The reason being (No famous names). I registered John VON Denver as my RP name and my app got accepted. I feel a bit cheated, I added a middle part so this would not happen, and my application went through smooth with no complaint of my name.

Well, firstly, you are using a famous name.

We have a rule regarding this here: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Ingame-names

"You are not allowed the names of any famous/ infamous real life people or characters."

Sorry to say, but adding "VON" does not differentiate between your RP name and a famous name.

JohnDenver    0

Well, firstly, you are using a famous name.

We have a rule regarding this here: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Ingame-names

"You are not allowed the names of any famous/ infamous real life people or characters."

Then why, when I registered my application with that name, nothing was brought up? Did the admin just not take the time to read my application?

The name you provided in the application is irrelevant, as you can change your RP name at any given time.

Jm Von Cat    154

[align=left]As a further addition to Shark.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Von_%28disambiguation%29

Von is a German preposition which approximately means of or from.

Von can mean the following:

People:

• Eerie Von (born 1964), original bassist for the metal band Danzig
  • Ronnie Von (born 1944), Brazilian singer and television host
  • Von Freeman (1923–2012), American jazz saxophonist
  • Von Hayes (born 1958), former Major League Baseball player
  • Von Miller (born 1989), National Football League player
  • Von Wafer (born 1985), National Basketball Association player
  • Von Von Von, a character created by the humorist Hugh Gallagher

In music:

VON may refer to:

JohnDenver    0

The name you provided in the application is irrelevant, as you can change your RP name at any given time.

VON is also icelandic for "hope" which is how I am using it. This was also put in my application. I put it there to make my charatcer unique so it wasn't a "famous" name.

Von is indeed an Icelandic word, I'm well aware. However, adding a middle name to a famous name does not mean it is no longer a famous name for our RP servers. Our rules are clear on this. You can't go in game with a name of Ronald Von Reagan and expect it to be a valid RP name.

In addition, Von is a female Icelandic name.

Long story short, you'll need to change either your first or last name. Your choice.

Guest Yuri Ubiytsa   
Guest Yuri Ubiytsa

There can only be one true Johnny Denver

I'm sorry

JohnDenver    0

Von is indeed an Icelandic word, I'm well aware. However, adding a middle name to a famous name does not mean it is no longer a famous name for our RP servers. Our rules are clear on this. You can't go in game with a name of Ronald Von Reagan and expect it to be a valid RP name.

In addition, Von is a female Icelandic name.

As hope is an english female name. It's not a big deal and thank you for clarifying. I changed my RP name.

You know, you could be Ron Von Denver?

Guest Yuri Ubiytsa   
Guest Yuri Ubiytsa

You could be Jm Von Cat

Oh wait is that a famous name?

Nahhhhhh

Brad    155

How about Jack Denver?

Pussy    311

Your application and backstory you use there is really only a test to see your role play prowess. You are free to use whichever name and backstory you would like in the white list since it really is just a way for the admins to see your creativity. Once you're in game, however, there is a standard to keep in mind where lore is concerned, one of which being that no names of famous people are allowed. This is just to keep immersion strong c:

bigwiz14    23

There was an Albert Fish running around for months. There's a JOHNNY Denver. Easy solution is to remove the h. Jon Denver. Or better yet, make some silly Russian name nobody can read or pronounce. That gets me going. I went as Sean Dean for a while. Close enough to a famous name to spare 30 minutes kicking me while I tried joining. IRL I'm named after my great uncle and great great great grandfather. Can I use my real name please or nah?

Caesar    438

We do not deny apps based off names. You only get three attempts and its not an aspect we base our acceptance off.