Server time: 2018-08-20, 22:33

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Roach

100 Slots Servers - Thoughts?

i do not think this would be good as the loot would be gone very very fast.

But for RP it would be awesome.

Well by then (I think) we'll have persistence that'll pretty much make loot hard to find anyways.

Oh god, imagine a 100 player server with persistence?  Rip loot, back to apple picking RP.

Then again, with persistence on a 100 player server it might encourage players to actually move around the map more instead of tending to stay in one area for loot. Though 100 pushes it a little, maybe 75 is better.

Personally,  I'd want to just keep it at 50 slots and leave it at that.

same

I can't wait for 100 slots servers :) 50 is way to small. With current state you can run for 1-2h without meeting anyone if you are not going to the hot spots. With CLE ppl will be forced to travel across the whole map or make camps around good fishing/hunting spots.

I would love to see 100 slot servers it would lead to drama and fun rps for all.

Guest AsOiX

But you see when bases come in and persistance is fixed, people will be forced to move where others aren't, and often stuggle to survive. Right now its just roleplay with some pvp.

Game will be much more interesting with 100 people on the map.

What we have right now is not nearly the apocalypse lol.

No thanks, I prefer 50 slots, because it can bring awesome moments when you see a person "omg omg omg is that another human", And on 50 server people are pretty common anyways, imagine on 100 slot server, people would be everywhere...

I hope really for a 100 slots server, because I think a 50 slot is to low for DayZRP. And sometimes you really need to look good for people on a 50 slot server. I dont think that if you have a 100 slot server you dont see people all the time.

I prefer to see 70-80 slot servers than a 100 slot server. The lag/desync is already real when 20 people are at the same spot. I hope the devs fix the server performance before they increase the server slots.

I do hope for more slots because 50 is not enoughin my opinion.

I agree that 50 slots may not be enough for a huge community like DayZRP but... 100 slots? I don't know. I think it'd be best to start with 70-80 slots first to see how it'll work and if nothing will be against this idea then we can try with 100 slots after that. At least, that's my idea. I don't know how staff will deal with it but I can guess that sooner or later number of slots will be increased.

I seriously doubt the servers will handle the load. I would like to see increased server performance with the current setup before thinking about increasing the cap.

I like the idea of 75-100 persons per server, for many reasons already stated. Even though the RP is played as if there is only one world, this will make all interactions a lot more possible. As long as the servers can handle it and it's playable for everyone. If not...wait until it is.

I would rather have an 70/80 slot server because having 100 people running around at once will be chaos, but I think if this did happen people would spread about the map more.

Personally I would prefer a 70-80 slot server but overall I wouldn't mind an 100 slot server.

I think 70 would be ok, but 100 is pushing it. Only think I hate is that you have to spam in to get into the servers, which can be tiresome. They should really make a Que system for getting into a server. So, when a open slot comes available the next person in line gets that slot. And so on, and so forth. I think that would be fair. That is the only problem I see with 50 slots though, is the amount of spamming to get into said server.

I'm just wondering How much lag will there be. Other then that if it doesn't effect the server that much it sounds great.

I'd personally pump it up to 75 on the current map size. If they were to release however, the full Chenarus. We would need at the very least 150 - 200 player servers.

I'd personally pump it up to 75 on the current map size. If they were to release however, the full Chenarus. We would need at the very least 150 - 200 player servers.

Full Chernarus and only having 150-200? Please, maybe 350-450, possibly 500. Chernarus is a big country!

I personally can't wait for it 100/100 servers are great, especially for us south in Australia/SEA. we can get into the game without too much difficulty, and since I get quite a bit of lag from time to time leaving so far away it would be a lot better for me to get into servers before it fills up, 10secs after restart.

I can see it now, 20-30 people all gathered in one location for a party. events will have better outcomes, parties will feel like parties. war will feel like war, firefights would be amazing, traveling would be incredible. imagine just spread out, never really having to worry about not running into people for good rp. sure the reports will go up; the Badrp will increase but sooner or later, it will subside. 100 men in a server at once, spread across the country that's what I call realistic

80-85 is maybe the safe zone ..soooo much lag when people are in one location

Firstly, I believe that the DayZ developers will make sure that Desync and connectivity issues with 75-100 pop servers will not be unplayable. After the new renderer and engine; when the game can handle more, they'd go along picking away at adding the higher pop servers.

Now for my opinion..

I understand that during some sort of world-wide extinction-level epidemic like the one plaguing Chernarus, the living population would be at an all time low. and it is.

This is a piece from the DayZ Wiki:

Capital Novigrad

Official Language Russian

Area About 5450 km²

Population Pre-Outbreak:

3,000,000 Chernarussians

800,000 Russians

Post-Outbreak:

Below 1,000 (if not even less)

So there are no more than 1000 survivors in ALL of Chernarus. The part we play in is only the NE corner of it. So 100 pop servers? Would still be VERY realistic and believable imo. In a real apocalypse, people would try to seclude themselves from others for safety. So in the map we have, it would be very easy for 100 people to hide and never be found. Since this is a video game and not real life, people aren't going to waste hours at a time doing that. But you should be able to guess that a lot of players are going to be doing their own 'thing'. Whether that be stay in the small untraveled towns, live in the wilderness, stay in ___ region of the coast, stay in ___ region of the inland.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, right now players are going to populated areas to find other players, and THOSE players are doing the same thing to find players. Once we have 75-100 pop servers, people WILL spread out on the map; even go to points you may have never visited, but only because they know they will still meet someone, whereas with 50 or below servers you'd have no chance finding people if you stay in certain regions. And for the "you aren't supposed to find anyone", that would be true if this were a real apocalypse.. but it's a video game.

Finding people is the fun of it.

I would like to think I run on a pretty good PC, and I'm still getting random lag spikes every now and again where my FPS drops to 1 for a couple seconds. I can't imagine the technical issues that would arise from having even more people near each other or in close proximity to one another then there already is.

In theory, I would love to see 100 pop servers. The argument that you wouldn't see like, 50 people walking down a road is valid in it's own right. Of course if there's 50 people that close together I can almost assure you they would be at each other's throats in some bloody mess.

Guest AsOiX

Firstly, I believe that the DayZ developers will make sure that Desync and connectivity issues with 75-100 pop servers will not be unplayable. After the new renderer and engine; when the game can handle more, they'd go along picking away at adding the higher pop servers.

Now for my opinion..

I understand that during some sort of world-wide extinction-level epidemic like the one plaguing Chernarus, the living population would be at an all time low. and it is.

This is a piece from the DayZ Wiki:

Capital Novigrad

Official Language Russian

Area About 5450 km²

Population Pre-Outbreak:

3,000,000 Chernarussians

800,000 Russians

Post-Outbreak:

Below 1,000 (if not even less)

So there are no more than 1000 survivors in ALL of Chernarus. The part we play in is only the NE corner of it. So 100 pop servers? Would still be VERY realistic and believable imo. In a real apocalypse, people would try to seclude themselves from others for safety. So in the map we have, it would be very easy for 100 people to hide and never be found. Since this is a video game and not real life, people aren't going to waste hours at a time doing that. But you should be able to guess that a lot of players are going to be doing their own 'thing'. Whether that be stay in the small untraveled towns, live in the wilderness, stay in ___ region of the coast, stay in ___ region of the inland.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, right now players are going to populated areas to find other players, and THOSE players are doing the same thing to find players. Once we have 75-100 pop servers, people WILL spread out on the map; even go to points you may have never visited, but only because they know they will still meet someone, whereas with 50 or below servers you'd have no chance finding people if you stay in certain regions. And for the "you aren't supposed to find anyone", that would be true if this were a real apocalypse.. but it's a video game.

Finding people is the fun of it.

Took the words out of my mouth. I don't understand why everyone's assuming they would release 100 man players with what we have now. They of course would optimize the game a fuckton more.

100 man players right now, would never work, and that's quite obvious. When true persistence comes into play, that will force people to spread.

I think having a lot of people can be a good thing as it does bring trading for survival more attention and more player interaction. Though the desync for the servers may be bad but the team are working on desync, and if they max the server cap they know they will have to fix it

I love the idea of bigger servers, 75 or 100 person servers sound great. Sometimes I run around wanting to RP and never find a soul, and it's not like i'm on empty servers, 40+ near always, most of the time it's 50/50. 100 could possibly be a bit much, especially with servers as unstable as they are now, but I think (assuming server stability is a thing in the future) 75 would be glorious.

Guest Max Longbottom

Im with you! That is way too many people! 50 people leaves 5-10 people in every major city anyway!

Lovely idea. Realistic anytime soon? Probably not.

I think the server and the community on the servers attitude and behaviors would change drastically. Over and over have the issue over never being able to get your whole group into one server because everyone else had the same idea. If you aren't forced to get on a low pop server (S2 for me), you find yourself spamming to get into a server along with at least 15 other people at the same time. I'm thinking if the slot limit was raised to 100, it would all more than two full groups and a few lone wolves to squeeze into once server. RP often gets stale when you only really have two groups on a single server.

Nonetheless, the servers are bad enough as they are. If more than 20 people are in a single place, the server either lags massively or crashes. What happens when the server needs to track 50 more people on the server while registering the 20 who are already causing all the shenanigans in Dolina? Crash crash crash. All thy crash. If it's supported, yes. Go for it. DayZ is will in alpha so we can't get around the struggles we face every day but it's something to consider before making the change.

#PersistanceHype