Server time: 2017-08-16, 21:29

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kenji

-Alt Weekend- monthly event

Guest Kenji   
Guest Kenji

BBBoaz8.png

-What is Alt Week?-

Alt weekend is a event will be held over the weekend (date unknown as of yet )

Every month there will be a short back story of a group of survivors right here on the page.

The participants will have to create a brand new character that fits in the backstory of that month.

So every month there will be a new back story and new characters to play.

That way we can all play as if we know each other and always have at least in group RP. 

-Why play with a alt character for a week? -

noticed that allot of people have a hard time creating a new character after they perma a character they played for a long time, in some cases they end up bringing back a dead character.

By playing a new character on a regular bases you will not get locked in a single character it will force the actor to become flexible and explore more nuance in different characters and in the end improving the overall RP for you and the people around you.

And this way you don't have to run around alone in chernarus when your character doesn't know anyone.

You will be in a group of all fresh characters and you can get OOC feed back on the character in the end helping each others RP to greatly improve and making it less of a hassle when you perma your main. 

-how to join the event?-

Its very simple you simply pick a role that we have posted on the event page for that particular month and write a bio that fits with the traits assigned to the role.

Once you have written the bio send me a PM and it will be added to the page 

the reason i decided to have roles and traits to fill is to ensure a unique RP experience and to expand on your acting skills.

-The story-

The sanctuary 

This fist event will follow a group of survivors that spent their time in blissful ignorance with the walls of their closed off and isolated society. It was a semi self sufficient fenced off community that survived with next to no outside help. Farming , hunting and building almost every they needed with a exception of the ocationall shipment of medical supplies they had no contact with the outside world.

When after a farming accident they where starting to run out of supplies they decided to use their only land line to order a new supply of medical supplies.

But they got only Dead air. So they send out a small group of 3 out to go to the nearest town 10 kilometers away.

Not knowing about the devastation that had fallen on the Country.

After waiting for over a Week one of the 3 men came back with the horrifying news claiming the others where attacked by crazy people and got sick shortly after and joined the attacking hoard.

Not knowing what to do the towns people decided to stay put in the safety of their community.

But that decision was short lived however the infected that took the 2 towns people never stopped chasing him, and 2 days later came on their sanctuary with overwhelming numbers almost all of the towns people died that night and the surviving few that did make it out linked up and decided to venture out into the populated world.

Naive,unarmed,and no combat or survival experience to speak off they marched into the maelstrom  of Chaos that is Chernaruss.

-Character bio`s-

Djhato/Robb Brindle

-The Doctor-

medical experience can heal grave injuries

pacifist in nature.

hates guns 

cowardly in tight situations

name:Robb Brindle

Sex:male

Before he joined The Sanctuary project in Chernarus he was a doctor in a large hospital in Rotterdam.

he had a high paycheck and a large house but he wasn't happy with his life working in a big city like that he never got the time to get to know his patients as well as he wanted to.

looking for a new position in a more quiet place he came across a add for a project called "the sanctuary".

it was a experiment on how impended a closed community could get .

and they where looking for a experienced doctor to run the local clinic there.

the location was the country of Chernarus.

thinking it a good opportunity to get his dream job in a quiet town and just slow down for a bit he jumped at the opportunity.

after consulting with his family he and his wife and daughter moved out.

they had little concern for the dangers of they country. the war was over.

after months of living there enjoying life in Sanctuary everything came crashing down around him first the scout returning with horrible news of a epidemic and the subsequent collapse of the region they decided the best course was to quarantine them selves and wait it out 

but the next day the horde of infected came barreling down on the quiet community in that attack he lost his daughter and his wife was missing 

Geolash/Aerial Brindle

-The Teacher-

charismatic 

over thinker 

patient with people 

protective 

Name: Aerial Brindle

Sex: Female

Aerial was born in the in the States, she pursued the field of Education; becoming a high school English teacher. One day as she was stopping a local coffee shop close to the cities Hospital, she met a man; tall in stature and had a slight aura around him that had her drawn to him a bit. She couldn't help but gaze at him and in that gaze rolled herself into a creepy stage that had her stuck looking at him; until he had turned and smiled at her; at first she didn't catch his eyes on him as her own eyes were slowly lowering down his body, but as she looked back up he was standing right in front of her with a cup of coffee in his hand and spoke. Once he spoke, she was hooked for life and as years past, he came to visit her from the Netherlands until he  asked her to come with him and at that time popped the question as well. Of course she accepted and went along with him, following her heart and passion as she began to teach English there loving her students and the life she has come into. When Robb decided to move their family to the sanctuary Aerial had no problem with it and there she taught not only the little ones English, but even the adults that wanted to know another language.  Though as terror struck, she slightly went mad in seeing her daughter die in front of her eyes; she runs off into the forest screaming, finding herself lost within the massive amount of trees.

Kalishnikova/Jason Riggs

-The Hunter-

solitary 

knows how to use a rifle

has all the skills of a hunter

quickest to adapt 

name:Jason Riggs

Sex:male

Before joining The Sanctuary Project, Jason was a hunting guide by trade. Lived in East Texas, made a living taking city folk out into the woods and letting them shoot a deer or a boar. He lived comfortably, by his means anyway.

He was asked to join in on this "Project" by one of his clients, that his skills might be useful. Seeing all the zeros on the check, he didn't think much past that, and he pretty much had made up his mind from the start. With the money he could perhaps be on the way to expanding his business to get his pilots license and do that 'air hunting' gig that had been becoming popular.

He kept to himself, Not being much for contact. That's not to say he wasn't listening, he was very observant...

When the scout returned, he was quick to fall into a guarded state of mind, becoming restless with the sudden quarantine. When the attack came the next day, he did his best to separate himself from the crazy people and followed the Sheriff outside the walls, where he escaped with the rest of the group.

willscott98/MrJabbaCake

-The Farmers-

(2 slots)

can start and maintain farms 

straight forward thinkers

stubborn 

hard workers 

The Chief

-The Sheriff-

proficient with handguns and shotguns

Good judge of character

Friendly

Leader 

Lt._Grimstein

-The Mechanic- 

problem solver

has the mechanic skill set 

carries a great deal of tools 

likes small talk 

Hassan / Ross Dion

-The Outsider-

experienced survivor that encountered the group soon after their escape 

The wild card (can either make or break the group)

not scared of killing 

knowledge of current events 

Name: Ross Dion

Sex: Male

Not much is known about Ross being that he's an outsider to the sanctuary.

He's been through a lot, been surviving in Chernarus since the outbreak started but originally from Canada. 

Does what it takes to survive and doesn't let people stand in his way, unpredictable but if he likes you he'll do anything for you, hot-tempered and angry most the time it's best to be careful what you say around him.

Knows a lot about recent events and things since the outbreak and knows how to get around and navigate.

-The surviving scout -

(he is the sole survivor of the trip to get medical supplies)

Traumatized 

Paranoid

Makes rash decisions 

Feels guilty for bringing the hoard of infected.

-MD6199-

-The deputy-

proficient with hand guns and shotguns

looks up to the sheriff 

quick to jump to conclusions

protective

more roles coming soon if needed

for questions ill be in the Vigil Ts in the alt week room

remember most of these characters will not know how to use a gun 

-special thanks to-

Dom , the spartan

they gave especially useful feed back to help this be more inclusive 

Guest Geolash   
Guest Geolash

I like it, I'm all in for this as you already know. *Beings to write Bio*

Unknown Entity    126

So, basically a group ? I don't really see why this is in events, it's just people using alt characters, playing as a group.

Guest Kenji   
Guest Kenji

So, basically a group ? I don't really see why this is in events, it's just people using alt characters, playing as a group.

because it will only for a week and after that week i will play my main for the rest of the month.

and when the next first Saturday of the month comes along a new story will be up. and within that little story a new style of play.

its a thing i wanted to within my group but i thought the whole community could benefit from this idea

Guest Geolash   
Guest Geolash

It's to have people learn how to ease off their Main character have a different side on things. Play something new really, an event for everyone or anyone to join in...it's not like it's an everyday thing you know? Just one week of the month basically something to bring the community together in. As well away for people that haven't met other community members to actually meet IG.

Hassan    378

Really like the idea actually, kinda like a break for people from playing there main characters for a week while also trying out playing with other people.

Sounds cool.

Guest Geolash   
Guest Geolash

We would love any and All feedback <3

Might be worth a shot for people that find it hard to change character.

Chow    45

Great idea, brings new people to RP, both for you, and for the rest of this community!

I like the idea!

Guest Kenji   
Guest Kenji

my character has been posted PM me with your character if you want to join in

Guest Kenji   
Guest Kenji

Update made to how to join the Event please read

Guest Geolash   
Guest Geolash

Any suggestion on Roles? Keep in mind of the setting.

Ocean    6

I had an idea like this as well. Although it wasn't as inclusive. Sounds great though, hope it works out.

Guest Kenji   
Guest Kenji

I had an idea like this as well. Although it wasn't as inclusive. Sounds great though, hope it works out.

me to :D put allot of time in this almost as much as my own group idea

Chief    596

Looks like one role fits me pretty well *cough* love you djhato I'd love to join in on the mayhem

Tewudin    44

Idea istelf is really great, though it isn't something for me. Why? I simply have a "list" with types of characters that I don't like to play or I'm not able to play not because I never tried but because I can't fit into such character. Like I said, I like this idea but I doubt I'll ever take part in something like this. Not that I wouldn't want to but... you know.

Ramon    328

Fun idea! I'm definitely going to think if I would join this great idea.

Guest Kenji   
Guest Kenji

Idea istelf is really great, though it isn't something for me. Why? I simply have a "list" with types of characters that I don't like to play or I'm not able to play not because I never tried but because I can't fit into such character. Like I said, I like this idea but I doubt I'll ever take part in something like this. Not that I wouldn't want to but... you know.

the point is to step outside your comfort zone in order to expand your over all acting capabilities

at first it will seem awkward but if you keep at it you will end up with a greatly enriched RP experience

Tewudin    44

the point is to step outside your comfort zone in order to expand your over all acting capabilities

at first it will seem awkward but if you keep at it you will end up with a greatly enriched RP experience

Maybe but like I said, there are types of character that I really don't like to play and probably I won't play. It isn't the matter of "comfort zone", it's a matter whether playing a character is fun or not. If it isn't then there is no point in playing it anymore.

The Marshal    351

I rather like this... I will write a bio

Guest Kenji   
Guest Kenji

only the surviving scout and 3 farmers remain to be filled