Server time: 2017-10-19, 05:34
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Zilly

Headphones misbehaving

Zilly    75

Hi!

Im pretty sure this is the right thread for this.

So recently today, my Afterglow wired headset has been acting strangely.

When i turn my head or fiddle with the right 'ear' cord of the set, up where it connects to said ear, the sound cuts in and out and usually just stays out. 

I was wondering if anyone has any idea of how i can fix this? I noticed when examining the ear, as it can be removed from the head-band, that there are screws on the pastic part that houses all the bits and pieces.  Is it possible for me to fix this problem on my own?

If so, I would really appreciate the help!

Oliv    1880

Sounds like it might be an issue in the wire. If you could confirm where this problem is, you could try and eliminate it and possibly resolder the connection.

Zilly    75

Sounds like it might be an issue in the wire. If you could confirm where this problem is, you could try and eliminate it and possibly resolder the connection.

Yeah, as I said its up at the base, where that rubber bit is, as the wire connects to the cup. I wriggled both that connection and the other one at the same time and found the the right-cup is looser than the left. So im thinking that its likely just a lose wire.

Oliv    1880

Pop it open and see. No harm in checking it out, but I'm adventurous like that lol

Zilly    75

Well my dad and i attempted to open it up, but it seems that the company who made the damn things tightened the screws to such an extent that they stripped them. So RIP that idea. But after messing around and bending the wire a bunch we were able to temporarily gain sound back. Hopefully it stays. But he said that a wire might be broken. Might need to just buy a new headset.

Afterglow products are usually super wierd, had a headset once and ill never buy from them again.