Server time: 2017-10-24, 09:14
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Guest RayymondLmao

Out-of-the-way Structures: Private or Public?

Question

Guest RayymondLmao   
Guest RayymondLmao

The character type that I have gotten comfortable playing as only ventures into towns when necessary, staying far enough into rarely-traveled forests to be unnoticeable, but close enough to loot spawns to be able to acquire supplies when living off the land is insufficient. This situation brings a question, as i just finished reading the solved question of using land mines. Since they are only acceptable to use when guarding loot stashes in the woods, is it acceptable if I place a bear trap or land mine at a remote structure that still spawns loot? I would treat this structure as the property of my character and generally operate in the immediate area.

Examples: Coordinates "001, 028," "083, 078," "109, 019," and "085, 003."

11 answers to this question

Hey RayymondLmao!

Since they are still structures, you shouldn't place bear traps or landmines around these areas. People in passing will still likely check these areas with out imagining these places would contain another player's stash. You should still only use these items for deep-wood loot stashes. 

Does this help answer your question?

-Fish Socks

Guest RayymondLmao   
Guest RayymondLmao

Yes, it does. Thanks for the help! 

I'm glad that this got cleared up so I can avoid accidents and keep everyone's roleplays enjoyable.

Guest RayymondLmao   
Guest RayymondLmao

-User was warned for this post-

I haven't even been whitelisted yet, so there's no possible way for me to have placed a bear trap in the first place. I'd appreciate it if you didn't jump to conclusions and use strong insults. It doesn't make a good first impression.

Samaritan    352

Hi TLake, you never know who it could have been, also you do realise he has only just registered with the community so I very much doubt if it would have been him. I'm hoping that this was a joke (albeit ill advised).

@RayymondLmao apologies if you found this inappropriate.

In regards to booby-traps just make sure that you don't put them in well walked routes or entrances to buildings. It would conflict with our rules regarding interacting with other players before any hostile action can take place. I'd keep them to protecting your woodland stashes as stated by Fish Socks.

TLake    23

ok well don't do it I guess I still have to figure out what jerk set one up in stary yar

Guest AsOiX   
Guest AsOiX

I haven't even been whitelisted yet, so there's no possible way for me to have placed a bear trap in the first place. I'd appreciate it if you didn't jump to conclusions and use strong insults. It doesn't make a good first impression.

Use em around tents when .58 comes, that's acceptable. As long as your tent is somewhat out of the way of towns.

Valkyryon    0

Is there an official (GM/Admin) stance about this once we would be able to post signs? Something like notes on sticks warning of trespassing?

Shark    0

Is there an official (GM/Admin) stance about this once we would be able to post signs? Something like notes on sticks warning of trespassing?

If/When something like that becomes available, I'm sure it will be discussed.

Valkyryon    0

If/When something like that becomes available, I'm sure it will be discussed.

Good to hear. Thanks for the quick response! :)