Server time: 2017-10-21, 01:20
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Malkov77

It just can't be...

Malkov77    0

As you walk the spans between Electro and Cherno, you see a peculiar site. a camcorder sits in the road. as you approach you see sitting next to it, is batteries and a small folded note. 

picking it up and hurrying off the road, you find a safe place to see what you've found. The note, which appears to be written in blood and stamped with the authors bloody thumbprint as a signature,  simply reads. i have a purpose now. 

putting the batteries in the device, it sparks to life. as you hold it, you realize this must have been a keepsake, for it is in perfect condition. The screen sparks to life, and 2 young girls that appear to be twins are sitting in front of a birthday cake. the cake reads Happy birthday Sam and Kate. the footage blurs out a moment, and then rolls black for about three seconds.

A ragged man, dressed in cammo gear and covered in dried dirt and blood sits for a moment before speaking. a look on his face that is full of anger, yet calm and almost sad.

My name is William Porter, i am leaving this as a declaration. the story i am about to tell you... may change how you see the world that we are left... and maybe you will understand what i must do. these are the events, that have led me to this decision. 

My pack was heavy... Earlier, I had come across a stash of supplies in an old hunting shack, canned food, medicine, even some beer, it was too good to pass up. the supplies, covered in dust, showed signs of being unattended for some time now... i didn't feel bad for taking them, as the owner was most likely dead. as i tied my old hunting bag shut, i heard a loud crack followed by a guttural moan... i was sure i had lost the infected at the crossroads, but they had somehow found me. 

no... not me, they were walking west of me... something or someone else had caught their eye. 

I slung my pack quietly to my shoulder and hoisted the load into place, i slipped my other arm into the strap and tightened it firmly. slowly i picked up my fully kitted and camouflaged AK-74 and raised it to my shoulder, before clearing the door and pieing the corner to the west.

peering through the scope i tracked the sound through the treeline. the setting sun was peeking through the trees... it was hard to make out anything very clearly... but i saw a man... looking my direction from the crest of the hill. did the glint of sun on my scope tip him off, was i too loud grabbing the supplies?

i shifted to the other side and brought my eye to the glass once more... nothing, just the shambling freak trying to follow the elusive individual uphill. something came over me. i needed to follow him, to see where he was going way out here.

i cut the woodline up the side of the hill, harder than i expected with all this food... i broke the crest, weapon raised... but all that remains is the carcass of the infected, with one single and clean cut to the face... small edge too, he had to have gotten close.

all of a sudden... i felt a crack to the back of my head. what comes next was recorded by... him.

A crackling fire roars, the wind whips wildly through treetops as a coastal storm rages outside. the sound of pacing feet echo into place. the camera out of focus, tries to auto correct the images. it comes to rest on a man tied to a chair, the same man from the beginning of the recording. he opens his eyes slowly... 

a deep voice begin to hiss from the darkness just out of sight.

"your kind sickens me... you and your so called morals and humanity. they don't apply anymore. nothing of the old world the was remains. there are two kinds of us that remain, all others are an illusion. there is the meat and the meat eater".

stepping from the shadows, you could see him now. wearing a black hoodie and a white clown mask. he knelt in front of the man. you could almost feel his grin behind the mask. the man in the chair tried to move, but... was restrained. the masked man leaned in close... the man in the chair reacts as if he could feel breath on him through the slit in the mask.

"I know who you are... i know what you did" i saw your picture on the mantel. she kept looking to it you know... as if expecting you to burst forth from the frame to save her and your children. what... did you REALLY think SERGEY was alone."

He unfolds a crumpled photo from his pocket. and drops it on the ground in front of him. the man in the chair looks down and instantly snaps his head up.

"I"LL KILL YOU...YOU SON OF A".

The hooded man swings the pommel of a large knife into the temple of his hostage with a sound crack. the man in the chair goes limp, as he is knocked unconscious. the masked man then walks over to the camera and kneels closely to it, causing it to go out of focus.

"death is to easy for you missssster porter, no... you get to keep the knowledge, that you met the man who killed your family, and FAILED to do anything other than bleed. i want you to know that you had your chance, and i slipped through your fingers. may you and all the other sheep, find your way to the den of wolves, and be eaten".

The man reaches up and turns off the camera.

I awoke back where it started... in the old hunting shack. head and arms throbbing, i sat up to see the photo stuck to the wall by my own knife. 

So, here i sit. recovering as best i can from repeated blows to the head... yet so very clear now. i know what i must do.

[align=justify]He lifts an old rusted sledge hammer into view. he sits for a moment, staring at it. then looks directly at the camera.

[align=justify]"I'm going to kill them all"...

[align=justify]he reaches up and turns off the camera, and the screen goes black.

Pussy    382

Great read! c: There's some really interesting writing in here.

My favourite line, I've got to say is "A crackling fire roars, the wind whips wildly through treetops as a coastal storm rages outside." I love alliteration, it just sounds so poetic and I like that you used that here.

The only thing I have to say, is that there is some grammar issues here and there. Mostly in punctuation. Even just doing a quick edit to fix up those things would greatly improve the experience.

Still, seriously a good read. Keep it up!

Malkov77    0

Great read! c: There's some really interesting writing in here.

My favourite line, I've got to say is "A crackling fire roars, the wind whips wildly through treetops as a coastal storm rages outside." I love alliteration, it just sounds so poetic and I like that you used that here.

The only thing I have to say, is that there is some grammar issues here and there. Mostly in punctuation. Even just doing a quick edit to fix up those things would greatly improve the experience.

Still, seriously a good read. Keep it up!

thanks so very much... just take in to consideration that i am pretty medicated these days lol. but thanks for the kudos :)

Sign in to follow this