Server time: 2017-08-20, 00:18

Sign in to follow this  
JDoberman

Forum Lag

Question

JDoberman    44

I get lag when I type long messages on the forums. Like paragraph length.

25 answers to this question

Spartan    1005

I got the same on my phone. I usually press "preview" and the lag disapears. I continue typing and when the lag occurs again i click "preview" again.

Did Spartan's suggestion helped in any way ?

Brad    155

On your computer?  or on Mobile like Spartan gets?

When does it lag?  When you are typing it takes a bit for the letters to show up? OR when you try to post the message it lags for a bit before posting?

Scooter    50

I get the same. PC and phone. Usually if I am typing more than 3 sentences.

JDoberman    44

On your computer?  or on Mobile like Spartan gets?

When does it lag?  When you are typing it takes a bit for the letters to show up? OR when you try to post the message it lags for a bit before posting?

On my computer, when I type more than a paragraph, it begins to lag. If I type a sentence, it will be good for a moment, then stutter, and then takes a while for the letters to appear, yes.

Brad    155

What browser are you using?  My phone and internet are both utlizing google chrome, and I don't think I've ever had an issue.

JDoberman    44

What browser are you using?  My phone and internet are both utlizing google chrome, and I don't think I've ever had an issue.

Google chrome.

Brad    155

Is this a new issue?  Or has it always worked like this for you?

JDoberman    44

I have not been around for a long time, and I've only made one large thread. But, yes, this has always happened to me while typing a paragraph and more.

I do not believe there is a way to fix lag, I have the same issue sometimes when I'm trying to edit the group thread because it's very long. But that only happens sometimes, and it has never happened to me when it comes to shorter posts.

Never heard or experienced anything like this before.

Guest AsOiX   
Guest AsOiX

My phone likes to fuck up my words, could be cause lag, idk. But I dont think its mine phone xD Samsung Galaxy S6

Brad    155

I have not been around for a long time, and I've only made one large thread. But, yes, this has always happened to me while typing a paragraph and more.

It might be difficult to determine the cause of this, but here are a few other things to consider.  How is your internet speed?  Is your CPU working at a high percentage?  

Are you using a wireless keyboard? If it is wireless is there a wired one you could try using?

JDoberman    44

It might be difficult to determine the cause of this, but here are a few other things to consider.  How is your internet speed?  Is your CPU working at a high percentage?  

Are you using a wireless keyboard? If it is wireless is there a wired one you could try using?

I assure you, this is entirely not on my end. I have never had this issue on a forum before, at all.

I believe this is more on the end of the forum though. My internet is tip-top enough to handle a forum like this, and my CPU can handle it easily.

dawdadawaidjawdaawuihaidawdhawidhahdiawdiahiawhdiahwiadhiwdhaidhaiwhdaidhiawhiahdahdawuidhawuidhawidhawidawdadawaidjawdaawuihaidawdhawidhahdiawdiahiawhdiahwiadhiwdhaidhaiwhdaidhiawhiahdahdawuidhawuidhawidhawidawdadawaidjawdaawuihaidawdhawidhahdiawdiahiawhdiahwiadhiwdhaidhaiwhdaidhiawhiahdahdawuidhawuidhawidhawidawdadawaidjawdaawuihaidawdhawidhahdiawdiahiawhdiahwiadhiwdhaidhaiwhdaidhiawhiahdahdawuidhawuidhawidhawidawdadawaidjawdaawuihaidawdhawidhahdiawdiahiawhdiahwiadhiwdhaidhaiwhdaidhiawhiahdahdawuidhawuidhawidhawiefefefefefsefsfsefsfsfsfesfsfsefsffefsffeffsefefsefdawdadawaidjawdaawuihaidawdhawidhahdiawdiahiawhdiahwiadhiwdhaidhaiwhdaidhiawhiahdahdawuidhawuidhawidhawidawdadawaidjawdaawuihaidawdhawidhahdiawdiahiawhdiahwiadhiwdhaidhaiwhdaidhiawhiahdahdawuidhawuidhawidhawidawdadawaidjawdaawuihaidawdhawidhahdiawdiahiawhdiahwiadhiwdhaidhaiwhdaidhiawhiahdahdawuidhawuidhawidhawidawdadawaidjawdaawuihaidawdhawidhahdiawdiahiawhdiahwiadhiwdhaidhaiwhdaidhiawhiahdahdawuidhawuidhawidhawidawdadawaidjawdaawuihaidawdhawidhahdiawdiahiawhdiahwiadhiwdhaidhaiwhdaidhiawhiahdahdawuidhawuidhawidhawidawdadawaidjawdaawuihaidawdhawidhahdiawdiahiawhdiahwiadhiwdhaidhaiwhdaidhiawhiahdahdawuidhawuidhawidhawiefspofsefiosj

sefksfosefjisefjosefjsoeifjsefsfiosefjsofijsefjojfsfjkdnfkdjfhesfyhiefhsefklsefhskehfsiefgisefhisefhisefishfiefkdjfhjksdhfksfhefsef

[align]

[align=left]Just tried to recreate your problem using the above text and a variety of additions yet failed to create any lag. I'm on the newest version of chrome, could the browser be your problem?

JDoberman    44

dawdadawaidjawdaawuihaidawdhawidhahdiawdiahiawhdiahwiadhiwdhaidhaiwhdaidhiawhiahdahdawuidhawuidhawidhawidawdadawaidjawdaawuihaidawdhawidhahdiawdiahiawhdiahwiadhiwdhaidhaiwhdaidhiawhiahdahdawuidhawuidhawidhawidawdadawaidjawdaawuihaidawdhawidhahdiawdiahiawhdiahwiadhiwdhaidhaiwhdaidhiawhiahdahdawuidhawuidhawidhawidawdadawaidjawdaawuihaidawdhawidhahdiawdiahiawhdiahwiadhiwdhaidhaiwhdaidhiawhiahdahdawuidhawuidhawidhawidawdadawaidjawdaawuihaidawdhawidhahdiawdiahiawhdiahwiadhiwdhaidhaiwhdaidhiawhiahdahdawuidhawuidhawidhawiefefefefefsefsfsefsfsfsfesfsfsefsffefsffeffsefefsefdawdadawaidjawdaawuihaidawdhawidhahdiawdiahiawhdiahwiadhiwdhaidhaiwhdaidhiawhiahdahdawuidhawuidhawidhawidawdadawaidjawdaawuihaidawdhawidhahdiawdiahiawhdiahwiadhiwdhaidhaiwhdaidhiawhiahdahdawuidhawuidhawidhawidawdadawaidjawdaawuihaidawdhawidhahdiawdiahiawhdiahwiadhiwdhaidhaiwhdaidhiawhiahdahdawuidhawuidhawidhawidawdadawaidjawdaawuihaidawdhawidhahdiawdiahiawhdiahwiadhiwdhaidhaiwhdaidhiawhiahdahdawuidhawuidhawidhawidawdadawaidjawdaawuihaidawdhawidhahdiawdiahiawhdiahwiadhiwdhaidhaiwhdaidhiawhiahdahdawuidhawuidhawidhawidawdadawaidjawdaawuihaidawdhawidhahdiawdiahiawhdiahwiadhiwdhaidhaiwhdaidhiawhiahdahdawuidhawuidhawidhawiefspofsefiosj

sefksfosefjisefjosefjsoeifjsefsfiosefjsofijsefjojfsfjkdnfkdjfhesfyhiefhsefklsefhskehfsiefgisefhisefhisefishfiefkdjfhjksdhfksfhefsef

[align=left]

[align=left]Just tried to recreate your problem using the above text and a variety of additions yet failed to create any lag. I'm on the newest version of chrome, could the browser be your problem?

I'm not really sure how to update my chrome.

Brad    155

[align=left]

Try this link.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95414?hl=en

Alternatively, if you have another browser avaliable maybe see if it does the same thing?

JDoberman    44

[align=left]

Try this link.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95414?hl=en

Alternatively, if you have another browser avaliable maybe see if it does the same thing?

Well my browser is already up to date. I will attempt to use Mozilla Firefox...

It seems to be that Firefox has better performance. I guess I will just start using that for now on.

Brad    155

Google chromes support pages might have some more info regarding this, probably worth checking around there.

Feel free to mention any updates here or if firefox starts doing the same thing.

For now I'll mark this as /solved

After replying to a thread that has many replies and my text was slightly large with additions I did notice a glimmer of lag. It may just be a placebo effect due to reading this thread but while replying to this thread there seems to be no problem at all. Perhaps the lag only appears on bulking threads with many replies.

Brad    155

After replying to a thread that has many replies and my text was slightly large with additions I did notice a glimmer of lag. It may just be a placebo effect due to reading this thread but while replying to this thread there seems to be no problem at all. Perhaps the lag only appears on bulking threads with many replies.

Could be, I'm definitely keeping my eye out from here on out!

TEazy97    8

I get the same when I am typing on a mobile when my internet connection isn't very good for example on 3G or 4G. However I have not experienced it on my PC. It could be a connectivity issue ?

Rolle    2450

I blame MyBB. I wish we had all the back end systems we use for IPB. :(

Chow    45

Never had the issue either on my phone or on the PC.

I use Firefox on the pc and chrome on the iPhone.

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

I also experienced some lag when I was typing a reply to the radio chatter thread my group is involved in.  The problem seems to have gone away for me, but it was there for a bit.