Server time: 2017-10-21, 08:46
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Chow

Your opinion on Chernarussian character.

Chow    45

So basicly there is a increase of Local chernarussian character in this Community.

Now i know im apart of increasing this number as i play a chernarussian myself, but what do other players think about it.

For example people playing american characters, who is beeing pushed and forced because of their foreign status.

-  Some might be pushed to leave the country, and when they obviously dont, something bad happens to them.

What do you, both chernarussian players, and other foreign players think about this.

Start!

Unknown Entity    126

I'm glad to see more Chernarussian characters obviously, it makes much more IC sense to have more Chernarussians then non ethnics.

I do hope however not all of them are going to be racist, so we can slowly manipulate them into hating westerners :D.

The more Chernarussians the merrier in my opinion!

It is easy to survive as a foreigner, you just need a friendly local to vouch for you :P

Vandy    34

Finally, finally, finally,....

I'm so glad to actualyl see more natives around.

Since I joined this community, I only have played a Native Chernarussian.

It felt akward to only meet people from other nations and countries. Now I finally meet moere Chernarussians!

It would only make more sense to see more people portraying a native.

Spartan    1234

I like to see more natives, it makes way more sense that there are more natives than foreigners. I tried to be a native once I can't talk with that accendent so I just gave up. 

I'm glad to see more and more Chernarussians

I'm certainly glad to see more Chernarussian characters, even if their accent isn't the greatest - It's more immersive. I just hope the majority of them won't be stereotypical and all be nationalists. I like nationalist characters, just in moderated amounts.

Unknown Entity    126

I just hope the majority of them won't be stereotypical and all be nationalists. I like nationalist characters, but not when every single native is one; that's just stupid.

I think that a majority of Chernarussians having nationalistic ties actually makes sense, with the Civil War nice and fresh in Chernarussians heads, it makes sense that they would have a national pride, I wouldn't call it stupid.

Chow    45

I'm certainly glad to see more Chernarussian characters, even if their accent isn't the greatest - It's more immersive. I just hope the majority of them won't be stereotypical and all be nationalists. I like nationalist characters, but not when every single native is one; that's just stupid.

Why will it be stupid?

Alot of foreigners come to chernarus with alot of stupid reasons.

Nationalism is a good thing and it brings good RP, at least in my opinon.

- Do good and help, and you may be a guest in this country.

- Be an asshole and you will have to leave.

Nationalist does not kick every single one of the foreigners out.

Mamba    0

I am now playing a Chernarussian character and the accent is proving much harder then anticipated. I will keep practicing because it is hard to torture people effectively when you have to stop and type every 10 seconds.

On a more serious note, I think it is good and it makes sense. I just hope the switch isn't just being made to avoid being robbed or beaten. I have no quarrels with robbing and beating my countrymen and will do so if necessary. :trolle:

I just hope the majority of them won't be stereotypical and all be nationalists. I like nationalist characters, but not when every single native is one; that's just stupid.

I think that a majority of Chernarussians having nationalistic ties actually makes sense, with the Civil War nice and fresh in Chernarussians heads, it makes sense that they would have a national pride, I wouldn't call it stupid.

Ah yes, never really considered that.

-snip-

I think you misunderstood what I said, I like nationalist characters, you're right, they bring good RP. Just sometimes I feel as if there's too many, however, as uSx pointed out, there are some legitimate reasons for that.

Yoshi    61

I enjoy crushing the stereotypical Chernarussian argument, "Get out of my country." Whilst someone can bring up the argument, they solidly fall on their face during a roleplay scenario. I want to see someone give me a VALID reason to get out of "their" country.

I'm all for it. More Chernarussians is good.

I play a Vietnamese character. Because I am 'in love' with that character. It guarantees the best performance from me.

I don't have the same passion for a Chernarussian character (yet). Perhaps in the future.

Stagsview    625

I'm certainly glad to see more Chernarussian characters, even if their accent isn't the greatest - It's more immersive. I just hope the majority of them won't be stereotypical and all be nationalists. I like nationalist characters, but not when every single native is one; that's just stupid.

It's very hard to bring up a accent that does not exist currently in the modern world. Each clan in their time period had their way in bringing up the "accent". CLF had their very high pitched russian accent back in the mod days. Other groups like NAPA had a more slavic accent. It's impossible to make something that you really have no grounds to work upon. Besides Czech and Russian, you have no real grounds to work upon so it's mainly up to the imagination. 

You see, i disagree. I have met many Chernarussian characters who in fact are not nationalistic, just normal people. We the Cerna Liska are the most vocal (not to toot our own horn here). We are by far the most extreme ideologically and the most non tolerant. But in many cases I have met MANY chernarussian characters who are normal people, hell I have met many who are supporters of CHDKZ ironically.

It is boring to play out something with no reason and understanding. When uSx and myself worked with Neszy on this group, we spent a good few weeks making it. The lore, the characters and the reasoning. If people play "nationalist because nationalist" mentality it's really kinda stupid, you need a history and you need a reason. But remember, IRL these extreme people you can not put logic into a discussion. It's their set way or the highway.... Hence why you don't go up to a skinhead (neo nazi ones) and tell him that white pride is stupid......it is...but they would beat you up over it.

I enjoy crushing the stereotypical Chernarussian argument, "Get out of my country." Whilst someone can bring up the argument, they solidly fall on their face during a roleplay scenario. I want to see someone give me a VALID reason to get out of "their" country.

I 100% agree, but that comes with dedication in preparing your character and working correctly on him/her. If you have no or little backstory ready for him/her it's very hard to back up your arguements. It really depends on the roleplayer himself.

Moose    7

I think you misunderstood what I said, I like nationalist characters, you're right, they bring good RP. Just sometimes I feel as if there's too many, however, as uSx pointed out, there are some legitimate reasons for that.

Are there really that many? Before Cerna Liska I hadn't seen or heard of many Chernarussian nationalist stereotypes. That could just be my experience differing from yours though of course. 

The thing is about these Chernarussian nationalists is that their arguments arent always valid. Their more often than not blinded by a bad combination of hate and ignorance. We do have many reasons IC to feel this way as you'll see if you meet us. Funnily enough we dont always even agree with our characters extreme views OOCly.

I wouldn't call it stupid but I think you don't realize that nationalism comes in many different shapes and sizes. There is an example of that right here in the community, you have us Dveri/NAPA who are much more tolerant towards foreigners then Cerna Liska who are a very extremist.

And it makes perfect sense to be a Chernarussian nationalist, and there is nothing wrong with that considering the majority of people in Easter Europe at least is nationalist, and when I say majority I mean a good 80-90%. But not nationalist to the point of ultra-nationalism.

Septimus    23

I believe that having more chernarussians is definitively more realistic than having a bunch of Somalians running around; that being said, I believe players can play whatever they want to play with some limits of course. Roleplay is roleplay and as long as people can contribute to the community by playing specific or common characters is more than okay. In the end, I think we are all here to have fun and at times, you might find playing a specific race or ethnicity fun and or boring, so people change and adjust to their liking.

I personally play a Chernarussian whom is prideful of his roots but is willing to put race and ethnicity and affiliation aside for business; Profit is the only language in which talks for everyone. Money makes the world go 'round, as I say.

Edit: No offense to people who play Somalians, love you all.

You see, i disagree. I have met many Chernarussian characters who in fact are not nationalistic, just normal people. We the Cerna Liska are the most vocal (not to toot our own horn here). We are by far the most extreme ideologically and the most non tolerant. But in many cases I have met MANY chernarussian characters who are normal people, hell I have met many who are supporters of CHDKZ ironically.

Are there really that many? Before Cerna Liska I hadn't seen or heard of many Chernarussian nationalist stereotypes. That could just be my experience differing from yours though of course. 

I would say I've just been unlucky with the Chernarussians I've met, but I don't think it's that. It's because my meetings with nationalists bring much more memorable RP. Which brings me back to what I said about enjoying nationalistic RP.

I wouldn't call it stupid but I think you don't realize that nationalism comes in many different shapes and sizes. There is an example of that right here in the community, you have us Dveri/NAPA who are much more tolerant towards foreigners then Cerna Liska who are a very extremist.

And it makes perfect sense to be a Chernarussian nationalist, and there is nothing wrong with that considering the majority of people in Easter Europe at least is nationalist, and when I say majority I mean a good 80-90%. But not nationalist to the point of ultra-nationalism.

I feel my choice of the word "stupid" was a mistake, it made it look more bitter than intended. But you are right; I know very little about nationalism, unfortunately, I can be very arrogant and view things very black and white manner. My apologises for making such a remark before actually being knowledgeable on the matter.

Sandy    20

I really like Chernarussians and it makes me sad so many are nationalistic so my western characters can never be friends with them :'(. I plan on playing only Chernarussians after my next character since they seem so much fun, obviously the only downside in more Chernarussians will be if people are not good on the lore, its understandable when a westener might say Chernarus is an island or something silly like that, but for a Chernarussian to not know their own country, history and culture would be very immersian breaking.

Also Chernarussian is not Russian, its mostly Czech so if you are gunna speak the native language please dont be running around being a sterotypical russian shouting Da, Pryvet, Comrade, Dvai ect... Just learn some Czech or emote speaking Chernarussian.

Roman    0

Should be 80% Chernarussians, 10% Russians and 10% foreigners in my book.

Harry    18

I dont agree with this it should be 90% Africans and 10% Chernorussians :troll:

On a serious note: Yes more locals would be more realistic.

I feel a lot more immersed when I meet more locals than foreigners.

As long as they are not all nationalists though.

Yoshi    61

But WOULD it be more realistic to have a larger population of Chernarussians? The outbreak began in the heart of the country and tore the local population apart, destroyed the government, and threw the land into chaos. Who is to say how many survived? Were locals more or less susceptible to the virus?

LOREMASTERS! HELP! I HAVE CRISIS!

>_<

Dusty    1586

As others have said, it's more realistic to have a lot of Chernarussians, but do all Chernarussians really have to be racist or bandits? Honestly, the only time I run into any Russians or Chernarussians, I'm insulted for being a foreigner, or I'm being held up for no particular reason.

I think it's great that the community has been seeing more Chernarussian characters. It makes sense that there should be more natives, and it can make things pretty confusing when there are not. I feel like there should probably also be more people from surrounding countries. Russia. Takistan.

I think having more Chernarussian characters makes sense, since we are in fact in Chernarus but people making Chernarussian characters just to avoid possible conflicts they would've had with certain groups if they weren't Chernarussian should not be a thing. You should make your character something you enjoy playing as not just because you don't want to get robbed.