Server time: 2017-08-21, 02:49

Sign in to follow this  
MrBowTie

Workshop. What do you want to see?

MrBowTie    46

So, I personally can't wait for the workshop to get started on DayZ. Here I'm asking a simple question to everyone what they want to see from the steam workshop for DayZ. I would like to exclude maps/map edits from this. I am more on focusing on items and possible game play mechanics. (Cars maybe be included but keep in mind that we're in South Zagoria not 1980s America)

Note what I want to see is only if they don't add it to the game.

More wild life. Birds, Different types of Deer, possible Bear and stuff like that.

So what do you want to see?

Guest Mak   
Guest Mak

A gameplay mechanic I'm looking forward to seeing either from the normal development of dayz, or even from the workshop, is an improved melee combat system...like proper knife fighting, not running around slashing the enemy 20 times without killing him, I want to be able to grab the enemy, actually stab him, even chop his head off with an axe, why not... I mean, if I slashed your throat with a knife, it doesn't matter if your character is a spetznaz navy seal who built an atomic bomb in his basement when he was 6, you'd be on the floor... As it is now it sucks :P

Guest AsOiX   
Guest AsOiX

Radio's that allow custom audio uploaded by the server owner, and are played through radios. Would LOVE to hear a DayZRP radio station with interviews with new groups, old music, group propaganda, kinda like ads. Should have an hour of music, and however many ads they have that/those months. Then loop. Would be really great!

A gameplay mechanic I'm looking forward to seeing either from the normal development of dayz, or even from the workshop, is an improved melee combat system...like proper knife fighting, not running around slashing the enemy 20 times without killing him, I want to be able to grab the enemy, actually stab him, even chop his head off with an axe, why not... I mean, if I slashed your throat with a knife, it doesn't matter if your character is a spetznaz navy seal who built an atomic bomb in his basement when he was 6, you'd be on the floor... As it is now it sucks :P

But this isnt battlefield D: Grabbing someone and instantly winning is just kinda stupid. Not to mention nobody is dumb enough to just sit in one spot forever.

Guest Mak   
Guest Mak

Radio's that allow custom audio uploaded by the server owner, and are played through radios. Would LOVE to hear a DayZRP radio station with interviews with new groups, old music, group propaganda, kinda like ads. Should have an hour of music, and however many ads they have that/those months. Then loop. Would be really great!

But this isnt battlefield D: Grabbing someone and instantly winning is just kinda stupid. Not to mention nobody is dumb enough to just sit in one spot forever.

Yeah, probably the grabbing would be too much, I don't know, it really depends on how they decide to develop it, but yeah anyway it will never be a thing in this game

Guest AsOiX   
Guest AsOiX

Yeah, probably the grabbing would be too much, I don't know, it really depends on how they decide to develop it, but yeah anyway it will never be a thing in this game

Now, dismemberment, hell yeah.

MrBowTie    46

With the melee fighting perhaps remake the animations and timers etc, though then adding increased damage per melee weapon and with that making more damage in different spots not making the weapon over powered. Like if you hit someone in the neck then someone else got hit in the leg, the person slashed in the neck would be more likely to die.

possible Bear and stuff like that.

dayz-leaked-bear-model-dayz-standalone1.jpg

Devs are way ahead of you. ;D

Can't wait for map edits, the possibility of things like cosmetic bandana tourniquets, and may - MAYBE - a peace sign animation.

EDIT: Also, melee is going to be expanded down the road. They're going to add things like blocking - so I can finally have a proper sword v fireaxe.

MrBowTie    46

Well the first thing I want is more animals because the zombies are some what low in they're abundance and to fill that up I would want more animals.

snip?

Well the first thing I want is more animals because the zombies are some what low in they're abundance and to fill that up I would want more animals.

snip?

They're only low in number due to their effect on performance. As the game runs smoother under the hood, they'll add in tons more zombies.

Wolves are coming, too. They're gunna be a bitch.

MrBowTie    46

I wonder how wolf based groups are going to deal with wolfs... taming. Taming wolfs, throw meat at them, then they're tamed that's what I want now.

Stradic    261

I'd personally like to see different types of infected in one of two ways.

1- The infected react differently to gameplay mechanics so for example if you throw a chem-light at night some infected will be drawn to the light while it could aggravate others or like how they are at the moment and just ignore it completely or another example is you place a radio down, turn it on with like the chem-light the infected will each respond to the noise in a different way.

2- Different types of infected. To long to explain so I am just going to leave this link here which I feel sums up what I mean:

http://deadfrontier.wikia.com/wiki/Bestiary

So going off the link having an infected which is blind but goes off of sound but once alerted lets out a cry which brings all of the infected rushing towards your direction.

I would like to see night time actually becoming a thing, no more gamma eyes. I think it would totally change RP for the better.

Guest CUDA   
Guest CUDA

I would like to see night time actually becoming a thing, no more gamma eyes. I think it would totally change RP for the better.

Listen hear bud, is it that hard to believe that after years of super top secret spetsnaz training and an extensive diet plan consisting purely of carrots that I have developed the ability to adjust the visibility in night. Jog on Johnny. ;)

MrBowTie    46

snip

Yea I agree having the infected react to different things and having blind zombies would make the game even more fun by it self but also make for some interesting RP.

Chance    48

The ability to have flags in the game. With these flags, you are able to customise them; add your groups crest, change the colour of the flag. These flags are able to be set on fire, thrown or even used as a blunt weapon (like a spear).

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

Something to make the game actually interesting. How about radiation? Somehow make it realistic, that might be nice.

Guest AsOiX   
Guest AsOiX

Something to make the game actually interesting. How about radiation? Somehow make it realistic, that might be nice.

Radiation for what reason. Its not like bombs went off

Lt. Ledger    0

The ability to have flags in the game. With these flags, you are able to customise them; add your groups crest, change the colour of the flag. These flags are able to be set on fire, thrown or even used as a blunt weapon (like a spear).

Being able to put flags on vehicles would be a nice touch as well.

[video=youtube]

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

A nuclear reactor of the sorts, then again, Chernarus is a small country so this is unlikely.

MrBowTie    46

snip

Yea I think radiation would make an interesting addition to DayZ, though would be better if they made a bigger map or expanded Chernarus.

Guest AsOiX   
Guest AsOiX

A nuclear reactor of the sorts, then again, Chernarus is a small country so this is unlikely.

Yeah, and poor for the most part.

Chance    48

Being able to put flags on vehicles would be a nice touch as well.

And if you were able to carry them on your back, like in this photo: 

2078.jpg

Yeah, and poor for the most part.

Actually... After the Chernarussian Civil War, the U.S. and other U.N. countries sent a lot of funds to the new government for rebuilding and expanding their industrial/agricultural development... not to mention the military equipment and supplies the new CDF received.

Jack Allen    18

I want to see more realistic bullet wounds. Getting shot point blank with a shotgun won't just cause a lot of bleeding.