Server time: 2017-10-22, 19:17
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Ledger

Vehicle Initiation Rules

Lt. Ledger    0

It seems that the rules on vehicle initiation haven't been clear to some people. When initiating on a vehicle be sure to use both  voice and text chat. Not only is it a rule, it's common sense.  The engine to the V3S isn't exactly quiet so when you're more than thirty feet away from the vehicle voice initiation isn't enough, what you're saying is audible, but not understandable.  Also, when heading down the road at high speeds there's a good chance the occupants of the vehicle are not going to hear you at all.  A couple days ago a friend and I were driving down the road and two guys came out of no where. We heard them talking, but couldn't exactly make out what they were saying. Right after we passed them both men proceeded to empty both of their mags into our vehicle. One, we were going at high speed, voice was not enough. Two, shooting at a vehicle as it passes is definitely not a good way to get it to stop. If someone shoots at my vehicle I'm flooring it out of there, not going to slow down. A similar situation happened to a friend yesterday where people were yelling at him to stop and didn't even give him enough time to slow down before they opened fire.  I had someone tell me a similar story last week as well.  Not trying to make a big deal out of this, but situations like these are happening way too frequently. Just thought I would bring some attention to the issue.

Guest Mak   
Guest Mak

People know that, the only problem is that usually the're on a rush doing these initiations because of the truck already speeding away or whatever, and don't really do what they should do, even knowing this rule.

Lt. Ledger    0

People know that, the only problem is that usually the're on a rush doing these initiations because of the truck already speeding away or whatever, and don't really do what they should do, even knowing this rule.

Then they should get faster at typing. Being in a rush is no excuse for an invalid initiation.

NathSnr    2

That's not a very good attitude at all. Personally, I was under the impression that due to voice being hard to hear you needed to use text as well.

If you want a simple answer, I'd say don't bother as there's so much stuff that can go wrong... your choice, though.

Hades Juran    1

Yeah, this has been a serious issue lately, as I almost a victim of this yesterday. A lot of people tend to forget that they have to, no way to get out of it, absolutely have to include a text component for any initiations on vehicles to be legitimate. If the people who had opened fire on me had hit me, I would have been able to post up a report about it, but they missed, unlike the person in a current report who was killed in a seemingly invalid voice on vehicle only initiation.

DanielsTV    6

-snip-

Unfortunately that logic doesn't work, because that means if you are rushing you can just skip required steps to an initiation and therefore break a rule.

Guest Mak   
Guest Mak

-snip

-snipperino-

I've never said that they were justified because they were in a rush, I just explained to the OP why imo there's the problem of the lack of text initiations on vehicles, I don't think I've written anything regarding them not having to follow the rules cause In a rush

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

If you can't type fast enough, copy and paste.

DanielsTV    6

-snip

-snipperino-

I've never said that they were justified because they were in a rush, I just explained to the OP why imo there's the problem of the lack of text initiations on vehicles, I don't think I've written anything regarding them not having to follow the rules cause In a rush

Ah okay, just sounded like it. Would like to clarify for others too.

Lt. Ledger    0

If you can't type fast enough, copy and paste.

I agree completely, easy fix to those who aren't able to type fast enough. Really, you only need to type one word for someone to get the hint. "stop".

Glitch    15

If they want to hold up a vehicle they gotta put themselves in the road or obviously next to the road where they can be seen and put their hand up to get someone to stop. If you and a buddy hold your guns out as a car is driving past it's not going to stop, that's common sense. Plus the holding up doesn't happen till they get out of the car so just get them to stop someway that's not obviously hostile and then once they are out you can do the holding up. If they are speeding down the street and you are yelling ahead of time before they passed you, STOP THE CAR OR I WILL SHOOT! With your guns out, they're obviously going to keep driving because it's a truck, they have a good chance. Just because you tell someone to stop their car doesn't mean they are obligated too unless of course the NVLR comes into play and there are 10 of you flooded in the road holding up one guy in his car. But if it's two of you and one of you is hiding while the other tries to get the driver to stop by raising his hand or whatever, doesn't mean the driver has to, he/she may be in a hurry to get somewhere, or their character isn't a charity worker.

DanielsTV    6

-snip-

I believe, if you are saying this, that if someone forces a car to stop by standing in the middle of the road that that would be baiting. It's kind of a touchy topic, but I think that's the biggest part.

Basoon    15

This has indeed become a problem. People in my group have been shot in vehicles without text initiation three or four times in the past week. There is no excuse for this, it is a rule and must be followed. If you are shot in a truck without a text initiation I would urge you to make a report.

Lt. Ledger    0

This has indeed become a problem. People in my group have been shot in vehicles without text initiation three or four times in the past week. There is no excuse for this, it is a rule and must be followed. If you are shot in a truck without a text initiation I would urge you to make a report.

Thank you for agreeing with me. There's a lot of people in my group as well that have been telling me they've had the same issue.

Joules    274

It's really stupid to even try to talk with someone in a truck. There are so many issues that could go wrong with this current patch, for example the VOIP glitch. I had an experience about a week or so back when I was actually being chased by two trucks trying to run me off the road. I never heard any initiation, nor any text initiation, they just tried to force me off the road and it worked. I drove through fields, trees, and over rivers to try and evade, and not once did I hear or see any initiation. I ended up flipping the truck because of this.

Willem    2

Just record it and report it, like you said initiating on a vehicle without text is against the rules.

It's punishable and therefor you should report it, just like any other punishable offense (KoS, MG, PG, etc etc).

Pussy    382

You can generally hear trucks from quite a distance away. If you and your group thinks that there may be a need for you to initiate on the truck, quickly type something out before the truck even arrives. That way you'll have it ready to copy and paste it when the truck comes closer. 

Text initiations needed for truck initiations, but I'd always try to use voice as well. 

Either way, initiations on a truck can be a dodgy thing no matter what. Especially with the instability of the trucks in this game at the moment. I usually just try to avoid them :P

Lt. Ledger    0

Just record it and report it, like you said initiating on a vehicle without text is against the rules.

It's punishable and therefor you should report it, just like any other punishable offense (KoS, MG, PG, etc etc).

The only reason I didn't report it is because they failed to actually hit anyone, so it's not like hit logs would have been available or anything.

You can generally hear trucks from quite a distance away. If you and your group thinks that there may be a need for you to initiate on the truck, quickly type something out before the truck even arrives. That way you'll have it ready to copy and paste it when the truck comes closer. 

Text initiations needed for truck initiations, but I'd always try to use voice as well. 

Either way, initiations on a truck can be a dodgy thing no matter what. Especially with the instability of the trucks in this game at the moment. I usually just try to avoid them :P

I would have to agree. I don't even bother initiating on vehicles, better to just avoid them.

Keione    50

It seems that the rules on vehicle initiation haven't been clear to some people. When initiating on a vehicle be sure to use both  voice and text chat. Not only is it a rule, it's common sense.  

Bumping this because lately I have witnessed more and more survivors initiating on vehicles without properly doing so.

I have noticed when someone is driving a car and a group of people come down the road most drivers drive like a race car driver that needs to go see his wife giving birth :D

Remember that you CAN Ctrl+V in dayz chat, so get initiation typed up somewhere and copy then just paste it, simple as that.

Karma    168

Generally I just hide if i hear a car, but it can also help to have a notepad or something with initiations written up before hand that you can just quickly copy paste

Jack the Ripper    352

Personally I think that initiating on a speeding vehicle at all is stupid as it yields both unrealistic and irrational expectations. What, you think the guys doing 110kph is gonna stop because you yell at them, or drive for a few extra seconds until they are out of accuracy range? Of the vehicle is parked, slowing down or moving at a reasonable speed, then sure. But not when they've got their damn hyperdrive kicked in

Rolle    2970

Personally I think that initiating on a speeding vehicle at all is stupid as it yields both unrealistic and irrational expectations. What, you think the guys doing 110kph is gonna stop because you yell at them, or drive for a few extra seconds until they are out of accuracy range? Of the vehicle is parked, slowing down or moving at a reasonable speed, then sure. But not when they've got their damn hyperdrive kicked in

+1

+1 well said :D