Server time: 2017-10-22, 17:34
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Janana

Subscriptions

Janana    28

A sort of question, and idea if it were to be functional.

On the terrible social media site called Facebook there is a function where when you post on a certain thing you instantly become subscribed to it. You get notifications every time your friend or your friend's friends post on it because you posted on it as well. This allows you to keep up to speed on things you've posted on in the past.

What I wanted to know if subscribing to certain threads would be possible on the website to ease the process of keeping track of threads you want to watch or you are actively participating in. The idea is that if you were to subscribe to a thread, you would get an alert each time someone posted on the thread. Now, it's obvious that if the website doesn't actually support this, it will never happen but if it does I think the subscription to threads that pique your interest may be useful and you can avoid spending time scrolling through the recent post page trying to find a specific thread. If you can already do this and I'm completely missing it, I'm going to feel very stupid. :P

Does the website support this sort of functionality?

What do you guys think? Helpful? Silly?

Se7en    0

I was sure there was a watch thread option somewhere, cannot find it however. Although I might be thinking of a completely different forum.

But yeah, +1 if it isn't already implemented.

AndreyQ    0

As far as I know there is/was a subscription function but I do not think it works so well, reason why no one knows about it.327faee8bc.png

But still +1

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

Has been suggested before, but if I recall, it never went through because I think the website doesn't allow subscriptions, or its broken.

Though im probably wrong, and if im even more wrong, its never been suggested before.

EDIT: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Suggestion-Subscribe-to-Thread

Janana    28

Has been suggested before, but if I recall, it never went through because I think the website doesn't allow subscriptions, or its broken.

Though im probably wrong, and if im even more wrong, its never been suggested before.

EDIT: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Suggestion-Subscribe-to-Thread

Thanks for pointing this out.

It was removed because the email server marked hundreds of subscription emails sent as spam :P

I suppose if we figured out how to stop the servers from marking it's messages as spam, I think it'd be a great thing to add back.

Pussy    382

I would very much be into this! I don't know how they would work it out so that it didn't flood anyone's Alerts, but if there was the option to "follow" a thread and be given alerts when someone posts, that would be incredible!