Server time: 2017-10-18, 09:29
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

DayZ maintenance is in progress

Sign in to follow this  
Stradic

Hostage Execution

Question

Stradic    286

I just have some questions in regards to the new hostage rule put in place which the only way I can really try to ask this is by posting some possible scenarios.

Scenario 1

Group A (Bandits) take someone hostage from Group B (hostage group) and if the hostage has been compliant decide to let them go with Group B having 2 hours of KOS rights on Group A.

Group A then takes someone else hostage from Group C (hostage group) and inform the hostage that no one is to shoot them or they will execute them. Group B then happens to see Group A and begins shooting Group A and this now leads to my question Group A will most likely come to the assumption that someone from Group C are the ones shooting at them which then results in the hostages death.

So this leads to my question. Does Group A have legitimate KOS rights on the hostage if another party unaffiliated with the hostage gets involved?

Scenario 2

Group A takes someone hostage from Group B. They inform the hostage that they are to radio their friends and inform them that if they are shoot at they will execute them, the hostage cannot for whatever reason make contact with their group or simply lies about not being able to make contact. Group A then starts taking shots and I am making the assumption that they will simply come to the conclusion that it is the hostages friends however the only way they could really deduce this is simply due to the fact that no one else would have KOS rights on them other then the hostages friends when in a IRL scenario it could simply be a random group shooting at them.

So again I have to ask would Group A have KOS rights on the hostage if the hostage has lied/not been able to make contact with their group or the hostage and Group B deny having any type of affiliation with each other?

Scenario 3

This is similar to the first question I posed. Lets just say Group A takes Group B hostage at someplace like Green Mountain and are currently role playing (interrogating) them inside the compound and along comes Group C who then initiates on the entire compound. Group A then says that if they come into the compound they will execute Group B.

This leads me to my last question, would Group A have legitimate KOS rights on Group B if another Group unaffiliated with them initiates and Group A makes the demands that they will kill Group B if Group C does not comply with their demands or would it be up to Group C in ensuring the hostages from Group B are safe even though they have no affiliation with them?

3 answers to this question

Hello Stradic,

To make this easy I will answer your questions in the same order that you asked them.

Scenario 1,

This is very simple, No Group A does not have KOS rights on a hostage of another group. In this scenario if you are engaging multiple groups you are aware of the risk's and it is your responsibility to not assume that people are firing at you.

Scenario 2,

OOC you know only group B have KOS rights but IC the hostage is denying it , In this exact situation you have mentioned it would be ruleplay>roleplay to execute the hostage as IC anyone could be shooting at you you do not know anything other than what your being told. You cannot use the rules to your advantage saying that you know only one group can be shooting at you and then execute the hostage.

Scenario 3,

Again No, This is a very simple question what your asking is do you have KOS on Group B if an unaffiliated group intiates on you all, That has never been the case you again would have to role play it out but for example if Group C are bandits why would they care for a strangers life? So no you do not have KOS.

If you have any further questions feel free to ask if not let me know and I will mark this as solved.

Stradic    286

Hello Stradic,

To make this easy I will answer your questions in the same order that you asked them.

Scenario 1,

This is very simple, No Group A does not have KOS rights on a hostage of another group. In this scenario if you are engaging multiple groups you are aware of the risk's and it is your responsibility to not assume that people are firing at you.

Scenario 2,

OOC you know only group B have KOS rights but IC the hostage is denying it , In this exact situation you have mentions it would be ruleplay>roleplay to execute the hostage as IC anyone could be shooting at you you do not know anything other than what your being told. You cannot use the rules to your advantage saying that you know only one group can be shooting at you and then execute the hostage.

Scenario 3,

Again No, This is a very simple question what your asking is do you have KOS on Group B if an unaffiliated group intiates on you all, That has never been the case you again would have to role play it out but for example if Group C are bandits why would they care for a strangers life? So no you do not have KOS.

If you have any further questions feel free to ask if not let me know and I will mark this as solved.

That sums that up. Thanks Dom :)

Hello!

Glad I could answer your question!

Marking this as solved.

/solved