Server time: 2017-08-22, 18:51

Sign in to follow this  
Zero

IC Forum Information?

Question

Zero    285

I was just curious about this, I wanted to write a snippet of a story, but it would only belong in the "Lore and Stories" section. But basically, it would be about the players character E.G. the person reading it, but it would be along the lines of "As you search a building, you come across a series of scattered notes." Now, could the reader take this information IC? I would assume not seeing as the radio chatter section is the only area where you can use said information IG.

I would scatter notes IG, but I don't think people would actually see them unless I went to a populated area and "accidentally" left it there after obviously pointing out something through emotes such as "a note falls from his bag as he walks off, but he does not notice it"

8 answers to this question

Terra    1373

I dont know if I understand you correctly.

You want to write some notes, and you want the people to be able to use this information IC?

Hollows    429

I think he's saying something along the lines of," If you want to partake in the storyline, you are invited to ICly (and openly) know this information because you stumbled across of it." Even though it was via forums and not IG interaction. Which, I view as legitimate.

That, and because persistence isn't on, notes aren't reliable because after restarts and crashes, they're gone if someone hasn't found them yet.

Terra    1373

I think he's saying something along the lines of," If you want to partake in the storyline, you are invited to ICly (and openly) know this information because you stumbled across of it." Even though it was via forums and not IG interaction. Which, I view as legitimate.

That, and because persistence isn't on, notes aren't reliable because after restarts and crashes, they're gone if someone hasn't found them yet.

Yes and his question is in which section he should post, which is not that easy to decide because it is not radio chatter but this would be the section for IC-stuff.

Lore and stories would fit better but is ooc.

However, I would suggest Lore and stories and make a statement that the information you give can be used IC?

Any other great Ideas? ;)

Pussy    312

I'm sure you could arrange something in lore and stories. If you maybe work together a graphic of a sheet of paper with writing on it, and maybe text role play that you left the note posted up in the middle of a town, or tacked onto a post somewhere, you might be able to make it work. 

I'm sure there's room for you to write OOC somewhere (perhaps in your first post during an introduction) in the thread that these are supposed to be taken as IC knowledge. 

It's a little bit of  a tricky thing to choreograph... but I don't think it's impossible. There would definitely be a little bit of work involved!

Zero    285

You want to write some notes, and you want the people to be able to use this information IC?

Basically it would be a note of sorts that would be in lore and stories section, I was just not sure if it would be breaking rules if people used the post IG/IC (Which is what I would have wanted them to do, but seeing as it would be in the "Lore and Stories" section, which is an OOC section, I wasn't sure if it would be allowed. 

I could post several notes, and have different stories of how they were found, and for each note, someone would have to "Claim it" by messaging me through PMs or through just saying "I would like to claim I found this note." 

Example being "You found this note whilst searching through an old house." Then, if for example you would like to advance this IG, you would say "I would like to advance this through IG interactions." and you could go around telling people of the note you found, I would then post on the thread "Terra has claimed this note. Be on the lookout for more in your travels." And then if someone else is interested, I could write them a note that would be part of the main story of the one before.

Sounds sort of complicated, but I think it would be interesting. I just wasn't sure if it was allowed.

Janana    28

Basically it would be a note of sorts that would be in lore and stories section, I was just not sure if it would be breaking rules if people used the post IG/IC (Which is what I would have wanted them to do, but seeing as it would be in the "Lore and Stories" section, which is an OOC section, I wasn't sure if it would be allowed. 

I could post several notes, and have different stories of how they were found, and for each note, someone would have to "Claim it" by messaging me through PMs or through just saying "I would like to claim I found this note." 

Example being "You found this note whilst searching through an old house." Then, if for example you would like to advance this IG, you would say "I would like to advance this through IG interactions." and you could go around telling people of the note you found, I would then post on the thread "Terra has claimed this note. Be on the lookout for more in your travels." And then if someone else is interested, I could write them a note that would be part of the main story of the one before.

Sounds sort of complicated, but I think it would be interesting. I just wasn't sure if it was allowed.

I'd suggest posting your notes on the Lore and Stories section and then OOCly adding at the bottom to PM you with the request to find a certain note, and you can take it from there.

You want to be able to write notes in the lore an story section as notes themselves but people can find said notes in-game, ICly with your permission? 

I don't see why this wouldn't be allowed. Usually you try to keep all the IC interactions out of the OOC sections to avoid confusion.

As stated above by Terra, Kattica and Tosh you are indeed allowed to post your notes in the Lore and Stories, just be sure you write something among the lines of //this information can be used in-character.

Seeing as you got your answer I will go ahead and /solve this.