Server time: 2017-08-22, 05:31

Sign in to follow this  

Dynamic Items > Server Resets

Question

Hello all!

I have recently come up with a queston that nor' I or anyone I asked can solve, it is that of Dynamic Items in DayZ and Server Restarts.

If you have been playing DayZ for a subsequent amount of time you will realise you can chop down trees, this is a dynamic item in the game that resets after restart. For example when chopping a tree down, it will stay down until restart, after the restart has happened and the server is back up it will reset and the tree will be normal again.

Here is a scenario.

"You are in some sort of compound, and there is a tree knocked down about 30 minutes before restart is scheduled, the base you are stayng in happens to get assaulted by people/bandits. You decide to hide in that tree and wait it out. So 30 minutes passes by and the server resets. After server reset you are required to join the same server and continue roleplaying. However your hiding spot is now gone, as the tree is upright again."

What do you do? Must you type OOC and tell them to let you cut down the tree again or continue like they have seen you.

I appreciate you reading this and look forward to your replies.

Kind Regards, WB.

6 answers to this question

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

What you should do is load in before them and cut down the tree again, or find a better hiding spot.

At least, thats my opinion. I mean, it would be very awkward if they knew you were there, but they couldn't "know" you were there because of an OOC decision over a game mechanic.

In some most circumstances you can't guarentee you will load in before a few other people sadly, as thats the way DayZ works (and doesn't).

Appreiciate your reply.

Hey Waterbottle!

In a situation like the one you have described, if you still wish to remain unseen I would suggest finding a different hiding place. 

Having another individual know you are there, without really "knowing" you're there creates a difficult situation and people will react differently. A similar discussion that has occurred is when people are hiding in the grass at night. Many players can still see them due to differences in gamma, but should they be able to see them in RP? 

Your safest bet would be to find a better hiding place until it blows over!

Does this help answer your question?

Thank you, yes it does.

However finding another hiding space as good as a fallen down tree will be a good challenge.

Kind Regards, WB.

That's truth, WB. Bushes tend to do very well, also though. There are some places!

I'll mark this as solved then!

Yes you can.

(Too backup this fact, I just survived some huuuge blaze at Green Mountain with this method(: !)