Server time: 2017-10-19, 20:07
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
survivor_jonjo

0.58 update release?

Question

experimental is currently on update #6 after yesterday, and was #5 the day before that? What will be the most likely release for stable of this update?

18 answers to this question

Guest AsOiX   
Guest AsOiX

Soon TM

Shark    0

According to the recent Status Report, the devs are unsure of when it will be released due to several issues which are preventing it from being pushed to stable. So really, nobody knows when it will drop until it's already done, which seems to be standard these days.

Spartan    1231

As shark said, The devs have some problems to fix so it is unclear when they will push it to stable.

Does this answer your question, jonjo?

Sandy    17

Dayz updates come when they are ready, usually it is on a Wednesday after maintenance so most likely next week on Wednesday. I doubt it will be released on the weekend.

Ark    229

It's really hard to say. If it comes next Wednesday then great, if not then the devs have some more things they need to iron out. Either way we will get it when it's ready so just sit back relax and wait.

Following some of the Devs twitter like Eugene and Brian is really helpful. They answer questions and give us previews of whats to come. For example one dev told us there will be a significant map change in the next update that he is looking for, although he is unsure when he will release images.

Chris    63

stable-servers.jpg

Expect nothing, and never be disappointed! :D

Guest DooD YC   
Guest DooD YC

I would give it another week or two as there are server side issues that are stopping the 58 build being pushed to stable.

Phatal    50

Well, for a game that was supposed to be 100% finished by the end of the year in 2013, not sure I'd expect much xP. When it happens it happens.

Unknown Entity    126

Well, for a game that was supposed to be 100% finished by the end of the year in 2013, not sure I'd expect much xP. When it happens it happens.

Alpha was released the 16th of December 2013. I don't really know where you got your information on "finished by the end of the year in 2013", that would have left them 2 weeks to develop a full game.

Montanez    25

I'd give it some time. To my understanding there is a current bug on .58 that doesn't let you respawn... i mean...

Phatal    50

Alpha was released the 16th of December 2013. I don't really know where you got your information on "finished by the end of the year in 2013", that would have left them 2 weeks to develop a full game.

Apologies, end of 2014. The devs multiple times said they'd get the game out and finished by the end of the year, whether that be 2013 or 2014. They released into alpha. They had said that the game would be done before the end of the year and since they couldn't finish it they released alpha. Go back and look at the tweets and dev blogs from 2013 and you'll find what I'm talking about.

Guest DooD YC   
Guest DooD YC

Apologies, end of 2014. The devs multiple times said they'd get the game out and finished by the end of the year, whether that be 2013 or 2014. They released into alpha. They had said that the game would be done before the end of the year and since they couldn't finish it they released alpha. Go back and look at the tweets and dev blogs from 2013 and you'll find what I'm talking about.

GTA 5 took 5 years to complete so you cant or even the devs cant confirm anything until they thing everything is done

We don't have the exact time and date for when the update will be coming out, I expect it will be out within the next three weeks at the least. You can check Hicks' twitter or dayztv for the latest info and news about the upcoming update.

With that being said i'll mark this as solved since you have been given the best answer that we can provide at this moment in time. If I hear anything about the update I will post the information here.

/solved