Server time: 2017-10-20, 14:18
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Glitch

Bored of my character.

Glitch    15

Hey everyone, I was curious you (the reader) stick to a character. I myself have switch two times now. My first character was very dull, I had no story and I wasn't really into DayZRP that much but I stuck with him and just kinda played things out. My next character was Russian and I eventually created a backstory for him but started to grow tired of him as well, for the reason that there were many other Russians on the server so it started to feel too common. And I wanted to be an intimidating Russian as well but I'm too nice lol. My current character who I've played for a short time and already don't like the character, or what he's wearing is Italian. I also planned to be slightly rude and ignorant but I have a hard time not being nice, as a player, I don't like the role of a bandit. Now if I were to push myself I could be a bad character or be angry and intimidating for the right reasons, not just to be a bandit. And we have plenty of bandits which is good, someone always needs to fill roles.

I also like doing voices, it keeps it interesting for others and myself so I am thinking about either going back to Russian/Chernarussian (but there are so many, even though it'd make sense because it's Chernarussian homeland) or being American, as of now backstory doesn't really matter to me I can do that later. I just would like to know how people keep themselves interested in the same character for so long, do you just continue developing new pieces to their personalities and stories? Pushing yourself into RP even it looks intimidating? Thus giving you a revenge plot in your characters mind?

Jack Allen    18

Hi, my name is Jack Allen. I've stuck to this single character for over a year now. The key I can tell you is that don't just keep to your backstory, you can always add on too it. Change his personality perhaps? Why not, it's the apocalypse, anything can happen now. Try out new things you haven't given a chance on. My character didn't start out as a bandit because I didn't like the idea of banditry. I then decided to try it out, and it was actually pretty fun. Just get creative, do your own thing.

Glitch    15

All right, I appreciate the tip, that's what I assumed I was missing. Just keep expanding my reaches, developing my character, don't be set and stone with my backstory personality, change with events IC. Appreciated.

Fleety    4

Have your character go crazy in some way or another, tends to make things exciting

Guest CUDA   
Guest CUDA

Have your character go crazy in some way or another, tends to make things exciting

No it does not. If you cant do crazy RP well you come off as trolly and it feels like BadRP most of the time.

Glitch    15

Yeah that's true but I personally like to keep things unique for myself, a lot of people have crazy characters, or characters with split personalities, those are basically the same thing, crazy people. So I've got the voice I'd like to do, I will make some backstory to go off of, but personality wise I am not sure what I will end up doing. Due to my previous niceness I have made A LOT of allies IC and that led to friends OOC.

No it does not. If you cant do crazy RP well you come off as trolly and it feels like BadRP most of the time.

As well very true. I've ran into that kind of RP.

Fleety    4

Ahh, yeah I know there is those kind of people but I probably should of been a bit more specific by saying something like some Schizo-affective, OCD, or some kind of like depersonalisation. Yeah, definitely avoid the old 'HAHAHA im crazy! hahaha' *runs around in circles with clown mask*

my favorite and ever lasting character is Mr Kenway Lee, leader of the Federation, founder of the Lost, faceless of the reapers. Governor, brother, fiancé, scumbag, killer, liar and spy. the trick about making a character you love is to make a story you never would imagine in your life, the most important thing is to use your OOC traits. I used many OOC traits to get the shit I want, IRL I'm a huge asshole, I call myself a delightful cunt, I'm proud, I hate to lose, I'm thick skinned as fuck, one thing above all else is that I like treating everything like a game. in character, I spoke with authority as The governor, I slowly break my character let him discover who he really is, eventually he turns into the character I want him to be within 2 months. I let the events of dayzrp take place at its own course, I don't rush things, I don't force them to move I just let it be. I don't organize when I'm going to die, when this is going to happen, no I just play the game. immerse myself inside like Kenway himself, I play to win. a game that doesn't have an ending, I play to succeed, a game with no purpose. that's the way I look at things, I immerse myself so much in my character, sometimes I even forget I'm not called Kenway. it is this immersion that brings Kenway to life, brings the game master type act out, and create the character that is ever changing, ever evolving and ever exciting.

of course that being said I would be lying if I said I haven't been bored with my character, I have some Alts I like to jump on. when I was in the federation I played a 17 year old man child called Chow Wong, I had an insane amount of fun wit him. during that time was a down time for Kenway and the Federation. due to that after I killed chow off, I began a new character Chang Wei Xian because I got tired of the hostile rp. a character so different, so innocent that it brings a different side of me out. I always have a thing for being funny and retarded, playing as a clueless 11 year old makes it incredibly exciting.

after all it's the children so young, so innocent that is exposed to the worst things that creates the worst kind of human beings or the best. he is truly a neutral character

Pussy    382

The wonderful thing about this community is that you have free reign over not only your character development, but which character you play at all!

If you're feeling bored with your current character, try a new character with a new attitude and new experiences! Sometimes all it takes is a break from a current character to rekindle the spark, or who knows, maybe you'll enjoy the new character better?

The world is your oyster :P

JDoberman    52

I got a character right now that is being manipulated into killing people, and I was shedding tears while dealing with the mental-side of all of it. heheheh.

But keep going man, if you got friends, maybe mix up your rp a bit, and turn on them?