Server time: 2017-08-20, 15:39

Sign in to follow this  
Kolja

Contacting people on the "Radio"

Question

Kolja    0

Today we met a group with white armbands called "The Vigil", they gave us a radio frequency and told us to contact them if we ran into trouble with masked bandits.   I have met this before and it feels like a great idea to promote roleplay and connect us skattered survivors with the established groups.

But as radios do not work I assume that this should be done through teamspeak. What is the code of conduct on contacting groups like this on TS?  I see group channels all around, but I do not want to disturb anyones roleplay, and I would really like to do the contact IC if possible. Is there a certain procedure to do this? should I poke a group member? or go to the groups "Open comms"?

And also, is there another name for "The Vigil" as I cannot find them in TS or on the forums.

7 answers to this question

Usually, once you obtain a groups frequency, you can join their Open Comms channel whilst remaining In-Character. There is no specific proceedure for this, each group is different and either method can be used. Regarding the Vigil, they are not an official group and tend to hang in one of the open public channels. (see screenshot)

b53de3f78d.png

Brad    155

You could also use their frequency in a radio chatter forum thread, if they are not around on TS.

Title the thread something like "message to The Vigil, on 88.8"

Pussy    311

If you prefer to do an IC radio transmission, then I usually a group leader saying, "IC radio transmission coming. What's easier; text, or voice?"

If they want to do an IC broadcast in voice then it is best to join the open comms and let them pull you from there. They might want to go to a more secure location, or may find it easier to do the transmission there. 

Another option, like I stated before, is to do a text transmission by opening a text chat with the individual. This provides a way for you to communicate with them without actually switching around what channel you're talking in.

Once again, I always just try to use the method of preference for the person that I am trying to contact. 

Brad    155

--Snip--

As a common courtesy to what Pat said, if the group is not im a official channel, maybe use the ts messaging to make sure you aren't intruding on RP.  (don't use the poke feature for this)

Guest Kenji   
Guest Kenji

just hop in the channel where you see all the vigil tags and poke me you can tell me IC

Brad    155

/marking as solved - thanks to input from Pat, Kattica, and DjHato  If you have any further questions regarding this, don't hesitate to ask here.

Kolja    0

Thank you for great answers! See you in the eter!