Zoya's Story

Chinchilla    77

work-4819680-2-flat550x550075f-bloody-knife.jpg

Name: Zoya Zeleny Bastyr

Birthdate: 6/15/1988

Birthplace: Novodmitrovsk

Siblings: Bora Zeleny

Parents: Pavel Zeleny and Eva Bozik

It’s a funny thing how life can change so suddenly.  I never thought I would be part of a family with such tradition and grandeur.  Viktor saved me… Or well…. he would have if I hadn’t saved myself first.

My mother passed with the birth of my younger sister Bora.  We are 7 years apart, which can be unusual in local households.  It was this evening though, the night I met Viktor that changed everything.  My father had a small shop that he started with money he borrowed from the Bastyr family.  This evening my father returned home, the drink on his breath, and anger in his eyes.  It was not uncommon for him to hit Bora and I, we were easy targets.  Children dependent on their only living parent.  My father started yelling for Bora.  Of course she was in bed, she was only 7 years old.  My father went into her bedroom, and it was quiet for a minute, then Bora started screaming.  I ran into the bedroom and tried to push my father away from Bora.  Knowing the pain and fear Bora was experiencing first hand I ran to the kitchen.

The next thing I knew my sister was crying in the corner, covered in blood.  My father dead at my feet. Blood pooling out of his body from what looked like hundreds of stab wounds.  I remember feeling shock, as if I couldn’t have done it, surely it was someone else.  A sharp knife was being gripped too strongly in my hand.  Suddenly a crashing sound as armed men came pushing through the front door of our apartment.  They were calling out for my father in angry tones, and some were even laughing.  When the first man came into the bedroom his jaw dropped.  

Boss, get over here” said the man.

This is when I met Viktor.  He entered the bedroom and didn’t even look surprised.  He looked me right in the eye and asked me if I knew who he was.  I nodded slowly.  He then asked if it was me who stabbed my father.  I nodded again.  He laughed loudly, which apparently gave his men the right to laugh as well.  My sister wailed, but even I giggled a bit at the absurdity of this whole situation.  Watching Viktor laugh I was instantly attracted to him.  He was strong and sturdy on his feat, and his sultry voice made me feel instantly comfortable in his presence.  He explained to Bora and I that he would take care of us, as clearly our father had treated us horribly for many years.  He sent Bora to an amazing boarding school in the western part of the country.  I was jealous of the opportunities this was going to present to her later in life.  Viktor housed me in a small house with blue trim in the Berezino area.

Chinchilla    77

Thanks!

Chinchilla    77

tumblr_lr8xbhD34j1qmvz3go1_500.jpg

Viktor and I became lovers while he was still married.  At first it was mostly because I felt I owed him a debt.  However I quickly fell in love… or at least in lust.  He has this serious but passionate nature that is just infectious.  When he could visit he would always come for a few days at a time.  We would spend nearly the whole time in bed.  He told me he loved being with me. The passion was so intense that even now, years later, it still excites me to think about it.  

Months passed happily. When Viktor was around it was a passionate experience often accompanied with a buffet of drugs and liquor.  It was more intense and spiritual and fun than i can even express.  When Viktor wasn't around I spent my days reading books and taking hikes through the mountains.  Im pretty sure Viktor assumed I had no idea about the extreme nature of his business, but he was wrong. Where I grew up everyone knew of the Bastyr family.  Rich and powerful families even in modern times still tried to find smart matches for their youth…. If it wasn’t for my stupid father I may have never met Viktor….. Life is strange.  I know many may would find it disgusting that a grown man would take a 17 year old girl as a lover... however being with Viktor made sense.  We fit together in ways most people may never experience in their whole life.... To this day I still believe we are soulmates.

It wasn't until one late night when he came to the house all worked up.  He was covered in blood.  I could tell he was terrified.  I calmed him down and reheated some of the svíčková na smetaně i had made earlier.  At one point while eating he looked up and said that he should have married someone like me.  I hushed him and took him to wash up.  This was the first time our physical relationship became more than just raw passionate sex, it was intimate and special.  I fell asleep that night knowing I would never forget the ways his eyes gazed into mine as we made love.  

I awoke with a jolt at about 3am.  Viktor was not in bed.  I got up and a flash of silver caught my eye from outside the window.  I stood in the dark and watched Viktor digging a hole in the back yard.  I watched as he placed a huge human shaped trash bag into the hole.  Ensuring he didn't see me watching I continued to watch as he put dirt back in the hole.  When he finished i got back into bed and pretended to be asleep as he came into the house and used my shower.  I went into the bathroom and asked him if he was ok.  

"For the first time, in a long time Zoya, I feel free"  he said.

I wouldn't find out his wife died for another week.  When we were together it was passionate and lovely.  Months later he started bringing me around his family and friends.  I met his daughter who is the most beautiful creature alive.  Although I am only a few years older than her... I wouldn't say we get along well, but we don't "not" get along well either.  It is a very difficult yet effective relationship.  I think more than all else, we respect each other.

Time passed, we were married.  Loving dayz and passionate nights.  I integrated into the Bastyr life like I was meant to do it.  Viktor still tells me now that only the little girl that could kill her own father then giggle about it could grow up to be married to the Patriarch of the Bastyr family.

Chinchilla    77

[mp3]http://puu.sh/jgaWX/efbcf38fe4.mp3[/mp3]

word-smart.jpg

Viktor and I were married while I was only 17.  It was about 6 months after our first meeting.  I knew much of his family was made uneasy by me.  I have no doubt the love we had at that time was strong, and it was the way we looked at each other that convinced his family that I wasn't just some young play thing for Viktor.  You might think "Daddy issues much?" and you might be right.  The powerful raw protective attitude Viktor had towards me was one of the things that attracted me to him in the first place.  I assume many thought I was in it for the power or the wealth.... but it really wasn't the case.  I'm not so sure now whether it was love.... I thought it was at the time.... however now I'm more inclined to say it was more of an intense passion.  To me Viktor represented everything I wanted from family, a protector.  To Viktor I was everything his first wife was not.  I always thought we were both a little crazy, and thinking back at it now.... maybe having each other was what kept us from slipping into insanity.

I rose to the occasion being Viktor's wife.  Not necessarily a matriarch, as a proper woman's role is to support her husband.  Other females looked up to me.... or at least were jealous and afraid of me.  I became friends with the wives of Viktor's men, I was respected and honored.  For 3 years we were a very happy couple.  I learned so much about the Bastyr business.  The flames of passion had not even flickered in these first 3 years.  I found the role of "wife" to suit me very well.  We were hoping I would get pregnant so that Viktor may have more son's than what was acquired through his first marriage.  

Because of my age people tend to forget that I was there in Karmanovka when the Bastyr and Novacheck family found their peace.  Fleeing into the night due to a civil war really shook both familes.  Dead family due to stupid spats from years ago was not a reason to hate each other any longer.  It was this night that shaped the rest of our lives.  It was this moment that I realized the true strength of both families.  Viktor to this day still doesn't totally trust the Novachek family.  In a business sense he does, and he is constantly praising Marko.... However he confided in me that he always thought they were trying to take over the family business and push the Bastyr's out.  I know he very much was hoping for his daughter to make an impression on Marko so that they would be married and the tie between our families would be cemented.  We are still hoping this day will come.

I didn't see it then, but slowly after this and as the Civil War ended Viktor started to become more distant.  I suspected him of seeing other women.  After all, I know he was with me when married to his first wife.... could he be doing the same thing again?  After all I was 20 now, and surely he had found another 16 or 17 year old to bring to bed.  I started to dwell on these suspicions without telling Viktor... or anyone else.  

During this time I found out I was pregnant, with twin boys.  Viktor was thrilled, I was horrified.  

The fuck was I thinking?

Chinchilla    77

Really enjoyed this Chilla, I can't wait for what else you have in-stored!

Thanks Lucius!

Guest CUDA   
Guest CUDA

Nice writing.

Chinchilla    77

Thanks fellas!

Pussy    382

It looks like you've put a lot of effort into these lore posts, and it's definitely worth it! There's some great writing and adding the music and pictures definitely helps with the overall feel!

Really good job!

Chinchilla    77

It looks like you've put a lot of effort into these lore posts, and it's definitely worth it! There's some great writing and adding the music and pictures definitely helps with the overall feel!

Really good job!

I love all the editing you do to your writing. :) All and all nice read! :D

Thanks guys! I've really been enjoying writing these since I get to use not just standalone lore, but the group lore as well to help plot timelines and stuff :D

Chinchilla    77

[mp3]http://puu.sh/jhtw5/1053caefce.mp3[/mp3]

deep-looking-girl_tn2.jpg

It's the same old story.  Man cheats on wife, leaves wife, marries new woman.  What would happen to me if I was cast away from this family?  Could the mysterious departure of Viktor's first wife be the person he buried in the yard of the house of Berezino?  I was 16 and clueless in the ways of love and relationships when I first met Viktor.  Of course I thought it was love, and maybe it was....  What would be my move now moving forward to ensure my own safety and the safety of my two unborn sons?

It was clear that I had to act immediately.  It was March 2010 and I was about 3 months pregnant when I told Viktor.  I don't think I had seen his face light up with such joy for years now.  Not since we were lovers in that small house in Berezino.  I catered to Viktor's growing paranoia about the Novacheck families involvement with the business, and told him that I didn't want anybody to know I was due to have two more Bastyr sons.  He agreed and we went on a long "Holiday".  We went up to Sinistok where there was a small drug compound the family used to use to hold their products.  I had always known about this compound, but was always kept under the impression that it was abandoned.  Upon arriving it indeed was a little run down, but there were people there.  A handful of Bastyr's were keeping everything semi-operational.  The person in charge was second cousin of Viktor's named Bruno.  We was by far not the oldest man there, but he had this commanding presence about him.  He was tall, lean and very handsome.  He reminded me of an American Cowboy from television.

I managed to get a call to Bora.  She had known about all the trouble's I've been having with Viktor and the Bastyr family.  She was about 15 now.  Since she was perhaps old enough to realize my situation she had been telling me that Viktor was a bad man, and a predator.  Separating Viktor and my own vilonce to circumstance and defense.  She disliked Viktor, and thought of him more as a tool to ensure our survival than anything else.  While she understood how much I loved him, she still did not really approve.  When I told her I was to be a mother she came to the compound in July to help with the delivery and care of me and my soon to be sons.

Month's passed.  The men at the compound were all relatives of Viktor in some form.  They outfitted the big house to be easily defendable, yet comfortable enough for the wife, and soon children, of Viktor.  On August 10th 2010 my twin son's were born. Ivan and Dominik Bastyr. They were identical in every way.  They both had Viktor's strong jaw and forehead, but they had my eyes and cheeks.  They were perfect in every way.  They were happy and healthy, they were my world.  Six months passed as Bora and I took care of the boys, they grew fast and were a lot of work, but they were worth it.  There is nothing in this world like the smile your infant child gives you, or the squeeze of your finger from their tiny hand.  

Viktor kept leaving and returning on a regular basis.  The story goes that he told people that I just had to get away from all the business for a while and was spending some time out west with my sister.  Since I was so young when Viktor and I married it was an acceptable thing to assume that I would need some time away from all the craziness.  Passion returned to Viktor and I, however it was more that he was greatful that I had given him two more sons.  Bora even started to understand that maybe not everything is as black and white as she had previously believed.  I caught her several times walking alone with Bruno, young love in their eyes and flirtation buzzing around them.  I felt as if nothing could touch me here.  I suspected that Viktor had cut ties with whatever woman was his flavor of the month before the boys were born and I was ok with that.  He seemed to genuinely want to have our family together.  

When our passion re-ignited it was intense.  Similar to our time in Berezino we were constantly making love when Viktor was around.  It reminded us how well we fit together, how well we work together, and how no matter what happens in the future no other man or woman could give either of us as much pleasure as we could give each other.  

Life was good, I was happy again.

Then Viktor told me we had to go back home, but leave the children at the compound.

Chinchilla    77

Nice ! Enjoyed reading it.

Chinchilla    77

[mp3]http://puu.sh/jkdt7/00431dc657.mp3[/mp3]

oKCDlSc.jpg?1

Leaving my boys was the hardest thing I've ever had to do.  I felt so helpless, so alone.  A rift of hatred and anger became evident between Viktor and I.  I hated him for forcing me to leave.  My poor babies, left at a compound with Bora to be raised in secret away from the family.  Away from the Novacheks who my husband thought wanted to push the Bastyr's out of the business.  What was I to do?  There was nobody I could confide in.....

I played with the idea of telling Marko directly.  However what if Viktor was right?  I was Helpless in every way.  Viktor didn't even let me call Bora often to see if the boys were ok... He didn't even want the guards and thugs at our house to know.  It was a very dark time in my life.  The Civil War and eventually the Infection would not sadden me the way this has.

On one of the occasions I did get to call and check on Bora and the boys she told me her and Bruno had been fighting.  He was fiercely loyal to Viktor, so Bora's outright anger towards the whole situation threw a wrench into their blooming romance.  She told me how sorry she was that I wasn't with Ivan and Dominik, but that they were doing great.  She told me that she tells them about me a million times a day, and that she will never not tell them.  I wept and wept, and appologized to Bora for dragging her into this fucked up situation.  She told me I should be just happy that it's her with the boys and not some stranger, to which I obviously agreed.

Months passed, my hatred towards Viktor grew.  He was keeping me a prisoner in his mansion.  I was only allowed to be seen with him when he needed his wife by his side during certain family events.  He would rape and beat me at every opportunity.  He would tell me that I was HIS wife, and that I need to only be doing what he is telling me to do.  He told me keeping my children away was the only way to keep them safe.  He told me that I would have more of his children and I would have to send them away as well.  The thought and smell of him made me see red.  Because of the way we met there were bodyguards watching me at all times.  There would be no chance to kill Viktor like I killed my father.  I never got pregnant again, much to Viktor's dismay.  He would come to my room to try and impregnate me on a daily basis, sometimes even many times per day.... But still no baby.  He grew more and more angry and beat me harder and harder as time went on.... He thought I was doing something to keep myself from having more children, but it was just not true.  

As time passed Viktor spent more and more time out of the house.  I suspect he was with a new woman.  One who would willingly participate in his endless need to fuck young women.  One who was like me, many years ago.  Someone who was infatuated with the Aura and Power only someone like Viktor could supply.  I wasn't mad, obviously I was happy to see him less and less.  I heard my guards whisper many times about this new girl, about her beauty.  I heard them whisper that they hoped they would get to have me before Viktor killed me.  I suspected at the time that Viktor, while he was a cruel man, would not allow such a thing to happen..... I know he took great pride in having women only he has been with.  I remained locked away in luxury, awaiting the inevitable.  I was kept closed off from everybody.  Still, through all this, when Viktor would come home he would demand we make more children.  He would tell me that no other woman he has met would have the courage or daring like I had the night we met.  When I refused, he took me anyway.  No longer was I able to call Bora, no longer was I given news of my sons....

This was my life, my own personal Hell.  I lived this way for about 4 years..... I was Helpless.

Then the infection hit.

met Zoya a little today, she seems kinda nice on the brief 20 seconds conversation i had with her. Very nice writing

Chinchilla    77

met Zoya a little today, she seems kinda nice on the brief 20 seconds conversation i had with her. Very nice writing

She's a tricky bitch lol

And thanks :D

Chinchilla    77

[mp3]http://puu.sh/jne3S/eeb77c9e9c.mp3[/mp3]

lQ4MijD.jpg?1

The infection came to town in a blaze of fire, gunshots and screams.  Locked away in Viktor's mansion I could only listen as the world around me burned.  Terrified I screamed for help, for news, information about my boys.  On of the nicer of Viktor's guards came into my room and gave me little bits of information.  His name was Edvard, and I suspected he lusted over me for quite a while.  He was technically "my" bodyguard.  He was constantly stationed outside my door.  It was this night that Edvard proved himself to me.  He came rushing into my room with a small handgun and magazines, a small backpack with some clothes in it, a large knife and canned food.

"Run Zoya!" he said, "Run to your children, make sure they're safe, Viktor has already fled the building."

I stood in shock.  Absolute amazement.  Chills ran down my spine...

"Shoot the infected, don't hesitate, right in the head" Edvard instructed as he tossed me a set a keys to a vehicle.

I didn't know what to say, tears started streaming down my face.  I gave Edvard a kiss on the cheek to say thanks.

I buttoned up my jeans, threw a green hoodie on over my shirt, grabbed my sunglasses and laced my sneakers tight.  I was just about out the door when I heard Edvard shout at me.

"I'll hold them off, you can drive out the back.  Get to your kids, if you run into Viktor just kill him."

I nodded and ran, when I got into the car the hum of the engine was like the sound of freedom.

Poetry is no place for a heart that's a whore

And I'm young & I'm strong

But I feel old & tired

Overfired

And I've been poked & stoked

It's all smoke, there's no more fire

Only desire

For you, whoever you are

For you, whoever you are

I drove West, as fast as I possibly could.  Edvards words repeating through my head.  The thought of my boys, not just for their safety, but to see them.  To hold them in my arms again.  Would they know me?  Would they recognize me?  Could they even still consider me their mother?  And what about Bora?  What had she done when she no longer heard from me?  Was she still hearing from Viktor?  Was Viktor going the same place as me?  Would I finally get to kill him?  Would Bruno try to kill me?  How much did he know?  Was he and Bora still together?  Were any of them even still alive?

It was such a mind fuck, the relief of freedom.  Driving through burning towns, dead bodies and wandering travellers...... It was beyond surreal.  When I finally arrived at the compound there were vehicles crashed against the wall.  Infected everywhere.  I drove right through a few of them, left the car running and jumped out.  1-2-3 I took out 3 more infected.  I called for my boys, for Bora...

2 more infected came from around the corner, and another behind me from the treeline.  I put the backpack on and raised my weapon again.  The first two fell easily, as I took aim on the other one something grabbed my ankle.  I looked down in a panic, one of the infected had grabbed me.  I shot twice, then stomped on it's head with my free foot.  The warm brain matter exploding around me.  The one from the treeline was close now, i took aim and shot him right in the left eye.  None of these infected resembled Bora or my boys, however it was clear that some of them were Viktor's men.  A familiar tattoo at the base of their necks, now rotting in the afternoon sun.  I ran to the Iron gate and pounded on them.... I got no response.... I fell to my knees, blood from the infected covered my foot and most of my jeans.  I began to cry.

I cried for my boys, for what must be the fate of my sister, for my uncontrollable rage towards Viktor.  I pounded on the door.  

"Zoya?" said a soft spoken voice, as the doors began to open.

You say my time here has been some sort of joke

That I've been messing around

Some sort of incubating period

For when I really come around

I'm cracking up

And you have no idea

No idea how it feels to be on your own

In your own home

with the fucking phone

And the mother of gloom

In your bedroom

Standing over your head

With her hand in your head

With her hand in your head

I got to my feet.  Wiped my eyes, took a deep breathe and opened my eyes.  Six men rushed out past me guns raised.  They ushered me into the gate.  Bora stood there, worry in her eyes.  She wrapped me in her arms... My little sister, comforting me.... saving me... like I saved her so many years ago.  

"Come" she said, as she led me through a series of fences and gates.  As we passed through each one a loud clang and a locking noise followed.  She took me by the hand and told me that the boys were ok.  Tears rushed from my eyes like a waterfall.  She told me about how Edvard had been sending notes to her over the past few years.  She knew everything Viktor was doing to me.  She told me that all the men loyal to Viktor had been removed from the compound as soon as they heard about the infection on the radio.  Bruno was boss here now, and little Bora, his wife.  They were raising my boys like their own.

We entered a small courtyard.  There was the original house I had lived in, tents and fires were set up outside for Bruno's men.  A series of greenhouses ran along the right side of the compound.  With Bora's hand holding mine she led me straight through the house.  We passed the kitchen and living area.  It was cozy, it felt lived in.  Paintings hung from the walls, along with photos of Bora and Bruno, and a large one of the two of them with my boys at the beach.  We continued to walk to the rear of the house and out the back door.  As we went through I saw them.  Standing there in matching jackets, 7 years old..... i fell once again to my knees.  

"Come, Come to Mama" I sobbed, looking at the started looks on their faces.  They looked at each other and ran to my arms.  I felt that if it were possible love would explode from every inch of my body.  Love and happiness.  In this moment I was free.  Free from the anguish, the pain, the hell that was the past few years with Viktor.  Free from being anything other than a Mother.

Sz5fC4Z.jpg?1

As I glanced up I saw Bora wrapped in Bruno's arms.  Bora crying, and a grin stretching across Bruno's face.  

I would learn about what has happened here, I will learn about how they managed to usurp Viktor and keep this place safe.  There would be time for that, tomorrow.  For the rest of the day I did nothing but be a mother to my boys.  We played outside, we read books inside.  We sang songs, and I cooked them their dinner.  How glorious this day was, how it still sings in my heart when I think about them.  That perfect afternoon, that near perfect day.  The horrors of the real world locked outside of these gates.  Smiles, tears hugs and kisses.  Love really is the best medicine for an aching heart.

Chinchilla    77

great read, nice work Chilla!

Thanks lucius! I've been having a lot of fun writing this one.

Sign in to follow this