Server time: 2017-08-18, 09:04

Sign in to follow this  
Tewudin

DayZRP "Civilization" Live Action Trailer

Tewudin    44

Hello there... again. Well... what is there to say. Some of you may think that this will be too much, doing another one live-action trailer but I really can't help it. When an idea appears in my head I just feel like at least I've to try to fulfill it and see how it'll look when I finish with it. Though I'll be honest with you guys. At first I wasn't going even to upload it. I wasn't sure if it'll be as good as the last one or if it'll be good at all but then I relized that it'd be some kind of cheating, not being honest with my goals. It's my hobby, I like video editting and I like to put my work on YouTube, even if I think it's not as good as it could be. If something is wrong or maybe even the whole video is bad then at least I can read comments about it and try better next time, yes? 

Okay, so this is my next live action trailer called "Civilization". It was done yesterday but since then I manage to fix some things, change the others etc. I hope you'll enjoy watching it. Please, give me some feedback on this, especially if you feel like something is wrong. :)

[video=youtube]http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOJgWSrmKfI

Unknown Entity    126

I'm going to be blunt: I don't see a point on using "irl" / movie images for a promotion video of DayZRP.

I'd much prefer a trailer axed around IG roleplay, or at least making it linked to our roleplay somehow (a narrated trailer, with actual DayZ footage).

More along the lines of the official one we have now made by Joffrey:

Tewudin    44

I'm going to be blunt: I don't see a point on using "irl" / movie images for a promotion video of DayZRP.

I'd much prefer a trailer axed around IG roleplay, or at least making it linked to our roleplay somehow (a narrated trailer, with actual DayZ footage).

More along the lines of the official one we have now made by Joffrey:

Yeah, well... you can call my video "unofficial" for DayZRP and I know what you mean. Trust me, I'd be glad to created a trailer with an IG footage entirely. I've even an idea for such trailer but due to my issues with PC, which weren't solved yet, I can't even play most of my games, not to mention that I can't record anything too because of that. I can tell you this - I've an idea for a trailer with IG footage but I'm not able to make one at this moment. Like I said (again), I like video editting so I decided to upload it anyway and share it with you guys. I know it isn't what you would want to see but... well, I explained myself already. Trust me, I'm not happy either that I can make something with IG footage. :(

Tewudin    44

the vid is great but I agree with Usx on this one

Yeah and I understand your POV. The next trailer, if there ever will be one, should be with some IG footage because I've no plans on making another one. At least, not until my computer will be finally fixed.

Vandy    34

Nice editing work, but why use DayZRP logo when nothing from DAYZ or DayZRP is shown in the video.

I like your work, but it's nothing related to our community. Don't be let down by our comments. Keep up the good work and hopefully we'll see some great work with ingame footage soon!

Tewudin    44

Nice editing work, but why use DayZRP logo when nothing from DAYZ or DayZRP is shown in the video.

I like your work, but it's nothing related to our community. Don't be let down by our comments. Keep up the good work and hopefully we'll see some great work with ingame footage soon!

No, I'm not let down. ;) So far, you reacted in a way I predicted. I mean, I suspected that people will be asking "Why?" but "Why" wasn't important for me. I just had an idea and wanted to do it so... I did it. Why use DayZRP logo? Well... I can't really answer that. I should've answer for all live action trailers in this world "Why even do it if they aren't really related to the game being it subject? They just promote the game but doesn't really show its mechanics and everything else.". Like I said, I can't really answer that question, even if I want to. :|

P.S I won't make any promises of course because I can't see the future and I'm not sure if in the end I'll be able to do it but all I can say is that at the moment I'd want to create a trailer with some IG footage. I've an idea, I even editted a music to fit this trailer. The only reason I didn't do it yet is that I can't record any footage without my PC freezing but I told you this many times so you guys probably know this already. :( Any progress in fixing it? Well... not really. I know what's a problem but it still a matter of weeks, unfortunately. I can't say more because that's all I know for now.

Well, you have nice editing skills :)