Server time: 2017-10-19, 05:26
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Jess Newton

Reports&banning

Jess Newton    2

The reports and bannings seem to be getting out of control, good RP'ers are getting banned and people are leaving the server because of it. If you're not getting killed by a troll then why go through with the report and get a good player banned? If you walk through a firefight and get killed.. your fault not theirs why get them banned for it? Mistakes are made sometimes and finding new gear after a death is easy. No need to get someone banned because of being a crybaby. It just seems that the butthurtness is really starting to hurt the server.. It's really starting to lose its appeal..

Now.. With that said.. I play a Free Medic..

So I am by no means defending myself or my friends.. I am just noticing all of this on the forums.. I have been killed 3 times by other players.. filed 1 report and settled it myself.. because I had thought I got killed by a troll.. when turns out I walked through an active firefight and didnt know it..

Yeah.. just wanted to rant about that.. The server was really fun up til about a week ago.

Agreed Jess.

People need to learn to take a breather, cool down and then rethink what happened. If something happens that annoys me or gives me a bad taste in my mouth then I log off to read a book or watch a film.

That gives me time to cool off and really think if it was that big of an issue. Usually I wait till the following day and then make a discussion to see if I missed anything.

Bear in mind, since I started here I don't recall filling in one report.

There have been a number of vengeful reports out there that are merely meant to be spiteful. It just looks petty and I don't feel it reflects the strong, fairly close-knit community that we do have here.

If people would just use the Reports Discussion forum more we can avoid so much drama and people can get on with playing.

Edit:

Saying that, if it was a blatant rule offence then we should act upon it. However, I would still suggest that everyone make a Discussion first rather than immediately make a report.

Guest Alpha   
Guest Alpha

Butthurtness? I am glad there is an advanced report system like this because this way people can be justified and punished for their wrongdoings. Imagine living in a country without court of law? Imagine everyone not giving a single fuck about thieves, murderers, etcetera.

Punishing someone for their actions has different purposes. First off, it's to prevent people from doing the same thing again in the future.

Next to that, it's to protect the others from the same person possibly rulebreaking again in the future, and putting other people's gaming experience at stake.

As well as that, it's to reeducate or rehabilitate the culprits somehow. Give them time to think about what they've done wrong and what they can do next time (if they're going to be given a second chance) to prevent it.

Also it's meant for retribution, to satisfy the victim(s) of the reported player by following their wishes. A punishment should be able to be adjusted slightly according to the wishes of the victims, in my opinion.

And at last but not least: it's to scare people off. It shows that the staff team is taking rulebreaking very serious and that if anyone else does it, they get punished severely, so you better follow the rules.

I know this all is just a game but if they would go really easy on rulebreakers and have a lot of tolerance for them, you can expect this server to be a shitstorm within days. I prefer having all immature rulebreakers to be banned and having to play on a server with only 10 players daily than playing on a server of which a good 80% are rulebreakers. (I'm not saying this is the case on DayZRP but it's just an example).

Quality over quantity!

Sky    1

If people would just use the Reports Discussion forum more we can avoid so much drama and people can get on with playing.

100% this. I've been a huge advocate of the report discussion subforum and I actively encourage people to use it before following through with an actual report. Its usefulness is so undervalued; it really can save a lot of hassle, for both the community and the staff.

Edit: To properly address the main point of your post, the only people getting banned are those who deserve it. You asked if you're not getting killed by a troll then why go through with the report and get a good player banned, but that's irrelevant. Regardless of if you're a "good RPer" or not, you are bound by the same rules as everyone else and are expected to follow them.

You mention people running into firefights and getting the shooter banned, which is something the GM's are very used to dealing with. If you're saying people were banned when they shouldn't have been, then I'd advise you link these reports to strengthen your argument, because from what I've seen, these types of situations have been dealt with fairly and consistently.

Jukki    1

Maybe make it so users cant post in report sections and only can fill report after opening discussion first?

Powdermen    0

Is it possible to get the actual Reports out of the Latest posts on the forum? When I'm only on the forums I just check that box and now 25/50% of those Latest posts are reports..

This way all the replies to a report-thread wouldn't be there and only the people involved would read it.

Win win for the admins/game-masters, the people involved in a report, and the people who just want to read the forums :)

Sky    1

Honestly, I like the idea of all reports being made in the report discussion forum initially, and are then made into a proper report if the OP wishes after the details have been discussed. Seems like a good way to avoid many false reports and situations where both parties come to their own resolution, from clogging up the report section.

I also like Powermen's suggestion. A little bit of segregation of the report section from the rest of the forum can only help. It'd help to keep people who aren't involved out of it by not having the thread put in their faces and keep the focus on the report limited to those who need to be there.

Reacher    2

If you ask me, it should be a requirement that all proposed reports start as a report discussion, so that attempts at resolving things between individuals involved has a chance.

Failing that, it's bumped to an official report.

If you ask me, it should be a requirement that all proposed reports start as a report discussion, so that attempts at resolving things between individuals involved has a chance.

Failing that, it's bumped to an official report.

That's what I wish could happen, when somebody get killed and start shouting "I'm so gonna report that", I always try to make them realise that a report discussion could figure everything out. Maybe it was a accident or simply a misunderstanding ?

Guest Cadan   
Guest Cadan

I don't like the system. Good people get banned by spiteful admins, take Wookie's for example.

Tortov    0

Honestly, I like the idea of all reports being made in the report discussion forum initially, and are then made into a proper report if the OP wishes after the details have been discussed. Seems like a good way to avoid many false reports and situations where both parties come to their own resolution, from clogging up the report section.

I also like Powermen's suggestion. A little bit of segregation of the report section from the rest of the forum can only help. It'd help to keep people who aren't involved out of it by not having the thread put in their faces and keep the focus on the report limited to those who need to be there.

+1. I've had instances where the report was written about 5 minutes ago, I'm beginning to organize a return of gear, but a GM makes an insta-verdict against my group and closes the report.

Caesar    438

I would totally support a requirement that all reports start as a report discussion. One problem though, if nobody respond and you can't get logs you would have to make it a report.

It would definitely cut down on the 7 page BS reports that get closed eventually wasting everyone's time. Also lets be honest, once something goes to a report people are less inclined to see others perspective. It is a me vs them mentality that we see in the adversarial court system.

Often if people are able they will try to fix up a wrong, most banned players are not purposeful rule breakers. Especially in regards to firefights, lets face it the game mechanics make following some of these rules difficult in situations.

I am against reports starting as discussions.

All we will see is every report being filled with everyone's "2 cents" thereby making every discussion larger and more complex to deal with if it becomes a report.

We need to encourage the use of the discussions forum but not enforce it to start that way. I do not think this suggestion would decrease the number of reports. All this will do is create more conflict and potentially lead to more potential reports being turned into a 7 page flame war.

+1. I've had instances where the report was written about 5 minutes ago, I'm beginning to organize a return of gear, but a GM makes an insta-verdict against my group and closes the report.

This usually own't happen mate unless the victim wishes to pursue the issue. We try to get an accurate PoV of what happened prior to making any judgement. That means speaking to the guilty party as well.

Rolle    2938

Changed report structure, added new description text and created a single report guide. Hopefully should result in less reports to deal with.

I agree with SumoS that starting with report discussion will get messy and before a thread can be moved to reports section it will be full of "my 2 cents" posts that are not relevant to the case.

Changed report structure, added new description text and created a single report guide. Hopefully should result in less reports to deal with.

I agree with SumoS that starting with report discussion will get messy and before a thread can be moved to reports section it will be full of "my 2 cents" posts that are not relevant to the case.

0XWy7Tn.png

Maybe some admins in other clans would be ann asset as well, and admin in RF, SGRU, CLF, Legion

A diverse range of GMs would be great to have. Please remember the difference between an 'Admin' and a 'GM'.

In regards to bull crap please specify what you mean?

Rolle    2938

Maybe some admins in other clans would be ann asset as well, and admin in RF, SGRU, CLF, Legion

I don't look at the clan tag of people who I think would make good GMs. If players from these clans prove to be active, responsible and dependable I'm sure they will be considered.

Maybe make it so users cant post in report sections and only can fill report after opening discussion first?

I like that, no but seriously this is getting out of control !

Report are now getting use to bargain in the same way as money, "give me this or I report you". Good people are sometimes getting banned for stupid mistake, I hate the way the report are currently used.

Maybe we should no be able to post report I mean, the main use of the "report" were primary to avoir hackers and rules breakers. When i'm talking about rules breakers, i'm talking about those who really break them. Not only because you did a mistake or you forgot something.

Most of the current reports are full of hate and are made in only one goal : Getting the other player/clan banned. Some people really need to calm down and realise that this is a game, nobody is perfect and that we are still here to have fun.

Report discussion, in my point of view should always be used in first place. Report are only for those who really deserve to be banned (Hackers,etc). We have a nice community, mature and great, we cannot let people getting banned because of reports and revenge.

If you are angry after someone because he killed you, take a deep breath, go outside a few minute or go watch a movie in the worst case make a report discussion to figure it out but NEVER start with a report in the only idea to get the other player banned.

I agree on the fact that we shoul'nt be able to post report at all, maybe only the GM should decide from the discussion if it's worthy of a report. This way, only true real breakers wil receive punishments.

I hope to see a more hardcore RP2 and this way, see some player back. People really need to calm down and stop the hate and the flame present in the reports, it's getting out of control.

Agreed, on another note tho it would be better to not have a permaban system but a system that simply adds more days banned every fuck up.

I know some players that leave because of friends not being able to play together anymore.

This is not a admin war, don't believe in things like this. Our admins/GM are all mature and impartial persons. They take decision in team and never will change the punishment because of their relation toward a player.

Agreed, on another note tho it would be better to not have a permaban system but a system that simply adds more days banned every fuck up.

I know some players that leave because of friends not being able to play together anymore.

This being said, if ever we decide to change the punishments and/or to remove the public access to report, etc. I think we will be able to get back a few good players. In my point of view, a other amnesty may be required, we really need to end this flame war currently present in the reports. I support the idea of removing report and promote the use of the discussion.

The current punishments standard are really high and because of all this flame and revenge reports, some good roleplayers have left. This is why I personnaly think that a other amnesty could be useful.

This is not a admin war, don't believe in things like this. Our admins/GM are all mature and impartial persons. They take decision in team and never will change the punishment because of their relation toward a player.

This being said, if ever we decide to change the punishments and/or to remove the public access to report, etc. I think we will be able to get back a few good players. In my point of view, a other amnesty may be required, we really need to end this flame war currently present in the reports. I support the idea of removing report and promote the use of the discussion.

The current punishments standard are really high and because of all this flame and revenge reports, some good roleplayers have left. This is why I personnaly think that a other amnesty could be useful.

I never said it was an admin war, the majority of our admins do what they can. All I am saying is it would be nice to see admins with diffrent points of view. No matter how mature a person is when a report regarding their friends comes up it is only natural to be biased. It's human nature to defend ones friends, we all do it.

With an admin in every clan the points of view can be seen from all angles. I understand they have a difficult job and I am not bashing here I am making a suggestion that may help the server down the road.

Sin    127

This is why GMs try to come to consensus with at least one, and usually more other GMs before declaring a verdict. Also why GMs recuse themselves from cases they're personally involved with.

Also, people change clans all the time. There'd be no way to enforce a qualified GM in every major clan.