Server time: 2017-10-17, 11:44
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Dustin

Just a general thought on AOGM

Dustin    0

So their has been a few reports on abuse of game mechanics referring to the cooking pot's within cooking pots or cooking pots on a portable gas stove. This is not a defend so and so or flame so and so so don't take this wrong, what is the difference between having a cooking pot on a portable gas stove, or say a protector case/medical kit? (when it's not broke)  When not broke a protector case can be used in the exact same way a cooking pot/pan on a stove, so in the future is having a dozen protector cases gonna be used as a abuse of game mechanics since you can stack and stack and stack a protector case/medical case? Or since it's a protector/medical case and not a cooking pot it's gonna be different?... Also along these lines what about say a High Cap vest, realistically you can't fit a assault rifle in a vest, but yet 90% of people do, If RP is ment to be more realistic and immersive wouldn't  you actaully use the equipment the way it's ment?

Like I said this is not a defend or flame deal, just a discussion.

AndreyQ    0

Stacking cooking pots, protector cases, medical kits is pure nonsense when you look at it from the realistic perspective and it will stay that way.

The fact that you have a MP5 in a highcap is indeed unrealistic but it does not give you any sort of advantage, it actually increases the chances of it getting damaged as far as I know.

Spartan    1227

It is also unrealistic to fit a motorcycle helmet in your jeans but it doesn't give you an advantage.

A cooking pot with a gascannister in a cookingpot with a gas cannister in a cookingpot with a gascannister in a cooking pot with a gascannister (and so on) gives you a clear advantage and it is unrealistic. And that is abusing of game mechanics

An mp5 in your vest doesn't provide you with more slots. So therefor it isn't an advantage.

Dustin    0

Yes yes I know it gives an advantage, but what about when Protector cases and Med kit's are fixed, is it gonna be the same offence when you stack and stack and stack a protector case? Or have a backpack full of Protector cases?

AndreyQ    0

Yes yes I know it gives an advantage, but what about when Protector cases and Med kit's are fixed, is it gonna be the same offence when you stack and stack and stack a protector case? Or have a backpack full of Protector cases?

It depends on the number of slots those are going to have.If the protector case will have 6 slots and you will stock those in order to have more space then yes it will be AOGM.If those are going to have only 4 then it won't give you any advantage but it is complete nonsense to stack them.Even if it would not be considered AOGM I will still find it pretty BadRP.

When it comes of having a backpack full of protector cases it does not break any rules.

Guest K-Jack   
Guest K-Jack

No those are part of the game and their specific function is to provide more space. The problem is when you have  a protector case with two items + another protector case which has 2 items + another protector case with two items etc etc.

Just dont stack stuff and youre fine

I hope that they will fix containters so it wouldn't be able to fit for example medic kit in medic kit.

Another problem is ability to stack stuff inside of spare clothes, vests etc. This also gives unfair advantage and cause "chaos". Many times i was opening cans and they were disappearing inside of my spare clothes for alt character.

Vandy    34

I hope that they will fix containters so it wouldn't be able to fit for example medic kit in medic kit.

Another problem is ability to stack stuff inside of spare clothes, vests etc. This also gives unfair advantage and cause "chaos". Many times i was opening cans and they were disappearing inside of my spare clothes for alt character.

This is indeed the most annoying thing. I constantly have this as well. This is why I always keep a few normal spaces open in my backpack. Just for opening cans.

About the OP.

Currently protector cases take up 6 spots and hold 6 spots themselves. I find this perfect. The protector case should not create more backpackspace.

Putting a med kit into a protector case could be seen as creating more backpack space (in the current build it is not possible), but still I would not directly see this as AOGM because you can only place one medkit into a protector case. And in the medkit you can only put medical gear, nothing else. My characther is a nurse and does haul allot of medgear with him, I always seek for protectioncases to put them in it.

Putting a protector case into another case into another case, and so on, would be considered as AOGM. Because you are clearly abusing a mechanic to create more backpackspace. You get an unfair advantage and is defenatelly over the top.

Putting a rifle into your vest might not seem realistic, but it's not an AOGM. As you do not get an unfair advantage of it.

To cut the story short. AOGM should not be seen as a rule to keep things realistic and to conform roleplay, but it's a rule to avoid unfair advantages.

This is indeed the most annoying thing. I constantly have this as well. This is why I always keep a few normal spaces open in my backpack. Just for opening cans.

The best thing is that i had free slots but still instead of going in to them cans were going in to the spare clothes.

BigRig    20

Ok say I have two cooking pots with gas stoves attached (not stacked inside each other) one is holding say 2x rice and the other is holding venison, Is this an AOGM since its actually holding food and not another pot/gas stove? I've rp'ed using them as a "moonshine still" before

Unknown Entity    126

Ok say I have two cooking pots with gas stoves attached (not stacked inside each other) one is holding say 2x rice and the other is holding venison, Is this an AOGM since its actually holding food and not another pot/gas stove? I've rp'ed using them as a "moonshine still" before

This is not abuse of game mechanics, it's meant to be that way.

It's only abuse if you cooking pots, in cooking pots, in cooking pots. Food in their is normal.

Guest Phat J   
Guest Phat J

The best advice I can give is just stay away from stacking Pots at the moment. It will only lead to a report and a ban.

The best advice I can give is just stay away from stacking Pots at the moment. It will only lead to a report and a ban.

It's pretty obvious when you are or aren't abusing the pot stacking. Just dont put two cooking pots in other cooking pots in a seemingly infinite loop.

Put food in cooking pots or just other items? That's fine. Ezpz vietnameezy

Lucky1911    86

..I always carry a extra set of clothes and a Hi-cap vest in my bag..biggest problem is stuff just disappears into it now i usually clear the items of any junk thats in the inventory every hour or so

nah it's abusing game mechanics if you have something inside something inside something else, you're basically making extra spots for yourself. I keep my pistol in my clothing inside a protector case and rp it out as if I take the rp it is in my jacket, mafia style

Rick    19

The reason is in the name of the rule itself: Abuse of Game Mechanics. 

Things like High Caps, med kits, and protector cases, are all mean to be that way. While it is unrealistic sure, it is not as if we can restrict people from using normal items. 

When you starting putting pots into one another, or having so many in your inventory, it stops being a broken game mechanic, and turns into an abuse of it.