Server time: 2017-08-18, 03:11

Sign in to follow this  
Artyom Bjorn

Making a Trading Hub

What if we made a universal trading hub in the server where players and traders can do business? This might remind some of you of barter town from mad max. Who run barter town? God I cant get that out of my head. Anyway, a area must be picked that gives safety and accessibility to all players easily. Traders would trade with the group of guards to protect and maintain order. A group of dayz rp would be established to protect traders and the hub of trading. i haven't thought of a name but feel free to help make one.  These guards would be paid in ammo and other items from the traders. A currency would have to be added. Like metro or fallout have to become something in large availability. Maybe a certain type of bullet or rags maybe? This is something that would make the community more connected and be lore friendly. Capitalism always finds a way to thrive.  Give me your input!

Well no one stops  you to do one.Just keepnit IG and don't post about it on the forums if you want it to last.

Guest CUDA   
Guest CUDA

There was one place that did it decently, but when you make trading the center of RP and the purpose of the compound you must make sure the RP you provide is top notch. 99% of the time I see people trading it makes me cringe and want to leave where ever the situation is taking place.

It's always a decent idea and if you've got the numbers and people willing to help you, it can work. However, there are always the individuals and groups that will want to be against you and rob/attack your so called trading hub, I've seen it many times. Somebody sets up something nice, and it usually end in being shut down or attacked by some mean people.

Vandy    34

If you want to create a trading hub, make sure you get the word out IC, and not by the forums.

If you broadcast such "safe heavens" and "trade hubs" via the forums, you will atrack the wrong attention.

A server/admin controlled safe zone for traders is somehting that has been suggestion in the past and that has been rejected for multiple reasons.

Davos    5

All I can do is wish you good luck man. We all love safe trade hubs, but it will eventually be attacked by one of the larger or violent groups and brought down.

Voodoo    357

If you want to make a place for trading I say go for it but in terms of a community trade post run by staff and with rules I have to say no.

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

If you build it, the bandits will find it eventually, and it will fail.  Happens all the time. People try to control GM, or Dolina, or Colony etc....   Bandits always come, and then the drama usually follows shortly after, then the place becomes a ghost town.  Usually takes 3-5 weeks for this process to complete itself. Then rinse and repeat at where ever the next location gets set up at is :)   Not being negative , just stating the facts as this is what always happens.

Glitch    15

Agreed on the no to the community trading hub. But IC would be very cool if you do it well. There isn't really anything common enough to be worth value for currency so I think equal trade would be just fine, trading out some ammunition for a different type. And again if you could RP out well, like really get a barter conversation going.

Chow    45

Go for it!

But remeber it will get attacked, violated, people will initiate on you.

You will have to fight them, or surrender..

But still to make it work properly one should wait for the persistance to be up and fixed. Gonna suck when you lose all your gear to server crash when it's all on the floor.

Chris    61

*Trade post PTSD kicks in*

Ark    198

*Trade post PTSD kicks in*

I died in that trade post ( by accident) and had a nice little funeral I hear.

But anyway if you want to make a trading area go for it but don't advertise it on the forums like people have said.

I have thought about it and read your comments. The best way to do this in my opinion is to form a group and be on the move to high populated areas such as green mountain. The group would be called the Traders of the Apocalypse. The group would have guards and traders which would be nomads. This would make sure there is no permanent setup for bandits to coordinate a attack but it is sad there isn't a permanent setup. D: