Server time: 2017-08-23, 19:12

Sign in to follow this  
TimothyRork17

Prosthetic Limbs

Just to break it down short and sweet, I was wondering if you can have any prosthetic limbs on your character as long as you RP out having one. 

For Example: [Rolls up right leg sleeve showing a metal prosthetic leg starting from the knee down to the foot] or [shows that his left hand is unmovable because it is fake]

I know this can get in the way for when Torture RP happens or when you get shot, but I just want to know if it is ok to do this as long as you give good rp reason for it.

Just to break it down short and sweet, I was wondering if you can have any prosthetic limbs on your character as long as you RP out having one. 

For Example: [Rolls up right leg sleeve showing a metal prosthetic leg starting from the knee down to the foot] or [shows that his left hand is unmovable because it is fake]

I know this can get in the way for when Torture RP happens or when you get shot, but I just want to know if it is ok to do this as long as you give good rp reason for it.

Hi Timothy,

My character does not use any prosthetics, nor have i met any with but this is a very unique idea! But you are allowed to have prostectics, as long as you dont use it to powergame other players in my opinion.  

BUT!

You should roleplay that the prostetic is injured if you are shot in the leg or wherever your replacement part is!

I am going to vote this be moved to General Discussions for more in depth discussion!

-Whip

/Moved to general discussions

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

I don't see anything wrong with it, but be prepared to have your prosthetic stolen, and all kinds of messed up things to happen to you and your limb :)

Hate to say it brother, but you just opened up a can of "i don't know what" and get ready for it :)

Things I will predict.

Prosthetic stolen

beaten to death with prosthetic

beat someone else to death with prosthetic

Prosthetic gets run over by Vs3 and crushed

Prosthetic gets chucked in the ocean and swallowed by a shark !

Defiance    96

Jack Lexton uses both a prosthetic hand and a prosthetic knee. He RPs it out every time and it's done very, very well.

His character has been perma-scarred over 90 times.

Vandy    34

Sounds like a great idea.

Do bear in mind what Doug stated. However, that should be still easy to overcome.

Hex    31

I remember some guy some time ago in the early days of SARP, he told me that he had to go to Namalsk to get a 'bio prosthetic arm' because his old one got cut off in the war.

Was the best RP i have ever had....ever.....right up there with the 12 year old telling me he is a navy seal.

Things I will predict.

Prosthetic stolen

I laughed harder than I should have

Janana    28

I'd hope that if you had a prosthetic leg, you'd RP a wobble an the unability to run unless you were seriously wealthy enough to afford a prosthetic that actually functioned as an extension to your actual leg. No sprinting from Green Mountain to Stary any time soon. The same for hands. Holding a two handle gun would be quite difficult, I would think.

-snip- 

Adding on to this, there are different leg prothetics for regular use and running. Would your character be carrying the extra set with him? You could RP switching if you planned on running. 

It could make for interesting RP if done correctly!

Hellspawnceri    482

Sounds pretty interesting, but I'm sure people are going to take advantage of your character left, right and centre. But maybe that's what you want.

I wish you good luck with this idea, it could make for some unique role-play.

Pussy    312

One piece of advice; if you play a character with prosthetic... please rely a lot on test role play when interacting with people. Due to game mechanics and character models, you don't get a chance to see how a character would move if they had a prosthetic leg --but through text role play you'll get more of an opportunity to show the characteristic. Also --like Tosh said-- sprinting for long periods of time would definitely be out. And it would be interesting if you walked with some sort of 'stutter' (Takes a few steps, then stops, then takes a few steps) as if to symbolize some sort of limp or irregularity. 

If it is a hand prosthetic, I would suggest sticking strictly to small firearms like handguns, that way it is a bit more believable that you would be able to shoot it with a standard prosthetic. Similarly, using a small, one-handed melee weapon like a combat knife instead of an ax. 

Definitely some interesting things you can do with that  type of character, but it would be a challenge!

Nocheluz    104

Things I will predict.

Prosthetic stolen

As did I :P

Pussy    312

-snip-

Doug is a funny, funny man. I especially like the part where he said "beaten to death by prosthetic". With the community being a lot of "baddy" groups right now... you're damn right that would happen :P

Nocheluz    104

Doug is a funny, funny man. I especially like the part where he said "beaten to death by prosthetic". With the community being a lot of "baddy" groups right now... you're damn right that would happen :P

Doug got me with this one! LoL! You KNOW it's true, along with just disrespectfully playing with the limb. Clown mask, balaclava, skull mask and somebody's limb. Happy Halloween!

Pussy    312

Doug got me with this one! LoL! You KNOW it's true, along with just disrespectfully playing with the limb. Clown mask, balaclava, skull mask and somebody's limb. Happy Halloween!

All I can imagine is a truly horrific rendition of hot potato. 

Wulfe    6

Sounds really cool actually, but it definitely would be capitalized upon. I would say, if it was something like a prosthetic leg that is hard to notice, maybe keeping it secret until you know you can trust someone. No need to go waving your peg leg all over the place, because it will be stolen.

A prosthetic leg lol, of course, they would survive a zombie apocalypse because fuck logic.

Jack Allen    18

I've seen this happen back during the mod times. Someone at the trading post had a prosthetic leg. He kept showing people how he could take it off. I don't know who it is, but he was a pretty cool guy!