Server time: 2017-10-17, 15:20
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
MatthewFC

Pots & pans

Question

MatthewFC    43

First of all: I'm sorry for making such a silly question and wasting everyone's time, but this report is pretty much forcing my hand.

Sometimes I do cook RP. More than just cooking meat/fish as the games mechanics allow, but RPing actual preparation of dishes. For accomplishing a (decent) preparation of "Special Sketties" (spaghetti bolognese) I had to carry 2 pots and 1 pan: 1 pot for boiling water and preparing the spaghetti, 1 pot for preparing the minced meat, and the pan for stir frying vegetables and the final preparation of the sauce. Since then, I carry all of those around, with their respective portable stoves and gas canisters.. And I do not shy away from storing items inside the pots/pans should the need arise.

So, is this number "acceptable"? Or do I have to discard something? Should I immediately go and report myself? Or does that classify as another BS report that seem so.... unpopular these times?

Now, seriously, what I narrated is true, but what number is an acceptable number of cooking pots & pans?

6 answers to this question

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

If I am understanding what you are saying correctly, then there is really no limit to what you put in your inventory. As long it is not abusing game mechanics (exploiting glitches). What i mean by this is, putting items inside of items, like for example

1- Backpack inside a backpack

2- Pot inside a pot inside another pot and so on.

3- Flare gun inside a flare gun inside a flare gun....

I am sure there are more examples that could be used , but this is a general overview. You are pursuing the correct course of action by creating a question thread.  Hope my answer makes sense, and I am sure others will post more examples of what is considered Abuse Of Game Mechanics. versus what is not.

Johnny    0

I think what the biggest thing is what could you realistically fit in it? I don't know how much cooking you do but i don't think i can fit one of my pans and a gas tank with a burner in it. As long as it is realistic you are fine. but if you are doing it so that you can cheat the slot space and fit more stuff, then you are Abusing the game mechanics.

Rick    19

Well in the report you linked, the accused had 8, which cannot be justified for any RP use.

With these types of things, there really isn't a number where it does and doesn't become a rule break. Three is fine, as that really isn't excessive, and you obviously have an RP reason behind it.

Typically, you can tell somebody's motivation behind things such as this. Having a ton of pans with no gas canisters is obviously abusing the mechanic. Having three with stoves attached indicates a separate motive.

MatthewFC    43

If I am understanding what you are saying correctly, then there is really no limit to what you put in your inventory. As long it is not abusing game mechanics (exploiting glitches). What i mean by this is, putting items inside of items, like for example

1- Backpack inside a backpack

2- Pot inside a pot inside another pot and so on.

3- Flare gun inside a flare gun inside a flare gun....

I am sure there are more examples that could be used , but this is a general overview. You are pursuing the correct course of action by creating a question thread.  Hope my answer makes sense, and I am sure others will post more examples of what is considered Abuse Of Game Mechanics. versus what is not.

What you're saying was my exact understanding of the rule of thumb up to now. But, as I say on the opening sentence, this has been contested by this report:

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-S1-ABOGM

The accused (found guilty of abusing game mechanics) has in effect lots of pots on portable stoves, but no stoves nested inside of stoves or anything like it. So, if having "lots of pots" is abusing game mechanics, does having 2 pots and 1 pan as I currently do for RP purposes constitute abuse?

I think what the biggest thing is what could you realistically fit in it? I don't know how much cooking you do but i don't think i can fit one of my pans and a gas tank with a burner in it. As long as it is realistic you are fine. but if you are doing it so that you can cheat the slot space and fit more stuff, then you are Abusing the game mechanics.

I can only guess you thought I'm nesting cooking pots inside of cooking pots. No, I'm not :D

Well in the report you linked, the accused had 8, which cannot be justified for any RP use.

With these types of things, there really isn't a number where it does and doesn't become a rule break. Three is fine, as that really isn't excessive, and you obviously have an RP reason behind it.

Alright, thanks for the answer! If no one disagrees with this, the question might as well be solved.

Johnny    0

-Snip-

-Snip-

I can only guess you thought I'm nesting cooking pots inside of cooking pots. No, I'm not :D

-Snip-

-Snip-

The reason i said that was due to the fact that is what staff is trying to prevent (This is just what i have put together what they say may differ.)  They have to nip this stuff in the butt or it gets out of control. There is no reason you could not be a traveling cooking pots sales man and have 6+ cooking pots. They just dont want people using the cooking pots to abuse the system.

Whip    0

Hi Matt,

Im Glad you Found the answer to your question!  

Even though there is not a direct limit to what you can carry on must use common sense to what might be abuse in this communities eyes. As long as you are not using it to gain an advantage on other players, such as a more inventory space it is fine.  

With that being said ill solve this!

Please feel free to continue to discuss this,  or ask any other questions you might have!

-Whip

/soled