Server time: 2017-10-18, 00:14
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Credidred

The Vybor Trade Post : I would love to see something like this again

Credidred    18

Hello there everyone. I don't know if anyone remembers going to Timmy Dedrick's trade post over a few months ago? I really did think that was an awesome setup. Unfortunately it didn't last too long as it was probably too easy to raid the post. 

I really wish we could have more base building capabilities, I reckon it would be great to have a trade post to perhaps even marketplaces more often. I'm not asking for something from 'The Witcher' where there are loads of stalls with RP players trying to get your business. ( Even though that would be hilarious) but i really think trade posts would open up more RP and a means to get the gear you desire in the community. 

But as I said we need buildable walls, gates and all that good base constructing stuff first. 

AT least nails are out YAY! 

Credidred    18

You can always start one yourself...

Good point. But not without some form of defence so people can't easily run over everything i've worked so hard for lol

AndreyQ    0

Good point. But not without some form of defence so people can't easily run over everything i've worked so hard for lol

Trust me you can.It is not hard to set something up and the fact that it gets destroyed so quickly is because people make the mistake of posting on the forums: "Hey I have a trade post right here.Come here and have fun.What can go wrong?" If you keep it IG and IG only I can assure it will last.

Samaritan    343

If another one does get set up I advise that it be nomadic. Trade posts do not last too long in one place due to obvious reasons. As stated above by AndreyQ keep the location IG. As soon as you post the loctaion on the forum the place is doomed to fail.

Autumn    127

If another one does get set up I advise that it be nomadic. Trade posts do not last too long in one place due to obvious reasons. As stated above by AndreyQ keep the location IG. As soon as you post the loctaion on the forum the place is doomed to fail.

Words of wisdom +1

Yes I suggest keeping in game as well. You might think that letting the forum know about it is a good idea. It's not, brings bandits, vagrants and trolls. What you could do is a roving trade post that cycles 5 locations. A decent enough distance apart for bandits to not want to check all 5.

Just an idea. However GLHF

You can always hire few guys from AFRIKAANSE SEKURITEIT OPLOSSINGS

Guest AsOiX   
Guest AsOiX

In my opinion, this is pointless until base building comes in. You can build trading posts then, now, it's just a trading post in the open with tons of buildings around to get shot from.

Credidred    18

You can always hire few guys from AFRIKAANSE SEKURITEIT OPLOSSINGS

I'm sorry bro,  i couldn't afford to pay you in blood diamonds

In my opinion, this is pointless until base building comes in. You can build trading posts then, now, it's just a trading post in the open with tons of buildings around to get shot from.

Exactly!. That's my point right there. Even more so in the rest of the servers. Because of KOS rules in Dayzrp you can't ping off someone out of the blue from miles away,  but people can still run up on you in numbers nevertheless.

Guest Kenji   
Guest Kenji

timmy is no longer in the mercantile business

he is in the hero business now

we need you back so that we could rob you :( dont you remember the good ole times where we fucked up the trading post?

Credidred    18

Fair play Tim it was good why it lasted. Im sure i'll bump into you soon

we need you back so that we could rob you :( dont you remember the good ole times where we fucked up the trading post?

Have to say, can't wait till we can base build properly. If your group last that long I look forward to seeing snake mountain.