Server time: 2017-10-23, 15:31
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Thumper

Stop reporting bullshit.

Thumper    0

Seriously, guys and gals. Stop wasting staff time and computer resources on, dumb, petty reports. We all have better things to do than report people for significantly minor infractions. Seriously I'd be ashamed I were you. If it doesn't ruin your experience, or break a rule, a simple PM or poke on TS would suffice.

Rolle    2979

Oh shiet, here we go :popcorn:

Skeetsi    0

+1

People should stop reporting troll RPers, they add fun encounters to RP

:troll:

Quite a few petty reports though. They end up getting /closed

Oliv    1888

my god some one thinks the same as I do!

the only thing I enjoy about the stupid reports is the the drama that the bring...

*A loud announcers voice can be heard*

"LAST TIME, ON THE DayZ OF OUR FACTITIOUS LIVES..."

*cue soap opera intro music*

Volke    131

Seriously, guys and gals. Stop wasting staff time and computer resources on, dumb, petty reports. We all have better things to do than report people for significantly minor infractions. Seriously I'd be ashamed I were you. If it doesn't ruin your experience, or break a rule, a simple PM or poke on TS would suffice.

Aren't you only supposed to make a report if a rule is broken? I can attest that perhaps we have a bit too much of a report-go happy community, but at the same time If people feel there is a rulebreak or the situation wasn't a fulfilling experience shouldn't they make a report?

Also from my understanding , people who make silly stupid reports in order to get someone banned based off OOC got like a 7 day false report

+1

I bow down to you Thumper, truer words have never been said.

Samaritan    350

Everyone has the right to create a report thread if they think that a rule has been broken; however I might not say it quite the same as you but I do have to agree that some of the reports that I've read have the distinct whiff of being petty and could have been resolved through the PM system or on TS. Sometimes educating someone on their infraction is better then reporting them for something very minor. If however they aren't receptive to the advice then a staff view on the situation may be required.

I think that too many people create a report while still annoyed about the situation rather then there actually being a rule break. Take a step back and ask yourself a question, has a rule been broken so do I really need to make a report? If in doubt contact a member of staff via PM or TS to ask if they would advise making a report.

"A moment of patience in a moment of anger prevents a thousand moments of regret" - Ali Ibn Talib

Thumper    0

Aren't you only supposed to make a report if a rule is broken?  I can attest that perhaps we have a bit too much of a report-go happy community, but at the same time If people feel there is a rulebreak or the situation wasn't a fulfilling experience shouldn't they make a report?

Also from my understanding , people who make silly stupid reports in order to get someone banned based off OOC got like a 7 day false report

Absolutely. If a rule was broken, make a report. I'll be the first one to tell you that. But, for the love of all that is uholy you need to not only use common sense in playing,  but in reporting. You should ask yourself questions before determining if it worth reporting. I'll make a guide.

Aren't you only supposed to make a report if a rule is broken?  I can attest that perhaps we have a bit too much of a report-go happy community, but at the same time If people feel there is a rulebreak or the situation wasn't a fulfilling experience shouldn't they make a report?

Absolutely. If a rule was broken, make a report. I'll be the first one to tell you that. But, for the love of all that is uholy you need to not only use common sense in playing,  but in reporting. You should ask yourself questions before determining if it worth reporting. I'll make a guide.

Please do ASAP

Stagsview    625

Okies guys. Before this thread goes into a +1, o7 lad, Top fella thread let's try and discuss this civilly. Thumper, I know what you are on about but try and explain a bit more on your OP :)

Joffrey    894

Folks should just like.. amass evidence in front of themselves.. point out the very horrible rule break they've observed.. then sit on it for 24 hours. After a day if they are still in the frame of mind that what happened to them IN FACT was harmful to the DayzRP experience... then report it. Ain't no problem in waiting a day to drop a report. Staff aint goin' no where. They can handle it the next day if in fact it was real harm. Also it gives you time to cooldown and review the evidence for yourself... decide to try and resolve via TS. All that jazz.

Volke    131

I can agree :) ,the people that make petty reports are fueled usually by ooc hate, in order to get a person punished as in someway to get revenge for the situation. Sometimes, people aren't happy of the situation and then throw the book at them, accusing them of a ton of a rule breaks, hoping they find one that sticks.

The sad thing is if you actually made a guide, the people that should be reading it, most likely wouldn't :(.

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

It is the right of every community member to file a report if they feel a rule violation has occurred.  While some may seem petty, and some may not, it is up to the GM team to render their verdict and to engage all invested parties in a potential discussion to clear things up if needed.  

All of these factors are discussed among the staff team and has a outcome on the verdict. TBH this thread just comes off as a rant.  If you have a solid suggestion or idea, please feel free to share though.  We do not want to stifle discussions or suggestions that could benefit the community. With that being said, ranting does not really accomplish anything :)

Oliv    1888

The sad thing is if you actually made a guide, the people that should be reading it, most likely wouldn't :(.

Move the pass phrase to the guide. Or part of it. Hide pieces of the pass phrase in all different rules, that way there is no way that they couldn't have read them or the required guides, such as I hope this becomes.

Husky    0

I just wish people would at least take the decency to contact the person they're reporting first, this obviously relies on the rulebreak, if it's a troll or hacker etc you should obviously report it as soon as possible.

Agree with Samaritan everyone has the right to report if they think a rule has been broken regardless of how small or large the rulebreak maybe its everyone's own right to report. It is the staff's job to deal with it, its not wasting our time it is what we are here to do .

I may not deal with reports directly and yes I may only be a CH however its like telling the community to stop asking " stupid questions " its just not something that should ever be said.

All community members are allowed to post a report you know yourself if it is a false report they will be punished.

I see what your trying to say however I disagree with the way you have presented it sorry.

Thumper    0

It is the right of every community member to file a report if they feel a rule violation has occurred.  While some may seem petty, and some may not, it is up to the GM team to render their verdict and to engage all invested parties in a potential discussion to clear things up if needed.  

All of these factors are discussed among the staff team and has a outcome on the verdict. TBH this thread just comes off as a rant.  If you have a solid suggestion or idea, please feel free to share though.  We do not want to stifle discussions or suggestions that could benefit the community. With that being said, ranting does not really accomplish anything :)

I ain't rantng. Thumper don't rant. I speak bunt, honest truth. Think before you report.

Hex    31

Can we report reports now?