Server time: 2017-08-23, 23:17

Sign in to follow this  
Alphagunner20

Posting

Question

Hey-ho people. Came to turn to you guys again ^^

I read somewhere around the forums, that if you post to the "introductions and farewells" part, then your post doesn't make your counter go up.

I just want this to be confirmed and if it works for any Off-Topic and Forum Game threads as well

8 answers to this question

Jack Allen    18

Forum games and Off topic posts don't do anything for you, if your trying to get your posts up. Introductions and farewells also don't count as posts.

JDoberman    44

Post count only works in certain sections of DayZRP forums.

Anything that is off-topic or unrelated to DayZRP won't give you a post count, which should include Introductions.

Which means, you will gain post count of "In-Character" sections or other various things.

Okay thanks guys :)

Didn't want to get my posts up just messing about.

My question was answered it could be /solved now

Hey Alphagunner20!

So, you and the others are correct. Posts in the "Introductions and Farewells" section as well as Off-Topic and Forum Games will not contribute to your post count. 

Since your question has been answered I will put it down as solved!

Samaritan    258

On a side note. Make sure that your posts are relevant to the thread. Sometimes you see one word or very short sentences that bring nothing to a discussion and they are an obvious attempt to increase their post count. Just read through the forum and post in threads that interest you and your post count will rise in no time at all.

On a side note, if you're looking to get your posts up just make sure that your posts are relevant to the thread. Sometimes you see one word or very short sentences that bring nothing to the discussion and they are an obvious attempt to increase their posts count.

Okay, thanks Samaritan :D

I'm not the man of one word off-topic answers anyway so no problems there ^^

Samaritan    258

-SNIP-

-SNIP-

No worries. I edited my post slightly.

It wasn't really directed towards you, my comments were directed to other people who might read this thread. :)

Chris    61

On a side note. Make sure that your posts are relevant to the thread. Sometimes you see one word or very short sentences that bring nothing to a discussion and they are an obvious attempt to increase their post count. Just read through the forum and post in threads that interest you and your post count will rise in no time at all.

I always loved the front page threads, when people would post, "Sounds great!" or "I can't wait!" on a forum announcement about server downtime or something....

Those kinds of posts should really be moderated, it's really endemic to the front page threads in the later pages/older threads.