Server time: 2017-10-20, 16:23
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Coyote Tactics

Consent / Calling Off RP

Question

Greetings all! First post, waiting for my application to go through. I've been looking through some of the threads here, and have a question.

When I have done improv there is always a way to just ditch out of a scene that doesn't work. Someone hauls you into a situation, it is poorly done and no fun except for them [i have an NSFW term for this, but uncertain if such language is allowed here], and you just want out. You don't wnat to get trapped being miserable because someone wants to get their rocks off.

Is there a way/rule to do that on the RP servers? Example;

A; "Greetings, stranger! I'm on a supply run, do you know where I can find a nearby well? I'll just be in and out, I'm unarmed."

B; "Put your hands up!" *at gunpoint*

A; "Alright, alright, what is the problem? I can leave, I don't want any trouble."

B; "Take off all of your clothes or I will break your legs! I am mad! MAD!!!"

Or "B" claims to have some sort of power, declares actions for you, restricts what you can do, and just makes it no fun and in no quality way. Could "A" just give an "//OOC This RP scene doesn't work well for me, I'm just going to leave and pretend this never happened"? I understand not ditching out of bad situations for your character, but if someone is going to ruin the entertainment of others in a very poor manner, can we get out of that situation without having to RP our way out?

9 answers to this question

Guest CUDA   
Guest CUDA

Uhh . No never do that. The only reason you would have to do this is if you log in to a Hostile situation that is already in progress. You have a duty to role play in this community. If you feel some one is doing bad rp make a report don't go OOC and avoid RP.

Hex    31

If I'm understanding your question correctly, no, there is no way to do that as it breaks RP pretty heavily. Just because I dont agree with what someone is doing to me/my friends, as long as its within the rules I have to go along with it, even if it is breaking the rules, I'm obliged to stick it out and write a report about any rulebreaks after.

Shark    0

Simply wanting to get out of a situation because you do not like the consequences of what may happen would fall under the guise of bad roleplay. This is not the same as improv where, as you stated, you can just call it off. Let it flow naturally as you would do with anything in a real life scenario, with all rules in mind. You would have to continue it as normal. Now, if a rule was broken during the situation, again just let it happen then you can deal with rule breaks later.

Brad    158

What's the rule about improv?  Always say yes, never say no?

Like improv, RP is at it's best when you go into something unexpected and roll with it.  

May even suprise the hell out of you!

:)

Rick    19

Simply put, no, you cannot. Just because you don't like a situation, doesn't mean you can magically get out of it. We try to promote as much realism as possible while maintaining a fun environment, and this would create very unrealistic scenarios.

/Solving

Brad    158

-gotRickRolled-

Johnny    0

Here is the think that has kinda already been talk about in other post. Rp even Robbery Rp is suppose to be enjoyable for both sides. So if you feel that the RP is over the line or 100% un enjoyable just make a report. Sure you might have to be miserable for a little but if the person is truly showing BadRP then they will get just punishment for it. So the answer for your question is no. There is no way out of it. The best you can do is record and report.

Cool, so go with it, but report if it is true bad RP. Thanks for the notes!

As for improv rules, yup it is always "yes" to let the flow go. But of course no one can ever truly force you into something. If it is something that really makes me uncomfortable I suppose it would be due to meta-gaming, which we have rules against. Thanks again for the well thought out and polite responses!

Brad    158

No prob!  Good luck on the app!