Server time: 2017-08-24, 10:48

Sign in to follow this  

Vehicle Initiation

I was thinking about just posting a question thread but decided to make it a discussion as I would like to hear the communities opinion, and maybe get a discussion going.

So basically myself and a mate were in Gorka and we were roleplaying with some people. The guy that we had been roleplaying with prior decides to commandeer our truck. I approached the truck and said to the guy, "Yo. Mate, get out of our truck" Part of this was said whilst the engine was off, and the other when the engine was on. I decided to text initiate just to be certain. The time it took for myself to write out quite frankly an absolute rubbish initiation was long enough for him to get somewhat away. I'm just curious, as to whether or not a text initiation was needed in this case considering how close to the truck I was when I told him to get out, also wondering whether or not the text initiation was needed since most of it was when the engine was off.

Did playing by the rules hinder the situation here? 

[video=youtube]

Link for mobile : 

Guest K-Jack   
Guest K-Jack

Pretty sure that stealing the truck that visibly belongs to someone else is a hostile action and thus you dont need an initiation. The moment he turned on the engine you should have shot him.

EDIT: This statement has been approved by a GM, so yes you should have shot him.

Guest slummylemon   
Guest slummylemon

Pretty sure that stealing the truck that visibly belongs to someone else is a hostile action and thus you dont need an initiation. The moment he turned on the engine you should have shot him.

EDIT: This statement has been approved by a GM, so yes you should have shot him.

Well shit..

Next time..

Brad    155

Text initiations in trucks are a must, in this case if you guys would have killed him, there is no way he could have battled not knowing what was going on (besides the obvious point of you guys running up to the truck to stop him).

He likely heard the Voip but he also did start the engine halfway through, and may not have been looking through the side window (although I doubt if he didnt see you coming).  

The text may have hindered you, but you did the right thing.

By stealing your vehicle, he committed a hostile action against you, therefore you gained KOS rights. You played it safe by text initiating on him which is always good. You were in the right in this situation and played it out well by what the rules dictate.

Text initiations in trucks are a must, in this case if you guys would have killed him, there is no way he could have battled not knowing what was going on (besides the obvious point of you guys running up to the truck to stop him).

He likely heard the Voip but he also did start the engine halfway through, and may not have been looking through the side window (although I doubt if he didnt see you coming).  

Would a text initiation be required if the engine was not on?

Guest K-Jack   
Guest K-Jack

Text initiation is required always for vehicles. However I stand by my earlier statement: stealing a truck is a hostile action and you had KOS rights on him. You played it safe which is fine but keep in mind for the future if the truck is visibly yours and someone takes it then you gain KOS rights.

Brad    155

I wouldn't think so, with the engine off you should be heard clearly.  It's a good way to cover your ass if he doesn't hear you but without the engine on, it would be easy to hear what is being said that close.

Janana    28

I think it's better to be safe than sorry. Text initiate to let them know you're initiating instead of just lighting him up and then waiting to see a report come up about you killing them. :P

Guest K-Jack   
Guest K-Jack

Text initiations are mandatory for vehicles whether the engine is on or not.

From KOS rule section:

When initiating on vehicles it is required to use both voice and text chat to avoid misunderstandings.

Text initiations are mandatory for vehicles whether the engine is on or not.

From KOS rule section:

When initiating on vehicles it is required to use both voice and text chat to avoid misunderstandings.

Cheers, I read over the rule and thought it was somewhat vague.

And what about situation:

Driver: If you won't stop touching my truck i'll run you over

Me: *hits truck with baseball bat*

Driver: *starts engine and starts driving*

So did i gained KOS rights on him after what he said and did?

I wrote initiation after he started driving but he got away and probably he didn't "heard" that...

I wrote initiation after he started driving but he got away and probably he didn't "heard" that...

Sounds like baiting to be honest. If the truck was his, and you start hitting it with the bat, he's most likely going to initiate. If you act upon his initiation and kill him or attempt to then it is considered baiting.

If the truck was yours however, and he got in it to hijack it and then you start hitting it with a baseball bat, then you can go ahead and kill him.

Correct me if I'm wrong on anything.

Sounds like baiting to be honest. If the truck was his, and you start hitting it with the bat, he's most likely going to initiate. If you act upon his initiation and kill him or attempt to then it is considered baiting.

If the truck was yours however, and he got in it to hijack it and then you start hitting it with a baseball bat, then you can go ahead and kill him.

Correct me if I'm wrong on anything.

Truck was him. He came 10 mins before the restart to Stary Sobor to get the crash site and new truck. So me and my friend we forced RP on him (we were playing on our alt characters - Chernarussian Hooligans) but he was fishy etc so we became more hostile. My friend opened the hood of his truck and driver said - if you touch my truck again i'll run you over. My friend told him "you don't own this truck you foreginer mrcha, you don't own anything here" or something like that. So i said "Fucking kurva" and i hit his truck baseball bat.

We just provide hostile RP mixed with banter and fun - like hooligans. We don't bait anyone. We don't even want to kill anyone as long as someone threat us. We re-initiated on that guy later but instead of RP he decided to avoid it and to shot at us.

Oliv    1572

Good to know, had a similar situation over the weekend where a truck I rolled up in was stollen after I set up what could have been some decent RP scenario. Good to know for future.

Jester    48

So stealing a truck is a hostile action? I need to know if it gives me instant KOS rights. I am tired of going to the Main areas people RP and having my trucks stolen and not being sure if i can shoot the driver and passanger or not

Hades Juran    1

The way it works, from what I understand has been stated by admins before, is that if someone steals the truck when the owner and or owner's group is at it, guarding it in some way, that grants kos rights on the thief. If there are no people around and protecting the truck, that is a different type of situation.