Server time: 2017-08-17, 11:30

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Damon

Scoliosis.

Guest Damon   
Guest Damon

Well, I went to the doctor today. They did not exactly have the news I was hoping for. I am going to get an x-ray tomorrow, I'll upload them here for you guys to see. I'm hoping it isn't too bad and I hope my options of treatment don't exactly consist of a brace or surgery. I am not really scared, I feel pretty numb to it all like I'm just doing it to get it over with. I was pretty depressed for a bit because this is not exactly the most fun thing in the world. Thankfully I live in the largest medical center in the world, so that should help. 

Any stories or any help would be appreciated.

tnkydoe    14

My lung collapsed yesterday. Worst pain of my life tbh.

I knew a couple girls in school with scoliosis and they played sports and everything just fine. I imagine you should be okay.

Guest slummylemon   
Guest slummylemon

You'll Live :troll:

No But honestly Man I Cant imagine it would be too bad.. i mean you've been living with it up to this point yeah?

Your A Savage, Im Sure you'll be fine <3

Hollows    410

My dad's an orthopedic surgeon. He told me to tell you that it won't be as bad as they might make it out to be. He said that depending on your spinal alignment and the severity of the scoliosis, you'll either be on medication and a back brace for a few months/year(s) or you will have spinal corrective surgery, where they drill metallic rods in your spine until they straighten out. He didn't say if they ever remove it or not, but I think they do. They remove metallic rods for broken collar bones, so that's my assumption.

TL;DR, don't worry. 99.99% of scoliosis is treatable, so you'll be fine. It'll just take time.

JarmanIV    1

Damn sorry to hear that dawg. If you can get through being banned from dayzrp you can get through anything. Stay strong

Brad    155

Never fun getting news like that, hoping the best for you man!