Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Diremast

Consumable vodka?

Consumable vodka?   

24 members have voted

1. 1. Consumable vodka?

Diremast    0

As you all know I myself have started a project regarding opening a bar which would serve liqour to the public, for a modest price of course. The purpose for this bar will be roleplay and it will also be a part of the TOR settlement project.

With that being said, is drinkable vodka something that you would want to see on this server? I have talked to some of the devs and they have informed me that to implement custom effect from consuming vodka would be very hard and but just to implement an option to consume would not be a big problem. This would mainly be done for RP purposes that is.

What do you think? Leave comments and suggestions below if you have them!

Thanks for your time!

I'm all for it, the Liberation Front is made of real Chernarussians who drink the real vodka !

Hope to see this feature soon.

It should not be to hard to make, only add a "consume" option on a vodka. Would be great also if the item vanish once you consumed it !

Tortov    0

Yes, but that's gotta be hard.

There's no drinking animation, son would this add to roleplay encounters?

Should it hydrate you? Alcohol takes a lot of water out of your system.

Diremast    0

When I spoke to the devs, they told me it would prob be the same animation as drinking water or soda. Perhaps with another sound?

I don't think it needs to have animations. Simply make it like the soda or other drinks. It's strictly for roleplaying purpose, because real chernarussians loves vodka.

For the side effects, I don't really know what the devs can do with that. I'm sure they can add some cool features with the vodka ?

But there is no obligation. Simply being able to drink would be awesome.

Same thing if there were cigarettes, only being able to "smoke/consume" it without animation still works. It's for RP purpose.

Tortov    0

When I spoke to the devs, they told me it would prob be the same animation as drinking water or soda. Perhaps with another sound?

It's just the animation for drinking is crouching down and looking at the dirt, that's certainly not how I drink vodka.

Custom sound, he he :)

Personally I gain no RP experience from clicking on an item which also uses valuable inventory space unless it has a visible and vaguely realistic animation.

It's just the animation for drinking is crouching down and looking at the dirt, that's certainly not how I drink vodka.

Yea sadly... But that's the best we can probably do for the moment.

But custom sounds would be very nice, wwe should actually add more cutom roleplaying object like this, it add more immersion.

Personally I gain no RP experience from clicking on an item which also uses valuable inventory space unless it has a visible and vaguely realistic animation.

Maybe not for you, but there are alot of people who actually like to have additional immersion. Don't you think it would be nice to go in a bar, in a settlement builded by TOR, sit down and drink vodka around a fire ? It's all for RP.

Diremast    0

I see your point, but the same goes for soda or water. I would simple stand up since I have two legs to use and drink it from there. But the Arma II engine is not perfect. As I said this would be used for roleplay since it might not even have a real effect on the character.

Meh just a reskinned soda, why not!?

Exactly what we were thinking from the beginning. No need to add side effects if it's too much work, maybe just custom sound effect ?

It's mostly going to be use for roleplaying purpose so... But with that, we could add more RP objects like cigarettes, etc.

Blizzard    0

all you have to do is use the screen shake animation with some sort of blur effect.

Blizzard    0

yea and make the shake/blur worse after each shot/drink untill you pass out. this game needs ragdoll physics for hilarity reasons.

Tomeran    3

It doesnt need a custom special effect thingie, that's what roleplay is for. A tradable vodka item would be very nice. Personally I dont mind just emoting drinks and such, but I can see how having an actual item backs it up a Little.

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

Should temporarily raise your body heat and act like morphine.