Server time: 2017-10-19, 00:07
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Primus Palus

Good Luck Everyone... Thanks!

I just wanted to pop in and say goodbye to the guys I had fun with and recognize a few groups as I leave the community.

Delta - You guys were fun to run in the game with. Doing the joint ops we did and getting into the different scenarios we did, was the best times I had on the server. Thanks for the good run and I hope you continue to defend Chenarus with the 24th MEU.

Legion - I may not have liked your style, but you guys are capable. I highly enjoyed the Northeast Airfield battle we had which dominated the server for a good hour. Lots of people got involved in that and I hope the MEU can get involved in similar large events.

Free Medics - Keep on healing medics! You guys have a great theme and something worthwhile in the game. You're probably one of those good guy groups that's most needed on the server. Keep it up.

Sapphire - Thanks for dropping in on our TeamSpeak and showing support for our alliance. I appreciate the feedback you gave us and your willingness to get involved in our training to improve the MEU in the game (with how many new people we have).

There's many more I'd like to say goodbye to, that have impacted my gaming here in some way... but this would go on too long. Just because I don't mention you, doesn't mean you weren't an impact (positive or negative).

I'll say only this as to my reasoning... I can't in good conscience play on a server with an administration that punishes people for undocumented, made up rules when a person simply wants to help. As a former active duty Marine, a current Law Enforcement Officer, and a father of two... morals, honor, and principles are very important to me. I abide by them everyday of my life and instill them in my kids. I likewise expect that of people I come in contact with daily, and what happened recently to me, I can't accept (no matter how small or inconsequential to you). It's all about principles for me.

That said, the 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit will be guided by 2nd Lieutenant Everett here in the community who is our Fox Company Commander (Fox being ArmA and Day Z). He will be the point of contact for any problems, concerns, or interest in alliances for the community. The MEU will continue operating on the server as they always have and will continue to make a significant impact. I await the standalone.

Anyway, good luck everyone. Was fun while it lasted. No you can't have my stuff, I've already given it back to my MEU members. :P

Honor, Courage, Strength

Sorry to see you leave, I never met you in game but i'm sure it would have been great.

Hope you enjoyed the server as much as possible and sorry for whatever is reason that make you leave.

Our community still need improvment but we are doing great, I guess we need to thank you for bringing new players to the server and helping to improve it. I'm sure your leaving will be hard for both, the server and the 24th.

Hope to see you again somewhere or if you even comes back.

Goodluck,

Guest gino2323   
Guest gino2323

goodbye my friend!

Sorry to see you leave, I never met you in game but i'm sure it would have been great.

Hope you enjoyed the server as much as possible and sorry for whatever is reason that make you leave.

Our community still need improvment but we are doing great, I guess we need to thank you for bringing new players to the server and helping to improve it. I'm sure your leaving will be hard for both, the server and the 24th.

Hope to see you again somewhere or if you even comes back.

Goodluck,

Yeah no need to thank me. The guys wanted a community to run in that could support their style and provide the lacking RP (from other games). Having been here since September, I figured this was an ideal place.

They'll continue here and do their thing. I'm sure if you haven't come into significant contact with them, you surely will.

Thanks for the reply though. If you ever see someone named Primus Palus, that'll be me. So say hello! Haha. Good luck.

Sky    1

See you later man.

I don't like how this whole thing has gone down, but its a bit late now I suppose. If you'd like, I'd be happy to jump on Teamspeak and discuss it with you, but if you've made up your mind then so be it.

Take it easy,

Comrade Deg    13

Bye Palus you seem really cool and sorry about that the other but you where nice about. I do hate to see a responsible and good player leaving.

<3 Deg

See you later man.

I don't like how this whole thing has gone down, but its a bit late now I suppose. If you'd like, I'd be happy to jump on Teamspeak and discuss it with you, but if you've made up your mind then so be it.

Take it easy,

Thanks... Rel actually stopped by and we talked for almost 40 minutes about this incident and others I had mentioned. I'm more than happy to speak to people about it, and would even welcome Rolle coming in and speaking to me. I think he has the wrong idea of what I was trying to accomplish.

I would like nothing more than to continue gaming here. Like I said to Rel and others, this has been fun. I have been playing on this server daily for the last two weeks or so, and enjoyed every minute of it. I am supposed to be leading my guys in War Thunder and seriously neglected that. :P But it's a principle thing.

If you'd like to drop by and say hello, the TS info is available in our recruitment thread.

Thanks again.

ZeroXiz    0

So you're leaving because of 3 warning points, sorry to say this, but lol.

Goodbye I guess! Have a good one :)

Terra    1449

I get your point but I think you´re overreacting here. It is still just a Onlinegame...

Sorry to see you leave! <3

Goz    2

Hmmm, considering you are leaving becouse of 'priniciple' is an overstatement. As you have been here from September it's impossible to believe you havent seen/heard about 'Don't tell people where exactly password is' or even worse 'Don't tell them the password'.

It's been like this since I've joined the server, such thing don't need to be written down in stone. You can't also expect us (staff) to write down everysingle action that may be an object of punishment. In old set of rules it was actually written down ( I believe),but as we aimed for simplifying order around here due to community request - rules were - simplified. And many things are not listed but honestly - easy to figure out.

As I was in worse position with 'unfair rulling' and yet stayed, even worked my way to top to change things for better I find your explenation simply lame. Maybe don't follow emotions but stop for a moment to think this through ?

Goodluck out there, I hope your departure won't crack down 24th operations as I'm looking forward to fight Americans in this land.

Reacher    2

Only spoke to you a few times, but I hope things go well wherever you end up.

*salute*

Nikolai B.    0

So you're leaving because of 3 warning points, sorry to say this, but lol.

Goodbye I guess! Have a good one :)

This.

Sin    127

Hey mate, sorry to see you leave. Honestly. I know we may have had certain differences of opinions, but please know that I respect and agree with the majority of what you did while you were here (at least, those things I know of). In fact, there were a couple of times that I was on the point of writing you a personal message to express how impressed I was with your judgement and resolve. Unfortunately, they would have run over long, and I value my free time perhaps a bit too much. Respect, sir. o7

That said, if there is one thing that I could recommend to you and your organization, it is a measure of humility. When I first started here, I made it my first duty to familiarize myself with the culture of the community. I devoured the forums and spent hours in shoutbox. When I started to play, it was all solo, until I got a feel for the balance of power and the clan relations. Not saying that every member of your clan should have gone so far; in fact, rolling in here and becoming the biggest clan on the server in a matter of days was very in line with your role play ... but it's clear from several posts from you and your clan members and their pronouncements about how the rules work that they lacked grounding in the community and its culture.

It's unfortunate to see you go, because I imagine that you could have become a huge force for good within the community. I couldn't agree more with what Goz wrote above - when we had the old rules and everything was explicitly written out, there were always players who would seek to exploit the rules. The new system is better in that rulings require consensus among GMs. In their hearts, everyone knows what's right and when they're pushing the envelope. In your heart, and I expect in your experience, you know that all that is required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Well, if you honesty believe that we have, "an administration that punishes people for undocumented, made up rules when a person simply wants to help," then perhaps you could stay on and do something to improve the situation. Perhaps you could document the undocumented and publish it prominently on the forum, steer new users toward it. Others have done so in the past to huge acclaim. Perhaps you should strive to become part of the administration and thereby change it from within. That's happened too, as you know, being here since September. As ZeroXiz indicated above, leaving now makes it look as though you're disgruntled over a slap on the wrist.

Thanks for reading so far, and so long. If brevity is the soul of wit, then I truly am the village idiot. And I do apologize if the above sounds like the ramblings of a grumpy old man, but it is morning for me, and the coffee hasn't quite kicked in yet, and I've awoken to find that my favorite Internet community has lost a potential great.

Guest Alfie   
Guest Alfie

Good bye and take care buddy, best wishes ;D!

Guest Zainin   
Guest Zainin

Bye, kisses.

Guest Marcus Williams   
Guest Marcus Williams

Marcus Williams from SFOD-D coming to say goodbye.

o7