Server time: 2017-10-18, 16:49
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fishyfish

Robberies

Question

Guest Fishyfish   
Guest Fishyfish

So, after today I am very confused on reason that are allowed for a robbery.

If I have this right, I am not allowed to rob someone for their gear or equipment.

I am allowed to rob them if I have previous hostilities with them, but if I go for their gear it isnt allowed. 

I am allowed to rob them if they directly conflict with my groups ideology or goals but taking gear is badrp.

I dont even know what is and isnt allowed. I dont know how to provide roleplay to someone if I am robbing them for gear that me, or a friends needs. I can ask them some questions like what group are you with, what are you doing here, what are your names. But if they arent in a group, dont know why they are here, and their names dont spark anything interesting what do I do with them other than let them go? 

According to a ruling, you cant just let someone go after robbing them, you have to provide indepth RP of some sort.

Any suggestions for what I can possibly ask someone who has nothing interesting about them other then that they complain they are being held up?

11 answers to this question

Revilo    7

Rob for quality RP if you want to rob someone. fuckin rob em' take some of their shit and gneeet some quality RP out of it. you dont need a reason per say. i say as long as the RP is good it dosent matter why you needed to rob them. if they report you. then i'd call them salty gear lovers who only care for the reason they got robbed rather than the RP they received

as for robbing them. keep the entertained ask questions. friends family. apology for robbery etc etc just keep it interesting

I am asking more so what Roleplay to give to someone that you are robbing for gear.

edited in what you can do it kind of comes naturally, and it it dosent its good to act nervous. adds to the immersion

Guest Fishyfish   
Guest Fishyfish

I am asking more so what Roleplay to give to someone that you are robbing for gear.

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

The point is, that you should be robbing for more than gear.  It is up to the person robbing to be original and provide good hostile RP rather than, drop your weapon you have 10 seconds to give me your stuff or you die.   

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Chernov-s-Bandit-Guide

Give that link a read for good solid bandit tips.   Hope that helps.

MadeInsane    11

Being actually hostile is very important, this doesn't mean not letting them speak but be intimidating, ask them why they are there, if they have friends in the area, why there were doing what they were doing, those three questions should spark more RP, if not then they are usually not RPing well enough themselves, RP is a two way street and it is not all on the hostage taker.

Also giving them a task to do after you leave is good, it takes a good few minutes to explain what you want, why you want it and how they can contact you to tell them it is done, IE asking a person to get information on a specific group and if they don't... the next time you see them will be much worse or something!

My average robbery lasts about 30 to 40 minutes, it helps to have fellow bandits with you to ask things you might not have thought of or to remind you to say certain things, also when there are other people, you need to remind them not to stand around like statues, they should emote out certain actions in the background, it really helps to set the scene.

And for the love of all that is banditry, mute TS.

Guest K-Jack   
Guest K-Jack

Robbing for gear is allowed. what is not allowed are 60 second robbewries where you take stuff then run away.

In exchange for a robbery you need to provide good RP so that both sides enjoy the RP that comes out of the robbery. 60 second robberies are considered bad RP. This is why whenever someone personally asks me some tips when they get started on dayzrp, I tell them not to be a bandit until they see how it's properly done.

Here are some threads from our tutorial section about banditry. Take a look at the discussions as some people disagree with some points raised in the guides and the discussions are often more interesting than the actual thread:

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-How-to-Properly-Deliver-Torture-RP-Scumbag-Lemon-s-Guide

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Chernov-s-Bandit-Guide

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-How-to-have-roleplay-with-hostages-and-interrogate-them

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-El-Bandito-Notebook-Facts

Hope this helps!

Johnny    0

Something that you will learn over your time of being a bandit is that you can't do the same RP every time even if you are just robbing for gear. You gotta go with the flow. Ask them some questions and maybe it will lead into something more intreating. Found out if they have a group. If they do maybe you can hold them for ransom! Or maybe they are a lonewolf with a bit of a attitude that you need to work out of them. The sky really is the limit when you have some hostage. But the main thing is that you need to make sure it enjoyable for them as well. Just think about when you have been held up. What could they have done to make it a better experience for you? and then do that.

K-Jack has given you the things you will need, do you feel like your question has been answered?

Guest Fishyfish   
Guest Fishyfish

I guess so, so can mark as solved.

Glad to see you got your answer, /solved

Johnny    0

Hey man the way you said "I guess so" Makes me feel not everything is answered. Do you need anything clarified? If you have any more questions just shoot me a PM and we can talk there seeing as this has been solved.

Rolle    2937

Hey man the way you said "I guess so" Makes me feel not everything is answered. Do you need anything clarified? If you have any more questions just shoot me a PM and we can talk there seeing as this has been solved.

Get out Johnny, you're not getting a CH :troll: