Server time: 2017-10-21, 15:53
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Jack the Ripper

Robbed by a man holding a banana?

Jack the Ripper    350

This is just a fun little idea I had whist having a bit of the ol' banter.

I've been toying with the idea for about a week now, about initiating on somebody from an unseen place (eg. behind a wall or bush) whilst only holding an inanimate object in hand (in this case a banana, because as a child, many of us may have pretended they were pistols).

IF they comply, drop their weapon and step away from it, I would then walk out and pick it up, then saying "Thanks, now we can proceed properly." and then proceed with actual robbery/hostage RP.

The reason this came to mind was because:

A: It would make for an interesting way of robbing somebody if you don't have a firearm

B: Sometimes an initiation can feel a little to.... well, the same every time. "Drop your weapon and put your hands up" whilst shoving a gun under the persons nose.

However I've refrained from using this idea because people may see it as troll RP, and because the opportunity has never arisen.

So my question is this: how would you feel about being robbed by a man holding a banana?

Guest Phat J   
Guest Phat J

Well...I would kill the guy, and then question where the community is going.

Guest slummylemon   
Guest slummylemon

I've robbed a guy with an empty sporter once :P

No but honestly i think that would be amazing. I know i wouldnt see it as trolly

Diggy    0

(in this case a banana, because as a child, many of us may have pretended they were pistols)

Classic

Well, I believe this is a very bad idea.

I would use a sword instead, Will Keith has taught me.

e974a379d6df26568b3814bbc38e9817.gif

44f0cce4afffdae9ae0fff1a5557f2a6.gif

JarmanIV    1

Hilarious. Done properly it'd be great, but its almost a guarantee you'd get some salty dude come running to the forums to post a report for troll RP.

Tewudin    44

This sounds funny. :D I'll be honest, if I encounter someone who would rob me with just a banana in his hand I'd be surely angry as hell. At the same time, I wouldn't consider this as BadRP or trolling because this kind of situation is possible in real life. Not saying that it could work but there are people on this planet who would think about doing this.

Kolja    0

Well unlucky for you I have done A

Self defence class against perpetrators armed with bananas.

Dogmeat    7

Obviously we are going....bananas

Guest slummylemon   
Guest slummylemon

AYYY LMAOOOO

Guest Phat J   
Guest Phat J

giphy.gif

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

I'd call the man a fucking legend.

Discovery    0

This is just a fun little idea I had whist having a bit of the ol' banter.

I've been toying with the idea for about a week now, about initiating on somebody from an unseen place (eg. behind a wall or bush) whilst only holding an inanimate object in hand (in this case a banana, because as a child, many of us may have pretended they were pistols).

IF they comply, drop their weapon and step away from it, I would then walk out and pick it up, then saying "Thanks, now we can proceed properly." and then proceed with actual robbery/hostage RP.

The reason this came to mind was because:

A: It would make for an interesting way of robbing somebody if you don't have a firearm

B: Sometimes an initiation can feel a little to.... well, the same every time. "Drop your weapon and put your hands up" whilst shoving a gun under the persons nose.

However I've refrained from using this idea because people may see it as troll RP, and because the opportunity has never arisen.

So my question is this: how would you feel about being robbed by a man holding a banana?

I'd call the man a fucking legend.

I think I would laugh to much that I wouldn't be able to breath tho.

As the dude stated above - Legendary.

Janana    28

I'd ask for the banana after getting robbed. :|

Guest slummylemon   
Guest slummylemon

If it works, and it's stupid... It ain't stupid.

amen

Jack the Ripper    350

I'd give the person the banana, and tell them to continue my legacy. The legacy of the banana bandit.

Janana    28

I'd give the person the banana, and tell them to continue my legacy. The legacy of the banana bandit.

I was going to edit my post and say that a banana in a world void of bananas (Fix soon) would potentially be something I'd be able to trade for anything if someone wanted a taste of fruit that badly. :P

Vandy    34

I'm pretty sure this can be easily done.

Many initiations are done from behind cover. If the victim complies, you are always in the advantage.

The victim does not always know what weapon the attacker wields. So if it's a banana or an M4, it does not really matter if you are doing it from behind cover.

It would be more fun if you actualyl did it while standing visibly next to him, holdign that bananan.

Revilo    7

if 80% of this community So trigger happy, kill hungry, shoot first ask questions later. you could actually do this for a laugh. if you're playing someone with a mental issue, RP out "what you saw at green mountain when the people with banana shaped metal things pointed them at me and told me to drop my stuff"

but cause of the Dog-eat-dog/Kill or be killed mentality of things. people automatically think i must shoot that man that told me i must do something

also a little side note, some people may see this a trolling. i don't think it is, imo people who think stuff like robbing someone with a banana is trolling simply doesn't have an open mind. a narrow outlook on what RP could come out of a situation like this. people easily mistake harmless fun for trolling.

Jack the Ripper    350

I'm pretty sure this can be easily done.

Many initiations are done from behind cover. If the victim complies, you are always in the advantage.

The victim does not always know what weapon the attacker wields. So if it's a banana or an M4, it does not really matter if you are doing it from behind cover.

It would be more fun if you actualyl did it while standing visibly next to him, holdign that bananan.

And also a LOT more risky. But you're right, a great deal more fun xD

Janana    28

people easily mistake harmless for for trolling.

Bananas are dangerous, devious things of the world, Revilo. Evil, devious things.

[align=left]giphy.gif

Revilo    7

people easily mistake harmless for for trolling.

Bananas are dangerous, devious things of the world, Revilo. Evil, devious things.

[align=left]giphy.gif

ment to put harmless fun but i think my trackpad fucked me over again.  still interpreted the same way but yeah. i know the dangers of bananas

pvPjUEr.gif

Guest Mak   
Guest Mak

I'd shoot the guy and then probably f11 for the ic confusion of the event...

Valkyryon    0

If your behind cover I won't see your gun and knowing you don't have a clear shot on me I wouldn't comply and take a defensive position myself.

Say your cover is a small wall and you are so close I can spot the banana using free look I'd simply kill you. Or maybe counter rob you. Dependent on my mood ;)

Only scenario I'd see that possibly working out is on a first person server.