Server time: 2017-10-23, 08:09
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Samaritan

DayZ SA turn off.

Question

Samaritan    349

Hello all,

So I finally worked out why my rig hated DayZ SA; it was the hard drive which I have now changed and I can finally start to get back into RP'ing again. The new issue that I have now is that I'll be playing for around 20-30mins then DayZ just shuts down and takes me back to the desktop. I log back in and around 20-30mins later the same things happens. No idea what is causing this but any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

16 answers to this question

Shark    0

Is it crashing with an error, or just sending you back to the desktop?

Pussy    382

Do you use any sort of game booster? I had a similar issue when I tried to use the Razer Cortex game booster. It would randomly take me back to the desktop all the time until I stopped using it altogether.

Samaritan    349

Is it crashing with an error, or just sending you back to the desktop?

Nope no error, literally shuts down and straight to the desktop.

Do you use any sort of game booster? I had a similar issue when I tried to use the Razer Cortex game booster. It would randomly take me back to the desktop all the time until I stopped using it altogether.

Nope no game boosters. All I had running was Steam, Teampseak and DayZ.

Brad    158

I remember having issues with that a few months back.  

This thread might be worth checking out:

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Guide-to-Getting-Rid-of-Game-Crashes-And-Or-FPS-drops-New-patch-problems

there's also this reddit page that seems to be a similar problem but was based in 0.54

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2xdve6/54_memory_crash_fix/

Samaritan    349

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Guide-to-Getting-Rid-of-Game-Crashes-And-Or-FPS-drops-New-patch-problems

there's also this reddit page that seems to be a similar problem but was based in 0.54

Thanks Brad I'll take a look at them.

Brad    158

Thanks Brad I'll take a look at them.

I remember specifically putting this into the launch options at the time, my game was getting an error message and at times also just crashing.  -quote from thread "-oldui -maxMem=2047. Close down and launch the game. It should stop your crashes and/or fps drops. If this doesn't work then go to the option No.2. 

Edit: if this doesn't work remove the -oldui and use only -maxMem=2047"

Glitch    15

After reading multiple similar issues most people were talking of system specs, memory etc. Being you needed to change your hard drive you might need to change some other things but I could be wrong. So for now personally I would verify your game cache, and look around at your graphics driver. In forums with similar issues and I know I've seen this said somewhere else, new NVidia drivers don't run well with games, so I'd downgrade, mess around with the settings of your current one or check for an update. Just try all of these little things, updates, fixes, options in the driver for games. It's DayZ and it's early access there will be bugs, there will be unexplainable errors that can probably be fix, this sounds more like a hardware issue to me and nothing is perfect. Steam isn't new but it randomly uninstalled DayZ the other day with no explanation.

After reading multiple similar issues most people were talking of system specs, memory etc. Being you needed to change your hard drive you might need to change some other things but I could be wrong. So for now personally I would verify your game cache, and look around at your graphics driver. In forums with similar issues and I know I've seen this said somewhere else, new NVidia drivers don't run well with games, so I'd downgrade, mess around with the settings of your current one or check for an update. Just try all of these little things, updates, fixes, options in the driver for games. It's DayZ and it's early access there will be bugs, there will be unexplainable errors that can probably be fix, this sounds more like a hardware issue to me and nothing is perfect. Steam isn't new but it randomly uninstalled DayZ the other day with no explanation.

Lol nevermind brad seems to have you covered, he has had the same issue, I've never experienced this.

My recommendation is to just verify game cache, and if it says a file failed to validate, try and play as long as possible to see if/when it crashes. As some other thing that could possible change the issue use this link (link to a guide on some DayZ launch options): https://82cbd457d6f5d3c39f0cc5d3c14177fb44919754.googledrive.com/host/0B7RL0nKyo1GsNUQ2UU5IcTVnZWc

I highly recommend using Steps 2, 4, and 5, and do NOT use any of the other steps. If you don't know how to set your launch options, instructions for it are on the top of the page on that link, and type each step exactly as it appears in the instructions. Hopefully this will help or at least improve your game for each 20-30 minute time frame that you have.

Hey,

Any updates as of yet did any of the above suggestions sort the issue out?

Keep us updated and hopefully we will get things working for you!

Samaritan    349

Hey,

Any updates as of yet did any of the above suggestions sort the issue out?

Keep us updated and hopefully we will get things working for you!

No not yet Dom. Sorry for the delay. Im at work at the moment but Ill be trying the suggestions out later.

Hey no need to rush buddy just wanted to see were we stand :)

Just give us an update when possible want to get this issue resolved for you!

Oliv    1887

the only other thing I can think of to add to this is to use some sort of hardware monitoring program, such as HW Monitor, afterburner, etc, and log your hardware trends to see if there are any other hardware issues that might be arising.

Edit, links added.

HW Monitor

Afterburner

I believe both pieces of software can On Screen Display (OSD) and log to text file. Logging to text file would be what I suggest at a minimum, because then it might show things like your RAM maxed out, temps too high, etc that you may not catch with just the OSD.

Matt    24

If it is your game automatically shutting down, it might be a similar issue to what I had back in 2014 with my old computer.

My last computer had a bad CPU and low RAM, so if you could maybe post your system specs?

Hey again,

I will check back in the morning to see how the above suggestions treat you hopefully one of them lead to a result!

In the meantime if any updates are made during the night you know were to find the other staff members!

Good luck!

Samaritan    349

Hey again,

I will check back in the morning to see how the above suggestions treat you hopefully one of them lead to a result!

In the meantime if any updates are made during the night you know were to find the other staff members!

Good luck!

Hi Dom (you or another staff member), can solve it for now. I need a little more time to work on all the suggestions. If I'm still having issues I'll ask for the thread to be reopened.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who tried to help, I've got a lot of things to try out. Hopefully something helps.

Mamba    0

Marking as solved for now. Samaritan, Good luck with this issue.