Server time: 2017-08-23, 14:06

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Neszy

On Society, Order, and Freedom [Chedaki]

Guest Neszy   
Guest Neszy

[As you tune your radio, you notice something odd amongst the general cacophony of assorted radio chatter.]

[mp3]http://puu.sh/j4jgs.mp3[/mp3]

[A strange looped section of audio plays over the frequency - the same two second snippet played over and over as if played on a broken record player. The quality of the record is clearly very bad, though the fact that something as delicate as a vinyl has managed to remain unbroken for this long provides an oddly comforting contrast. The loop plays for ten or so minutes before stopping abruptly. A Russian man speaks. If you were already acquainted with the man, you would know that it belongs to the Komissar of the Chedaki - Fyodor Kazakov.]

"People of Chernarus."

[He pauses dramatically, much like one would when making a great speech. His tone is soft yet commanding.]

"In the coming months, we will begin our lives anew. You will begin your lives... anew. Over the course of the last couple months, we - the Chedaki - have been slowly rebuilding the foundations of society; a society where you need not sleep with one eye open; a society where you need not worry about food... or water... or supplies; a society which strives for the betterment of us as a collective, us as human beings, us as those who each day struggle to survive."

"We have fought for humanity since 2008. The civil war claimed many lives - lives of the innocent, the guilty, the young and old, lives of Americans, and Chernarussians, and Russians... humans."

"And yet now... now we find ourselves in even more dire circumstances. Not only our country but our entire planet, our very species has been destroyed by a virus. There is no cure. We cannot fight back. Those of us that still remain are the last surviving remnants of our species itself. Chaos. This is what we live in now."

[The man pauses for a few moments to catch his breath. A gunshot sounds far in the distance though you're not sure if you heard it through your radio or not.]

"All of you have a choice to make."

"Life or death. Society or chaos. There is no in-between. There is no... neutral ground. No fence to sit upon. The Chedaki offer those of you that have not already opposed yourself to us... society. We offer you freedom. We offer you life."

"As of today, we all begin the next chapter of our lives. We... turn a new page, rid ourselves of this chaos and return back to order. Many have tried to do this before... Dolina was neutral ground until those that ran the place decided they could simply... sit upon the fence. Now, firefights at Dolina are commonplace. That place of peace is now a place of war. Without order, Dolina inevitably descended into chaos."

[The man pauses once again, lighting a cigarette before taking a long drag.]

"Throughout the next... month... or so... members of the Chedaki with a rank of Starshina or above will be able to assign those of you who wish to join our society with an... identification... of sorts; a simple piece of paper containing nothing more than a number. This piece of paper will be your passport to your new life. It shows us that you are with us... and not against us."

"If a member of the Chedaki asks for your identification, you will hand them this 'identification'. In a month's time - after everyone in the region has been given ample time to show their interest in creating our new society - those found without identification will be deemed enemies of the state. They will be treated as such."

"Next month, we will announce the Capital of our new society. A new place of peace. We will ensure that those of you who wish to rebuild society alongside us are protected from those who wish to destroy it."

"There are many groups we have encountered who have been receptive to our ideals... however, those that openly associate themselves with our enemies will also be treated as such. Those that believe that can run... or hide... will find out very soon that they can not. We will not allow you to oppress others. We will not allow what happened to Dolina and Alcyone to happen to us."

"Yedinstvo."

[The radio is flicked off. This message repeats once a day on the same frequency, always at midnight... first the music, then the Komissar.]

*Johnny Denver flicks on his radio*

"Where do i sign up for my number baby?"

*Johnny sets down his radio waiting for a response."

DanielsTV    6

*He watches the sun set over the water while listening to the transmission on the roof*

"If you could not force your society upon people... then we could truly be human. Why not have a community, make it work on the inside, and do not focus on the outside. At this point, I don't care about how things are run on the inside, but don't force people to join or threaten them if they do not. Consider this, 68.7 is our frequency dare I say it... Maybe we can chat."

Foozer    1

*Michael Kajman is awoken from his slumber to the muffled sound of a record playing out of his backpack. Startled, he hears the voice and recognizes Fyodor. This calms his tense nerves.  Michael smiles to himself, agreeing with the words spoken through the radio. "One more step towards a structured society.". Michael rolls off his makeshift sleeping bag and fumbles through his backpack for his transmitter. He then clicks and speaks into it.*

"My comrades, it is good to know that a structured society will once again be attempted and enforced. If you need any help enforcing peace, just know that the Kropotkins have your back. Contact us if any help is needed. I look forward to visiting this new "place of peace".

*Michael unclicks his transmitter and tosses it back into his bag. He can't seem to fall back asleep after hearing this interesting news. Instead, he decides to take inventory of the food and ammunition that was taxed earlier in the day.*

Chinchilla    76

*takes a deep breath as she activates her radio*

Fighting oppression with oppression makes no sense. Take heed from my words that there are those of us who will not go quietly into the night. Those of us who cherish our freedom above all else. We have yet to destroy you due to your communist ways, as we believed we could live in peace. However forcing your beliefs on free people to become like you is completely unacceptable. Have your "capital", have your communism..... However be warned... Not all of us will be bullied by big government anymore. This is a new age of freedom, and leave it to the communist agenda to try and disturb it. You disgust me. Be free, let others be free. Or die trying.

*Cheryl laughs as she puts down her radio*

Guest Neszy   
Guest Neszy

-snip-

[Your radio flicks back on as Fyodor speaks once again.]

"Look around you. Tell me you don't see the bodies; tell me this country doesn't smell of rotting death. Order and oppression are entirely different things altogether, all we are trying to do is ensure that the next generation of humans doesn't have to go through what we're going through right now."

"This is about rebuilding. The only freedom you forsake is the one that means you... don't need to carry around a piece of fucking paper. We move forward together or we don't move forward at all."

"If you'd rather be amongst the dead than the living, don't let me stop you... but don't expect us to share what we have with you when you... or your child... lay starving and cold in the winter."

[The radio clicks off with a sigh.]

Major    436

*Colonel Drahoslav Zahradnik sits by his fire, smoking a cigarette calmly in the night while cooking some meat. He hears the message over his radio, and he flies into a rage at the lies which are being uttered. He bears down on the PTT to respond*

"You murderers are the epitome of the desperation of totalitarianism. You have fought for humanity?!?! Is fighting for humanity murdering my entire family in Sinistok because I served my country?!? Or torturing our downed pilots to death?!? Murdering entire villages, women, children?!? The rape, the genocide, all of it? Inviting the American imperialist scum to our country to impress their colonialist ideologies upon us? To use us as puppets for their globalist agenda? Fighting for humanity for you equals eliminating those who oppose you, and their children, and their parents, and their grandparents! If you would have been a legitimate movement you would have won without a war, but you did not have the public support, and the people rejected your ideology! It is true that evil men take advantage of evil times for their own benefit."

"Forgive me for not introducing myself earlier, my head was too full of your bullshit! I am Colonel Drahoslav Zahradnik of the 909 Transport Squadron, Mi-17 pilot, Chernarussian Defense Forces. I fought in Afghanistan at the behest of our great Soviet Union, or rather I fought at the behest of politicians who used our brave sons to do their dirty work. I knew privates who made just enough money on their tour to buy a pair of jeans when they returned home. I saw my fellow chopper pilots shot down and executed by the Mujaheddin. Tens of thousands of good men sacrificed for your great Communist project. I imagine you will mock my service to Chernarus at least, as your kind has done to others in my position. I will tell you this, it is a true testament to the bravery of the Chernarussian Defense Forces, how there are so few of us left. That tells me that the army did its job, whether or not it was as successful as one might wish in preserving itself. I can see you are already on the road to creating a state for yourself, and from what I am hearing you are going to simply once again prove to the world that your great social experiment is a house built on sand. The days of government are over, and I predict you will have as much luck with your so called 'state' as the corrupt Chernarussian state did before you. Your genocide is inexcusable, your promises are hollow and void, your legitimacy with the people relies on force to be relevant, and you are wolves in sheep's clothing. Be wary, the Eagles of Chernarus are watching from on high, the Lions are prepared for attack, and the Foxes lie in wait for you."

*The Colonel tosses his radio into his bag, quite satisfied with himself, and returns to cooking his meal*

Guest Neszy   
Guest Neszy

-snip-

[As the radio is flicked back on, a loud gunshot is heard. By the sounds of it, Russian men stand talking and laughing about the CDF. Fyodor speaks once more.]

"CDF?! You are a brave soul, Polkovnik; I had presumed that you'd simply follow like the rest of your bratr and bury your head in the sand... or perhaps... hide under a rock in your selfish quest for self-preservation..?"

[The Russian men in the background laugh loudly again. Fyodor hushes then quickly and continues.]

"But of course, my mocking of your 'service' is exactly what you'd expect much like your references to the past is exactly what I'd expect. Your kind have always had an issue... taking responsibility for their own actions. You make accusations yet admirably ignore your own past. War is hell, Colonel. Things aren't all sunshine and rainbows. People die for a reason."

"You are the problem, Colonel. The CDF ants which scatter at the first sign of trouble; those brave men and women who have done nothing but hide for the past nine months and yet still think themselves as heroes deserving of their own parade. You're more like those 'Miss America' pageant girls who wish for peace on Earth in the hopes it'll simply go away..!"

[Fyodor slams his fist into the table in front of him.]

"DO SOMETHING! DO YOUR FUCKING JOBS!"

"If I am so evil, stop me. Kill me. I invite you to do something, anything. Prove you're not just hot air. Bring the Eagle, the Lion, and the Fox if he's not already dead. You'll soon realise that you have no support. The tables have turned. It's time to scuttle off to another rock. You are a coward fighting against the people and I am the one giving people what they want - I ask nothing in return. Take your values and fuck them."

"Idi nahui, cyka. Yob tvoyu mat."

[The radio is flicked off.]

Montanez    25

*He decides to push the button after hearing the conversation*

Chedaki brothers, disregarding the bullshit drama these randoms are trying to start... I respect your decision, but there is something that is not clear for me... this "paper" that you're talking about... will that be  useful and valid across the land of Chernarus? or are you planning to set up in a town?  If y'll ain't feeling like responding here  then perhaps we could meet up.

This is Montanez by the way... yes the waldo.

*Ends transmission and waits for response*

Chinchilla    76

*rolling her eyes Cheryl again pushes the button on her radio and brings it close to her lips*

Only disgusting government swine would make you register a "number" to stay "alive". Funny how it wasn't until this "infection" broke out that I could sleep at night. Funny how it's only now with my freedom that my friends and I rest easy.

*pause*

We rest easy still. As we find government trash more of a laughing matter than a serious threat. Like taking out the trash. It won't hurt you but it sure smells bad.

Perhaps people will rise against you, and start killing anyone they find with one of these "numbers". It really is a pity, as fighting against government is something I hold near and dear to my heart, rebels usually warrant sympathy. However oppressing the masses and creating a police state is the biggest bunch of garbage I've ever heard of.

Freedom is all we have left, and being forced to carry around a piece of paper or die is not freedom. Anyone carrying a piece of paper with one of your "numbers" are nothing more but weak rats. Scum, and bottom feeders. Consider changing your oppressive ways and live in peace and harmony however you want without forcing your bullshit on other people.

Mad about Dolina? Go stop people that are causing trouble, threatening everyone for the actions of a few is just childish. I guess that's what your people go for.... disgusting childish crap. Next you'll be spouting over the airwaves that you're taking your communism and going home... and the rest of the world really wishes you would.

*Cheryl grins, switches the radio off, takes out the batteries and hope's they'll fit in Lucius' little radio*

Janana    28

*Tosha kicked her feet back up on the dash of the truck with a rather bored yawn that was pushed into the transmitting radio.*

"It's funny how Anarchists hate government, yet anarchy itself is a type of government. A type of functionality of all people working together to run society. What are you fighting for? What do any of us fight for at this point?

The Chedaki are quite the controversy here in Chernarus. On one hand, they are seen helping many people left and right and then on the other hand, they plan to control everyone. --Well. Not control, per say. They want to... create a functioning... system that includes everyone and sometimes not everyone wants that and that's alright. I don't believe that people should be forced into a society that people don't agree with.

Then again... the Chedaki are offering something to all of us that we haven't had the opportunity of experiencing in a very long time. It could be a sense of security. If we take part of their plans for the future, we are protected. Do we want to be protected? Will we seek refuge with the Chedaki or fight the systems that some of us miss so dearly?"

*She sighed, slowly setting the radio down in her lap. What to do? How would they respond to the Chedaki's new advancements?*

Defiance    96

The fire crackles, casting shadows over Seymour's hands. He's sitting on a fallen tree, looking down at his knuckles. Each knuckle is swollen, but only a few resemble wounds. Some of his men cast shadows across the campfire, veiling his hands for a moment. When the shadow passes over, the wounds look dark and bottomless. He's chewing on his bottom lip, turning his hands slowly and deliberately. He's trying to remember the cause of each scar, each bruise, each break. Which brother was the cut on the right hand? Whose jaw made the right index finger feel so fucking stiff?

The radio is sitting near the fire, being fiddled with by the youngest of the Jackals. Seymour can tell it's him by the red gauze stuck to the side of his head, where his ear used to be. The radio fizzles into a two-second loop of classical music. It continues, repeating itself continuously. 

" The fuck is that, boy!?" Seymour calls out to him. His hands curl into fists.

" I can't tell -- Still trying to listen with my bad ear!" the boy replies.

" Fuck off with that noise!" 

The boy turns the radio off, and Seymour remembers who made his right-index finger feel so fucking stiff.

TLake    23

Thaddeus listens to the banter on the radio at first he liked the music, but the boring speech and then all the bullshit from both sides ruined his mood.  He raises his radio to his lips and speaks.

"Well this has turned into quite the drama hasn't it?  To the Chedaki I ask do you truly think your form of 'chaos' is any different than the shit show that we already have?  You rob and take what isn't yours, you point guns and humiliate people for no other reason than they happened to be within 10 miles of some dickhead you don't like.  How is this the foundation of a stable government?  Your 'society' if based on these actions won't last."he paused and smirked.

"Now to all the freedom loving people out there.  Do you have anything to bring to the table other then 'fuck the chedaki'?  I don't think so.  So overall great speech love the music, but it won't last and it will be back to chaos as usual.  You all have nothing to offer and society is dead, also anarchy is dumb."

Thaddeus sighs staring up at the sky, "God damn I hate people."he finally said forgetting to release the radios talk button.

Defiance    96

Thaddeus listens to the banter on the radio at first he liked the music, but the boring speech and then all the bullshit from both sides ruined his mood.  He raises his radio to his lips and speaks.

"Well this has turned into quite the drama hasn't it?  To the Chedaki I ask do you truly think your form of 'chaos' is any different than the shit show that we already have?  You rob and take what isn't yours, you point guns and humiliate people for no other reason than they happened to be within 10 miles of some dickhead you don't like.  How is this the foundation of a stable government?  Your 'society' if based on these actions won't last."he paused and smirked.

"Now to all the freedom loving people out there.  Do you have anything to bring to the table other then 'fuck the chedaki'?  I don't think so.  So overall great speech love the music, but it won't last and it will be back to chaos as usual.  You all have nothing to offer and society is dead, also anarchy is dumb."

Thaddeus sighs staring up at the sky, "God damn I hate people."he finally said forgetting to release the radios talk button.

The boy sat beside the fire, holding his SKS. The gauze stuck to the side of his face came unraveled, and he had to press it into the side of his temple several times before the bandage would stick. Seymour felt something crawling around inside of his beard, and was silently searching for it while his men encircled the encampment, keeping watch. 

Twenty minutes pass, and someone comes up to Seymour.

" Seymour, heard Th-Th-Th-"

" Spit it out!" 

" Thaddeus on the radio!" 

A small beetle crawls out of his beard and onto his hand. Without missing a beat, Seymour plunges his fist on top of the bug, squashing it.

" Why should I care?"

" T-t-t-Talking to the Chedaki..."

" God damn it...There a reason he's talking to them?"

" Sounds angry...L-Like he's talking shit to them. He --uhh....said some pretty dumb stuff."

"I'll take care of it. Thanks for coming to me."

Seymour stands up, reaches for his pistol, and turns towards the boy.

" Carter, grab your gun. Gonna teach someone not to run his fucking mouth..."

Guest Neszy   
Guest Neszy

-snip-

[The radio flicks back on. Fyodor smiles at sound of a familiar voice.]

"The 'town' or 'settlement' comes later. As for now, we concentrate on sorting those who wish to move on and rebuild from those who wish to cause problems or oppress others. The number simply relates back to a... database... of sorts - it ensures that someone can't just read the paper and know your name."

"All we ask is that you keep the paper on you. I'm sure we'll end up knowing who's who but right now the Chedaki believe that we need safety above all - we need to know who can be trusted and who can't; who's going to be a problem and who isn't. We ask for nothing in return except for a few details. Bez figni!"

-snip-

"Dolina is nothing but an example of what disorder leads to."

"I extend to you the same advice I gave to the Polkovnik from before: if you don't like it, do something. You are the minority. The people stand against you, not us! There are a long list of failed peaceful settlements - in the last couple of months alone we've had Hickory Hill, Dolina... Green Mountain gets worse each day; crowded places lead quickly to hostile situations."

"We seek only to ensure that those who wish for peace and safety are able to have it. This is not an unrealistic goal. The betterment of society improves life for us all."

[Fyodor pauses, though he decides to switch the radio off after a few seconds of silence.]

DarkStyle    29

Karel hears the transmission while sitting down and relaxing in the sun.

So. You guys want to rebuild the goverment. How many mass graves are we going to find this time? 10? 20? 100? You cant build up a communist goverment on order. I suggest calling yourself Fascist then. Just go back to Russia. Im sure they are waiting for you over there. They like so called communism. Im sure Mr Putin will lend you a hand over there. How about Volgograd eh? City what was proudly named after your glorious mentor and biggest murderer in history, Stalin.

Karel finishes the transmission and continoues relaxing in the sun while eating carrots.

Talon    5

*Talon cleaning the blood off his hands hears this transmission*

*He violently grabs his radio knowing he is in no position to speak he smashes it against a rock*

you hear a *Click*  then nothing...

*Tosha kicked her feet back up on the dash of the truck with a rather bored yawn that was pushed into the transmitting radio.*

"It's funny how Anarchists hate government, yet anarchy itself is a type of government. A type of functionality of all people working together to run society. What are you fighting for? What do any of us fight for at this point?

The Chedaki are quite the controversy here in Chernarus. On one hand, they are seen helping many people left and right and then on the other hand, they plan to control everyone. --Well. Not control, per say. They want to... create a functioning... system that includes everyone and sometimes not everyone wants that and that's alright. I don't believe that people should be forced into a society that people don't agree with.

Then again... the Chedaki are offering something to all of us that we haven't had the opportunity of experiencing in a very long time. It could be a sense of security. If we take part of their plans for the future, we are protected. Do we want to be protected? Will we seek refuge with the Chedaki or fight the systems that some of us miss so dearly?"

*She sighed, slowly setting the radio down in her lap. What to do? How would they respond to the Chedaki's new advancements?*

*Static buzzes before a transmission begins - running water and rustling leaves can be heard*

Naive lady, anarchy is not a form of government. Perhaps you are-ah confused with a revolutionary coup? The hypocritical act of one selfish monarchy overthrowing another. Replacing one form of corruption and filthy with another.

Leave your misconceptions from whence you came and embrace a new way of life - whatever that may be. Only a charlatan who exploits the black flag would use it to subjugate and lord over the people.

Such whores, liars and cheats should be put down as soon as possible, for the benefit of those too weak to see through their deceptions themself.

To the Chedaki men, gooda luck with your refuge - I cannot say I will participate but my recent experiences have made me think that preservation of the surviving populace may need to take priority over the advancement of self. For now I find solace and security within this immense forest. I am sure you and your people know what has happened to other men in the past who plant flags in the dirt... 

*The transmission cuts out abruptly*

*A furious grunted voice cracks through as a response to this bullshit*

"Fucking numbers? What is this? A supermarket full of people brainwashed and propped up on shelves as useless cans of beans that have been stripped of their individualism." 

*Heavy breathing is heard down the transmitter*

"You...you...explained yourself how settlements have all descended into chaos. This is because CHAOS MAKES THE NEW WORLD WHAT IT IS! It separates the strong from the weak. It is how it is and thinking you can stop that is ridiculous."

"Your petty propaganda promoting hope and well being is all lies and deception and anyone who believes it is delusional." 

*His voice becoming more sinister*

"Once the survivors realise their stupidity of joining your camp it will backfire and a force WILL arise against you." 

*He speaks his last statement with a hiss*

"I will personally make sure anyone I meet with a Chedaki ID will burn until there is...nothing...left." 

Ryssen    21

*a great sigh and the voice of Acorn can be heard over the radio*

"Politics..."

*The radio goes silent*

Janana    28

-snip-

*Static buzzes before a transmission begins - running water and rustling leaves can be heard*

Naive lady, anarchy is not a form of government. Perhaps you are-ah confused with a revolutionary coup? The hypocritical act of one selfish monarchy overthrowing another. Replacing one form of corruption and filthy with another.

Leave your misconceptions from whence you came and embrace a new way of life - whatever that may be. Only a charlatan who exploits the black flag would use it to subjugate and lord over the people.

Such whores, liars and cheats should be put down as soon as possible, for the benefit of those too weak to see through their deceptions themself.

To the Chedaki men, gooda luck with your refuge - I cannot say I will participate but my recent experiences have made me think that preservation of the surviving populace may need to take priority over the advancement of self. For now I find solace and security within this immense forest. I am sure you and your people know what has happened to other men in the past who plant flags in the dirt... 

*Tosha smirks, shaking her head.*

"Naive lady. Goodness, have you even looked up the definition of Anarchy? Here! I have a dictionary right here. I'll read it out to you nice and slow you you can understand. Let's.. see here. Alright. Here it is. Ready?

'Anarchy is the type of government where there is no government at all. Often related to the absence of Government, a state of lawlessness and social disorder due to absence of government authority.' 

There you have it, kiddo. By that definition, a great majority of Chernarus would be.. anarchists, right? We all thrive in the absence of federal or communist government looming over us and we keep it that way. The Chedaki threaten your childish goals of being 'free'. It's an illusion of comfort. Perhaps you should keep your opinions to yourself if you won't be constructive with your brain. Thanks."

*Tosha simply turned the radio off and tossed it to the side. She hopped off the truck, whistling as she continued her walk down the road.*

Matt    21

*The radio Buzzes*

*Coughs* Sorry what? Could you ya know speak in English?

I understood ZERO words you just said. But I did understand you just said Anarchy is not a form of government, maybe get your facts straight friend I am pretty certain its a government in its own way.

Well back to my beauty sleep, sir kindly shut up and stop spouting shit over the radio

*radio cracks alive*

Just give us the word, you know how to reach us.

*radio dies out*

Guest Yuri Ubiytsa   
Guest Yuri Ubiytsa

takes his rifle and picks up the radio

As long as the promise you gave Mel'nik is the same

Then we're in