Server time: 2017-08-19, 07:37

Sign in to follow this  
Ascent_rain

Logging off in houses

Ascent_rain    3

I don't know if this is true for everyone or just a freak coincidence, but twice in a row logging in now I have spawned outside the house I logged off in. Now before server restart I logged off in a tall single story house on a hill, and logged in and I am now trapped underneath the house's floor. I relogged and the same thing happened. I cannot get out which s very unfortunate because I was saving all my food and drinks (entier backpack and vest full) for a restaraunt up north, and now if I can't get out then the only way out is death. If there is a solution to this please tell me, but this happened twice in different locations now and I want to warn other people that this may be a glitch and if you log off in a house then be wary if it iss raised or anything. Sorry if some info is irrelevant but just looking out for others.

Ive read that you can unplug your internet or perhaps ALT F4 while running at the wall to get out. Personally i like to try and crawl out

Ascent_rain    3

Ive read that you can unplug your internet or perhaps ALT F4 while running at the wall to get out. Personally i like to try and crawl out

Yeah, I just got out thankfully but I couldn't use q and e or even crawl, only stand and crouch. Just be wary of what house you're logging out in, I just ran into the wall for a while. Cheers

Brad    155

Yeah, I just got out thankfully but I couldn't use q and e or even crawl, only stand and crouch. Just be wary of what house you're logging out in, I just ran into the wall for a while. Cheers

For future reference if it happens again, you jump into the helpdesk a GM or higher can usually kick you out of the server if you are stuck.

Othuyeg    20

It has always been preferable to log out in a forest, in a place where you are unlikely to meet an unfortunate glitch or log in on somebody. If you log in in a building, it can be really immersion breaking for anyone who might be inside that building at that time.

This brings me to another, but relevant point. In my opinion logging off in highly populated areas should be more than just frowned upon, it should be against the rules to for example log out inside barracks or inside the GM tower, or the prison building unless it is due to something like the server going down.

Dusty    1041

For future reference, the house that you can experience this glitch in looks like this: 

c123wFi.jpg

You can also experience the glitch (logging in underneath the building) in some other buildings, but I believe you're able to get out of those ones by running at the wall and vaulting. The house in the image is the only one, as far as I know, that you can't get out of by vaulting.

Ascent_rain    3

For future reference, the house that you can experience this glitch in looks like this: 

c123wFi.jpg

You can also experience the glitch (logging in underneath the building) in some other buildings, but I believe you're able to get out of those ones by running at the wall and vaulting. The house in the image is the only one, as far as I know, that you can't get out of by vaulting.

That's the one man, you can't prone or vault. I ran at a wall spamming arrow keys for 5 minutes and it seemed to work. I think that is the same location that it happened in, too. The surroundings look very familiar.

c123wFi.jpg

Thats still around? Thats been there since day one

Gg devs

Janana    28

Your internet connection has nothing to do with it (most of the time). You can sometimes fix the issue by re-logging but that has never worked for me. When you spawn into the game you must make sure that your character is not on a second level, or near a  wall. Why?

During the process of logging in, you are set on the map exactly where you were before but before this happens, the game calculates where you are an if any colliders are nearby. If you are by chance standing near a wall, the game will very often read your signature as within the wall, and automatically kick you from the space. Outside being the largest open area. Logging out on a second floor (When there is no first floor) has the same effect. You are loaded in, but the colliders that make up the floor will kick you toward the nearest open space which is the un-rendered open area beneath the house.

How do you fix it when you're beneath a house?

The most used solve for this is to simply go prone and crawl into one of the corners, then fast crawl. The colliders should kick you out after a moment of fiddling with the walls.

Tewudin    44

c123wFi.jpg

I've never had any problem while logging off inside the building but at the same time I've never logged off inside this one. Thanks for the tip. Until devs will kindly decide to fix this glitch, I'll avoid this kind of houses. I don't want to end up stucked inside one of those. :D

Samaritan    251

If you want to log off in a house make sure you log off on the bottom floor or a house that doesn't involve going up so stairs to access it. It seems that the higher off the ground you are when you log off, the increased chance of becoming stuck in a wall or floor that there is. Just to be on the safe side, it might be advisable to log of in a wooded area as there is less chance of a mishap.

Vandy    34

For future reference if it happens again, you jump into the helpdesk a GM or higher can usually kick you out of the server if you are stuck.

As Brad stated, when you havce this issue being trapped underneath a house, a GM or Admin can help you out.

You'd have to spam running against the wall, and then one of us kicks you out of the server.

As the game is in such good state, it will continue your movement for a slight bit when being kicked out.

When you do relog, you should be a few meters out of the house/area you were trapped in.

Also, the advice given by Samaritan is something you should keep in mind.

Storm    203

Its because of this I tend to just find a good bush to log out in. Many a time have I logged in on the bottom floor with broken legs, after logging out upstairs. So a word of advice, only log out in a house if you have to, Otherwise, find a bush.

Voodoo    357

I logged off in a deer stand once and ended up logging back in underneath it (lucky I could jump back out). Seems all buildings are bugged with this if you log out above ground level

McCoy III    7

Same has happen to me in the Green house. You spawn in and are under the floor, and unable to lay down...pretty annoying. Ever since that happen I just find a nice bush to log in.

Chow    45

WORKS WITH ETHERNET CABLE:

Run against the wall and disconnect your internet cable.

Wait until youre kicked for dc'ing.

Log back in.

Problem solved.

Janana    28

I learn something new everyday. Now I need an Ethernet Cable.

Dew    208

Usually when that happens to me I go up to the wall and start clicking vault until I get out.