Server time: 2017-10-21, 01:19
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Khazar031

Max player number

Question

Khazar031    0

I wasn't playing dayz for a while, but I was bored and wanted to rp with someone and i discovered a problem. I want to play and I see the server is full so i check the time... huh... 5 minutes to reset.... ok i wil,wait. 5 minutes gone by so i try to join. In server info there I see 28/50 players.. ok try to join and this message pops out "Maximum number of players has been reached".

What is going on? After reset I wait minute or two, to log in quickly and nothing works. 

I dont know if there were some changes or my game got corrupted. 

I want to mention that i played today afternoon and i had no problems like that.

8 answers to this question

Hagger    117

I noticed that I have a same problem. First time playing after a month. Connecting to DayZRP seems really slow and I get server full messages even when there is 5/50

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

The server now runs on a queue system when you join - hard to explain. Bassically, even though it may say that the server is not soul, it might indeed be full.

Khazar031    0

It looks like a game books a place for a player before reset and that why I can't join. Thats first thing i can think of...

Vape Nation    5

Did you sit there waiting for the reset and not refresh the listings because that updates the player count whether or not the sever is up because of you didn't you could have accidentally joined while the sever was down to reset or it was locked before the reset, when it says five minutes to reset it can take long the usual to reset

Khazar031    0

No I wrote in the first post, "After reset I wait minute or two, to log in quickly and nothing works."

I refershed list and thats why it's awkward to me when i see half full server and i can't join in...

With the new patch they added in a "queue" system where it loads one person in at a time, from the first person to the last. Sometimes the player amount can take a while to update so it is best to join as soon as the servers go up (it takes longer to load in so the character loss bug doesn't happen). Also, it only shows people on the list when they are fully logged in to the server.

Does this answer your question, Khazar?

Vandy    34

The server now runs on a queue system when you join - hard to explain. Bassically, even though it may say that the server is not soul, it might indeed be full.

It is exactly how Seiba states here.

The servers do run a queu system. 

Even though it might show 28/50 on the server list, it already may be full.

What can help you now is the time it says on the server list.

When the server restarts it will say: 08.00 as server time. You do not log back in untill it says: 12.00x

When it says 12.00x it is safe to join in, and from then on the server queu starts. 

It will say "waiting for host" for a long time, but do not be afraid, if you joined in at or afte 12.00x you will not lose your characther.

People get into this queu and only when they are "officially" spawned into the game, they will add to the counter of the server list.

When they are not spawned yet, they do not add to the server list counter (28/50) but have "reserved" a spot already so they can spawn in.

Whip    0

Hi Khazar,

As Seiba and Riggs, and Vandy have stated the new system runs on a Queue System so the slots fill up quickly and then each player is loaded into the game one at a time,  i recommend using the Quick join method shown here http://www.dayzrp.com/t-How-to-Auto-Join-DayZ-Servers if you are still having issues joining.

that being said I shall solve this

Please come to the helpdesk or ask any more questions if you have any!

-Whip

/Solved