Server time: 2017-10-22, 04:43
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
DanielsTV

New Perma-Death Rule

DanielsTV    6

So I have a suggestion about adding a Perma-Death rule. I understand dying from any cause and being forced to perma is generally disliked by the less hardcore RPers. However, I feel as if to keep RP and Realism flowing, we should add this rule here. So basically all it is it that when you have IC reason to execute someone, you permadeath them. Why? It makes sense. Someone's done something awful to me so I'm going to RP with them for a while and then execute them, but then they come back alive. Like I said, it just keeps the RP flowing. 

Now here's the problem I see with it, IC reason. IC reason should be strictly defined to permanent marks on your character because of torture or just torture in general, maybe some other things that ya'll can comment. One other thing is that you should maybe have a certain amount of time in which RP should happen, maybe from 25 to 45 minutes of RP before you can execute, using logs to enforce but wouldn't be much of a problem as long as RP is generally good. This also makes sure that people value their decisions before making them, so they can't just go and torture people for fun or shit.

All in all, it allows for flow of RP and makes decisions actually valuable, especially hostile ones. I'd really like some feedback on this, I think it could help out with a lot of IC stuff.

Samaritan    346

I see your point but a lot of members of this community have put a lot of time/effort into their character and may not want to perm them. It would also fall under powergaming under the current rules because you cannot make someone perm their character. I think it should stay as a personal choice rather than be forced, that is however my humble opinion on it.

I don't really think it should be enforced by rules.I personally perm my characters when in my eyes there is no possible way for him to survive,like an execution.It's up to people really.

AndreyQ    0

So I have a character for a looong time and I have never been in the position of being executed.But other friends of mine have and the reason why they just did not permadeathed their characters is just because they enjoy playing as those.

There are numerous people that said "Yes I have permadeathed my char." but 2 weeks later guess who is back.

TL;DR Just no.

Clumsy    226

Sooo why didn't you Perma Frank when you were shot in the head during an execution? Like mister simontsar stated, it's really up to the person behind the character. Some people, such as myself, put a lot of time and effort into their character and their stories. Now if a time comes where there has been something I've done that rights an execution I would consider perma-deathing. But you can't force someone to do it.

Dusty    1587

Ehh. I can see both sides of this argument. However, this would be powergaming as you'd be forcing the person to perma their character before they're ready to. For example, I have a feud with some old friends that would probably give them a good enough IC reason for executing me. Chernarus isn't that big, so I'm bound to see them, but my character's story hasn't come to what I feel would be a good close yet. Basically, it's up to personal preference of the person being executed.

A good point you made that I agree with is that for any execution, a good chunk of time and RP should pass with the hostage situation before the execution can take place.

My last thought is that the rules would be contradictory if they added this rule and kept the powergaming rule.

Janana    28

So I have a suggestion about adding a Perma-Death rule. 

*Shoots Frank in the head. Frank does not Perma*

Does this mean if there is a perma rule, you're going to suddenly wipe Frank because he should be dead right now. Thanks to me (was actually my cat) :troll:

I think there should be a difference between an execution and let say a killing. If you have on going problems with a person IG and you get execution rights on that person, maybe ask OOC execution or death. Execution being that, you execute the person they have no chance of survival, they perma their character. Death being a killing but in a manner that the person could RP surviving it.

Like there is nothing worse IG being a part of a firing squad or seeing someone get shot in the head and then the next day you RP with this person, It does not make sense. And makes for some awkward RP considering the NLR.

DanielsTV    6

Sooo why didn't you Perma Frank when you were shot in the head during an execution? Like mister simontsar stated, it's really up to the person behind the character. Some people, such as myself, put a lot of time and effort into their character and their stories. Now if a time comes where there has been something I've done that rights an execution I would consider perma-deathing. But you can't force someone to do it.

Because I was too attached to the character at the time and I realize that this is RP not my personal TV show. You guys have said it to me before, this is RP, not scripted. This is RP, if you make decisions that end up getting you killed that's because you made that decision. With Allie, you may be fine, however if she decides to torture me near to death and I come back and kill her then I shouldn't have to worry about her multiple more times. I've become better and have learned more over time, from others and just experience. Frank is a dangerous character to me because I make decisions that resemble him and those can get him... fucked. If you have a nicer or less hostile character like a new one I'm making, Danny, then I won't have to worry about being perma'd because I'm not gonna be making any hardcore decisions like that. You can't make a character thats gonna get in trouble but because of certain rules you're going to be hiding behind an invisible indestructible wall. I also want to add, I'm really tired rn and when I've made that post, so I'd probably be better able to explain this later on, my mind went blank like 7 times when writing that post haha.

Whip    0

Due to this being a Heavy RP Community and many people Have large Story arcs with Interwoven character stories this is not a good idea. When you start restricting people roleplay like this you tend to lose amazing roleplayers.

Plus Say your group has execution rights on a group i just joined,And you catch me and execute me, Why should i have to perma death my character just because of that?

Its powergaming and It Restricts how people want to play and i for one am against it.

DanielsTV    6

So I have a suggestion about adding a Perma-Death rule. 

*Shoots Frank in the head. Frank does not Perma*

Does this mean if there is a perma rule, you're going to suddenly wipe Frank because he should be dead right now. Thanks to me (was actually my cat) :troll:

That damn cat. Maybe... just maybe.... I might just kill him off some other way to.. "repay" you guys for those trouble however, there is quite a bit going on IC. Don't worry, I'm in trouble enough, I'll get killed soon enough anyways. Gonna be hunted a lot now though, as I'll probably start perma deathing if executed or some other stuff.

Moose    7

I like to believe that if my character dies a good, satisfying death that ill perma but I'm not sure that when that happens I will follow through. I would hate to be forced to stop playing a character before Im finished with them.

DanielsTV    6

Okay the thing is, you should have to take care of your character. Before anyone else comments on not wanting to be forced to perma, think about it a bit more. It's only if someone has IC reason to execute you, so simply don't give it to them. It enforces real decision making, if you want to torture someone still, just don't do permanent torture, just wounding kind of stuff. Maybe split it up, for very hardcore permanent torture you can perma people but for just wounding torture you can still have IC reason to execute but perma-deathing is up to them. As for "this is powergaming." Well, just make it not be power-gaming, change that part of the rule as well, once we find out the circumstances though. Also, it's like you're giving them permission, so it's not really power-gaming. Anyways, I'll be back later.

Roach    1649

I think the only good thing out of this is creating massive value for your life. People would think twice before doing anything harsh that may cause them to die in the end, hence perma. As much as I would like to see this type of rule, it's only natural that we must let the other player decide if he/she wishes to perma. We cannot powergame anyone into permaing their character. But heck I am not going to lie and say yeah I'd like to see this but under strict circumstances. Such as you have wronged someone (marked him, tortured him, hurt him bad) and that person comes back and ends up executing you. Something like that.

But alas, this rule will never be enforced so we learn to deal with what we got in this awesome community :D

The PVP oriented groups or people however would not like this at all and I understand. They die on a regular basis like 2-4 times a week... so they would last like a week at best with their new character and would have to move on... sucks :(

Montanez    25

I dislike the idea, personally i believe that by doing this you will be forcing people to permadeath in any situation, regardless of weather you had any other coming RP from other groups or individuals. Forcing people to do stuff in game will always be bad in my opinion.

Revilo    7

didnt even read the thread. no perma death rule of any kind should ever be implimented. ever.

Diggy    0

Never gonna happen

It's been suggested before, but a lot of people like myself have worked hard on creating their character. I don't want someone else in control of whether or not I get to play that character anymore, no matter what the circumstances are.

TLake    23

I'm never going to vote yes on this!

I don't know I like my character and am trying to grow him and put myself in his shoes to make my rp all the more entertaining to myself and those around me. This takes time, but I can't however factor in how others will react. In the past 24hrs I have died twice, once due to my own pushing of someones characters buttons and the other time was because my friend and I didn't know a group of obvious robbers who had been trying for 30mins to rob us had a fourth man. I cannot imagine having to make new characters for each of those deaths, especially since the second death happens more often then not when two groups meet.

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

So, I don't die a lot. And while I wouldn't actually have a problem with a rule like this. And... to be honest, would probably enjoy the server more with a rule like this. Still gonna go with no.

Nilin    10

I'm going to have to say no also, I quite like my character and building her story further as time goes on. Something like this would also take more resources to enforce correctly.

Owen    16

By doing this, you are essentially cutting off someone's RP story and character. Say if they are KoSed or die by a glitch. Then it is over. To be honest, it is fine as it is and there is no real need for this rule.

Hatch    0

Execution is a very LAST CHOICE situation. I have never permadeathed someone on my current character however there has been wars and constant back and forth. Mainly the reason why myself and the others involved in this do not execute is because we all enjoy the evolving story line. 

I get what you mean but it won't happen.

Papa Tachanka    48

I am sorry but nobody in the community is going to be behind this. I have put nearly 7 months into chief and I would only perma if it were the right people and circumstances. I appreciate you trying though!

Caesar    438

Forced perma-death is an unequivocal no.