Server time: 2017-08-19, 03:51

Sign in to follow this  
TimothyRork17

Learning the Rules in the Reports

Now as crazy as it may sound, but this is something I would like to share to anyone who is new to DayZRP. When I first started off, after whitelisting, the rules were very fresh into my mind. But, I always had questions. Questions that would make it seem the rules had to be more explained to me more than they already were. Now usually, you can just go to questions to get this answered; yes, but at the time I did not want to bother the Admins or any of the Community Helpers just because of one or two questions. I wanted to get it explained to me  without having to bother anyone.

One day, I was a little bored and did not want to get on to RP, but to just browse the forums, that was when I found the Reports page. When I got on to it, I found a list of Solved and Unsolved Reports, in my mind, I was not allowed to go to the unsolved ones, as I was not a part of them. But, however,  the solved reports were already done with. I thought in my head I would not be intruding so I looked into nearly 10 - 15 solved reports. Believe me it was a lot of reading, but was worth it. After reading, all my questions were answered. The rules were so much more explained within the reports. (from my perspective)

With all this being said, If you are new or do not still understand fully of the rules, go to the Reports and learn more about them. 

Just don't post anything if you're not involved.  

I hope this Helped some of you and thanks for taking the time to read. :D

-TimothyRork17

"Within a mans mistake, a new lesson is learned"       <--- Do not know who that was from....

Forgot to add in and too lazy to edit, but who else does this? Because I know I am not the only one.

100% agree with this. Just seeing the rules in place and distinguishing what is and isn't a rule break in the reports section will help you keep that in mind during roleplay. Plus, It's always fun to see a little internet drama.

JarmanIV    1

I'd be careful looking at the reports. Sure it will get you a general feel for things but I remember reading a report from a year or so ago - this guy went into an active firefight, got mis-ID'd and killed. He made a report since technically he was KOS. Long story short, he was slapped with a false report and NVFL for running around an active firefight.

Someone got mis-ID'd in an active firefight the other day, wrote a report, and one of my buddies ended up getting a permaban from it. So just be careful reading the reports, its goes on a case-by-case basis rather than following a precedent... which is fine by me. Just be careful.

I'd be careful looking at the reports. Sure it will get you a general feel for things but I remember reading a report from a year or so ago - this guy went into an active firefight, got mis-ID'd and killed. He made a report since technically he was KOS. Long story short, he was slapped with a false report and NVFL for running around an active firefight.

Someone got mis-ID'd in an active firefight the other day, wrote a report, and one of my buddies ended up getting a permaban from it. So just be careful reading the reports, its goes on a case-by-case basis rather than following a precedent... which is fine by me. Just be careful.

Yes you are correct, but from reading so many, I learned that if I hear a lot of shooting (most likely a firefight), I do not go near it, if shooting stops and i wait 5 - 10 minutes, then I will go to the area to see what happened. It is better for both ends...

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

Let me just say that it is not a bother for you to ask questions of staff :)  That is what we are here for and it is part of our duty. Please do not feel awkward approaching anyone in staff.  I can assure you that we are all approachable and are enthusiastic about helping the community.  So please , by all means, stop into Waiting For Staff help channel in TS and we will help ya !

Yes Please as Doug has said if you have any questions about the rules or a current or past situation please feel free to jump up to the helpdesk or to ask a question on our questions thread .

We are here to help so why not use us?

OFA-Faux    4

I did the same, reading the rules and explaining them only went so far for comprehension of the rules, reading them being applied in reports clarified allot.

Yes Please as Doug has said if you have any questions about the rules or a current or past situation please feel free to jump up to the helpdesk or to ask a question on our questions thread .

We are here to help so why not use us?

Yes I now know this, but back then I was shy to talk to nearly everyone because IRL i was still being bullied. So in my mind I thought that bullies IRL are the same on the Internet. That's why I said that...

But, now I do come forward with a question for an Admin or Community Helper for info, because I am less shy. :D