Server time: 2017-08-20, 04:22

Sign in to follow this  
Michael

Less military based groups, more civillian groups

During a chat with few friends we noticed that there's too many group based on some militia, mercenaries, ex-soldiers groups and there isn't too much survivors/civillians based groups with interesting background stories.

What i suggest to admins - can you  force bringing balance in to that?

I mean you can't (i know you can but it's not what i mean) block groups which are WIP or waiting for acceptation but do something for future?

Corry    205

well the group im in isn't a military style group.

Ghost of Levi    8

Its Pritty much always been like that where there are more militairy focused groups then civilian based ones mainly becouse the people that play as acual civilians usually dont group up in actual groups but rather go around in dynamic groups, IMO thats just fine, you shouldnt have to force that people cant play as soldiers, so my 2cents dont fix what aint broken

TLake    23

Yeah well you have to look for a group that fits you, and if you can't do that always free to try and start one. Trying to force people to make/join non military ones isn't going to be a fun job for the admins and it will also cause the ranks to grow unhappy. No one likes to be forced to do something or know that someone is blocking them because of their groups background as you suggest.

Yeah well you have to look for a group that fits you, and if you can't do that always free to try and start one.  

I didn't say that i'm looking for a group.

The main problem which i try to point out is that in "our world" of DayZ RP there's to many military groups. It's the same thing like with foreigners.

Which is sad.

Which are you looking for specifically? As for military based groups, there's only a few at the moment that have any sort of military background in their lore. However, I can see from your standpoint how there is a lack of civilian based groups, largely because they get stagnant as time goes on and people move on.

Janana    28

You can look at the Official Groups list and see a total of 23 groups. Only 9 in which are openly militaristic. As much as I agree that we don't need forty different military based RP groups, at the same time, we don't have many to begin with. This of course is not including the Unofficial Groups which you can easily find on the Team Speak Server. 

There are currently 14 Unofficial Groups on TS and only 6 of them (that I know of) are military groups.

You have plenty of non-combatant groups to choose from.

A few more civilian-esk groups that you can easily find on the list.

Alcyone

The Trust

The Menagerie

Container 21

Faith

The Broken Empire

Ouroboros

Northern Free Company

New Dawn

Free Medical Services

Exiled

Shanoby    36
4534234-db125f70609430e80e9841a0a4f4371c8a7c3a1e9d00403dd64fe512c1e27ac9.jpg

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

Oh my.

There is a lot of survivor groups, and just survivors in general not in a group. I have yet to really meet any militaristic type groups in-game in the past few weeks anyways. Except maybe one.

Even the group im in, which seems militaristic, only really has military type values and ideals, doesn't mean were straight up "soldiers". Were all survivors. Meh, maybe you can use the word "Militia" for it too.

Hex    31

Not long ago I remember there being literally zero military groups. Honestly, who do you think would have the skills to survive an event of this magnitude? Someone who works a desk job, never fired a gun in his life and has no survival training? or a soldier who has had at least a year of training between bootcamp and his MOS school, even without seeing direct combat, someone who has gone through actual training has much much better odds of survival then the average joe.

Not saying normal civilians cant survive, just saying that between the two, the odds are stacked in favor of those who are trained.

Janana    28

Not saying normal civilians cant survive, just saying that between the two, the odds are stacked in favor of those who are trained.

I have found that all the "average joe" characters have been in Chernarus since the initial outbreak. I think they have the whole... survival thing down, eh? :3

Sandy    3

I know what you mean about there been a lot of military groups, however militia and mercenary groups are better than some from of Army remnants. A Militia style group would realistically form from military trained survivors who could also train other survivors in weapons and military tactics. I also do feel there could be more hardcore survivor groups, if you think realistically people like CDF and any NATO troops sent for support would be mostly wiped out in the early days since they would be on the front lines fighting the infected, the few that survive would have had most of their squad wiped out and probably deserted. Its ok for groups that regroup such troops into one unit but there is just a little bit too many military groups.

Hex    31

I have found that all the "average joe" characters have been in Chernarus since the initial outbreak. I think they have the whole... survival thing down, eh? :3

To be fair, there is a difference between comparing the game to a RL scenario. I can play a civilian character, but because I know the game so well, I have zero problem getting by. If this were to happen in real life, I'd imagine many of us would be fucked.

Remember the days the Somalian Pirates got around? They were the days.

Janana    28

To be fair, there is a difference between comparing the game to a RL scenario. I can play a civilian character, but because I know the game so well, I have zero problem getting by. If this were to happen in real life, I'd imagine many of us would be fucked.

Fair indeed.

Mitch    0

To be quite honest it would be quite hard to enforce, and it wouldn't change much any way if it were to be enforced as people would just not make a group. Also, it kind of makes sense to have a lot of military like groups left, I could understand if it were still early days in th infection though it's quite late in the infection now, most of the weaker civilians would have died off anyway in my opinion at least.

Buddy    842

Visit Alcyone... We're probably one of it not THE most non-militarized / civilian group in the area :3

Janana    28

Visit Alcyone... We're probably one of it not THE most non-militarized / civilian group in the area :3

With good reason too. We don't need guns at school, mkay. Guns are bad, mkay.

Heroz_Nick    21

Remember the days the Somalian Pirates got around? They were the days.

Indeed perhaps they will make a grand appearance. 

Soon ©

Shiro    118

You can look at the Official Groups list and see a total of 23 groups. Only 9 in which are openly militaristic. As much as I agree that we don't need forty different military based RP groups, at the same time, we don't have many to begin with. This of course is not including the Unofficial Groups which you can easily find on the Team Speak Server. 

There are currently 14 Unofficial Groups on TS and only 6 of them (that I know of) are military groups.

You have plenty of non-combatant groups to choose from.

A few more civilian-esk groups that you can easily find on the list.

Alcyone

The Trust

The Menagerie

Container 21

Faith

The Broken Empire

Ouroboros

Northern Free Company

New Dawn

Free Medical Services

Exiled

The Faith is a military focused group

Troll-face.png

JDoberman    44

-snippy more-

The Faith is a military focused group

-snip-

ooo see what u did there m8

I can see what your saying but,

In a true apocalyptic situation, Militaristic groups would have the best chances of survival. They would have training and expertise in these situations, Would there be groups of surviving civilians? Yes? would they struggle ? Of course!

Plus Stopping WIP or blocking groups isnt fair to the ones who make them, Imagine you work 14 hours on a group and someone says you cant be official because you have a military backround?

Just my opinion Though!

Voodoo    360

I think the balance is fine as it is now. There is alot less military on the server now compared to the mod days

You have to remember civilisation basically starts as militaristic as groups take land and claim it. Fighting other groups that threaten what they have achieved. Its basic human nature, also enforcing a cap on what types of groups can be made limits the freedom of RP.

I say let it stay as it is

I can see what people are saying, and I think a lot of people are missing the point of his post.

I think he is trying to get across there is a huge amount of military style groups and people on the server, and a lot of RP is PvP driven. Where as if there was more of an emphasis on actual survivors on our servers, stories and situations would be a lot more RP driven.

Well that is what I am getting from his post anyway.