Server time: 2017-08-16, 19:25

Sign in to follow this  
Jack Allen

Game keeps exiting out

Question

Jack Allen    18

Ever since I started playing dayz again weird things happen to my computer. Most of them were just issues I could resolve by myself. But for some reason, ever now and then, my screen will turn dark and the monitor will say "entering power saving mode". Note that this is only when I am playing DAYZ. It never does this any other time.

I would be Rping with some random guy, then my screen will turn black. I can still hear everything that they are saying, and I turned my monitors on and off. It then brings me back to my desktop, with the Dayz mouse Icon still showing without the screen. (I have two screens, so I can click to the other screen to click out of the game.)

I clicked out of the game and I could still hear voices, and I clicked back on the Dayz Icon. All I could see when I clicked back into Dayz was the Dayz mouse icon, and voices of other roleplayers. The only fix to making this stop I know of is just exiting out of the game. I didn't think it would be that much of a problem until I thought maybe this could happen when im being robbed, and I don't feel like explaining this in a report for combat logging. So does anyone know a way how to fix this?

6 answers to this question

Hi Jack!

Have you checked your video card ? It sounds like it is overheating! Causing the video to crash and you monitor to think there is nothing to dislpay so it goes into power saving mode!.

What type of graphics card do you have?

I have the NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX, it's an older gaming graphics card.

Yeah that is your issue my friend! Too much power, not enough cool air!

Download RivaTuner to try and Amp up your fan and try to cool it down! It could help.

http://www.guru3d.com/content-page/rivatuner.html

Or get you a new graphics card my friend!

DayZ is a taxing game to say the least so there might only be tempfixes until you get a new card or computer!

This being said  do you feel your question has been answered?

No problem!  Feel free to post any fixes you find 

and be sure to let us know if you need more help!

That being said

We will call this

/solved