Server time: 2017-08-17, 09:57

Sign in to follow this  
Von Braun

SMK

Ruffboi    0

This looks AWESOME. I think it'd just be another real-life perspective addition, which makes it even more AWESOME.

AWESOME

Goz    2

This was already suggested and tested for mod purpose. If I recall properly, it was too buggy & complicated (with emphasis on buggy) to be implemented.

Von Braun    0

This was already suggested and tested for mod purpose. If I recall properly, it was too buggy & complicated (with emphasis on buggy) to be implemented.

Then I say we allow it and just add MORE bugs to DayZRP! xD

In one of the videos, or another one I saw. The dude is able to flip the bird...WE MUST USE THIS MOD! lol

Rolle    2440

Isn't that the mod that we tested on the test server already? It required pressing like 5 different keys in exact order and time to get anything done. I felt like I was doing Tekken combos again.

Rel    0

Yeah, its extremely user unfriendly, and it wouldn't be great to make the community completely re-learn how to play the game with much more complicated controls.

Lord Fusk    2

This is very cool but as rolle said its like paying tekken again.

And i remember random leg breaks and deaths by just going up stairs and general running.

Goz    2

If lite version limits to some nice addition without 'tekken combos' then why not. I volounteer to test :D

-KG-    0

Im volunteering for testing this! :) that sniper stance looks awesome :P

Lets try the lite version out! Get on it Jukki, dont let Jamie drag you down! :D

Jukki    1

Im volunteering for testing this! :) that sniper stance looks awesome :P

Lets try the lite version out! Get on it Jukki, dont let Jamie drag you down! :D

When i get server to test on i will be able to test it out ;)

Tortov    0

Is there a mod that enables suppression like in Battlefield 3?

So that when you're being shot at, you cry and your tears freeze over your eyes so you can't see and you have to wait for it to melt to be effective again.

Jukki    1

So that when you're being shot at, you cry and your tears freeze over your eyes so you can't see and you have to wait for it to melt to be effective again.

I want :)

My enemies shall cry in laughter :D

Archer    0

As an experienced ArmA player (since the first of the series and having played with a lot of mods), SMK sucks.

Words can't describe how many times this mod will piss you off. The absolutely clumsy controls make you feel like a physically handicapped soldier who trips over/runs into everything.

You know how sometimes you can walk into a building and bam, you're dead? Well with SMK that will amplify it... if you can even get into the building.

I HIGHLY advise against this mod, for in place of another - which I have recommended to Rel...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?109628-ShackTac-Movement-addons

@st_movement works off the basic ArmA 2 movement system, however removes gun and reduces character clipping and also gets rid of that stupid side stepping animation.

No fancy shmancy leans and stances - those are practically pointless anyway, as you'll maybe use two of them - especially in a combat situation, "ain't nobody got time for that".

tl;dr

SMK sucks.

st_movement has no learning curve and allows the player to move with fluidity.

Tortov    0

I want :)

My enemies shall cry in laughter :D

Oh, I know you want it. Would make you too OP though. :)

Raun Paru    0

They keep implementing by taking the code and putting it into the DayZRP mod?

Why not just "Allow" it so clients can just use it, without all the bugs of cross-code..

Quick Edit:

I firmly believe that adding the ShackTactical Movement mods (improved vehicles, etc..)

would greatly increase the gameplay and reduce the clunkiness of DayZ RP.

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

Found the suppression mod.

Archer    0

Found the suppression mod.

That's for AI.

They keep implementing by taking the code and putting it into the DayZRP mod?

Why not just "Allow" it so clients can just use it, without all the bugs of cross-code..

If everyone was using different mods, it would make gameplay unfair and unnatural. For example, if I had SMK and you did not:

- Many of my movements would like my character just sliding across the floor, or running in slow motion.

- I would be able to blind fire, behind cover and you would not.

- Various exploits that come with the SMK mod would make combat quite one sided, in my favor.

With that being said, I think we can all agree that combat would be imbalanced, with everyone running different mods; which leads to bitching/complaining... Which there is plenty of, as it is.

Conclusively, I propose that we do not allow, or implement, @SMK, but rather implement @st_movement, for reasons I stated, in my previous post.

Comrade Deg    13

I support this thread as a RP server this is almost a must have. These animations really do look nice and offer great functionality.

Archer    0

I challenge each of you, whom support @SMK, to test it out. The animations are awkward, the features are buggy, and the learning curve is ridiculously difficult, for the average and below ArmA player.

The key combinations are quite hard to memorize, not to mention: you'll find your character doing things, you wished him/her not to, in the most awful of times.

Then, after you've done my first challenge, I challenge you again; test out @st_movement.

@SMK was implemented before, the Dev's took it out for a reason, I'm speaking from experience, you do NOT want this implemented on DayZRP.

Especially to the players of average skill, or below.

Source: I played with the @SMK mod, on a @ACE realism mod server, for a few months straight. At the end of month three, I finally deleted it and re-installed @st_movement, will not go back.

TL;DR: Try them both, figure out what you like best... But I'm telling you @SMK is terrible, and you will learn to loathe it, in a PvP situation.

it was AMAZING while we had it on the test server... BUTTTT your legs would break on the stupidest shit(walking into barns ((emphasis on walking)) walking over tiny objects. the climbing over walls and peaking around doors on your back was pretty sweet though. The mod just needs ONE key to activate certain maneuvers.